• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, the OP says "Santa Claus (Night state)" so It should be good, but overall do you agree with the OP?
Yeah sure I agree.

You can add the scan from chapter 75 saying "Fearing and strengthening Makima is nothing less than the history of humanity." if you wanna cement how feared she is.

Yeah sure I agree.

You can add the scan from chapter 75 saying "Fearing and strengthening Makima is nothing less than the history of humanity." if you wanna cement how feared she is.
A fear scaling category has been added, as well as fear scaling feats for Makima and Santa

Your vote has also been added 🙏

I thought the calculation was dropped? Or to be more accurate the pulverization end was rejected? I don't know where you're getting 21.38 Tons from, since I never got that for his durability. And my method of using the inverse square law in the comment I think you're using is incorrect anyway, which is why I didn't add it to the blog.

The general scaling in the OP looks alright to me, but I'd like to understand the numbers.

I'd like to understand the numbers.
That's a mistake on my part as I've gotten the scaling of your previous message on the first page of the thread

If I'm correct it should be around 18 tons of the attack which denji took
Using that knowledge, is it alright to use that for the Bat Devil's distance?

I made my own calculation here, which is where I got these numbers.

I'll use a distance of 7 meters, as the road is 6.5 meters and there is a sidewalk. But the Bat Devil isn't completely across the road.

This me a surface area of 455.3059 m^2 from the Bat Devil to the Building.

The two radius are the same as the building's above, which is 7.73853 m and 8.00946 m.

The Cross-Sectional Area of the Building: π*7.73853*8.00946 = 194.7204 m^2.

Initial Energy = 38259896652 Joules or 381348643100 Joules

Bat Devil's Attack Potency (V.Frag) = 455.3058/194.7204*38259896652 = 89461365388.8 Joules or 21.38 Tons of TNT (City Block level)

Bat Devil's Attack Potency (Pulverization) = 455.3058/194.7204*381348643100 = 891690079856 Joules or 213.11 Tons of TNT (Multi-City Block level)

Now to get Denji's Durability.

Shockwave Area = π*1.74^2 = 9.511 m^2

Energy Per m^2 (V.Frag) = 89461365388.8/9.511 = 9406094563.01 Joules per m^2

Energy Per m^2 (Pulverization) = 891690079856/9.511 = 93753556918.9 Joules per m^2

Denji's Surface Area = 1.68 m^2

Half of This = 0.84 m^2

Energy (V.Frag) = 9406094563.01*0.84 = 7901119432.93 Joules or 1.88 Tons of TNT (Building level+)

Energy (Pulverization) = 93753556918.9*0.84 = 78752987811.9 Joules or 18.82 Tons of TNT (City Block level)

How does this look?
^ this was the mistake I originally made by placing it in the OP

Apart from that I'm glad the scaling seems fit

This was said here and it seems like SeijiSetto agreed with this sentiment.

He said that after taking a second look he rejected it.

Or am I missing something here?
He was talking about the original OP calc (8-A+) which had results too close to the Gun devils feat (the Bat Devils calc by Phantom)

You replaced it with your current calc which is now accepted (the pulv end) and being used

He was talking about the original OP calc (8-A+) which had results too close to the Gun devils feat (the Bat Devils calc by Phantom)

You replaced it with your current calc which is now accepted (the pulv end) and being used
In less confusing words SeijiSetto told passerby that he had already rejected the original OP bat devil calc, not yours so everything should be alright

Ah, I see.

Well still my version of the calculation in the blog is 8 Tons and not 8-B, the one in my comments was not evaluated and is incorrect anyway as stated by Seiji earlier on. I was doing the inverse square law wrong there and when explained I realized that this law cannot be applied to this kind of attack.

Denji's Durability should be downscaling from the 8 Tons of TNT results instead.

The attack spreads forward in the shape of a cone, the sides of the cone are completely irrelevant since that's just the area the energy passes through, it doesn't stay or spread inside that area. Which means only the cone's circle/base area matters and that area is the same as the building destruction's area.

The inverse square law cannot be used in this case to find the Bat Devil's AP since the destroyed part is across the entire area of the attack and not a small part of it.

That's why that calculation in the comments is wrong and is why I didn't put it in the OP.

Ah, I see.

Well still my version of the calculation in the blog is 8 Tons and not 8-B, the one in my comments was not evaluated and is incorrect anyway as stated by Seiji earlier on. I was doing the inverse square law wrong there and when explained I realized that this law cannot be applied to this kind of attack.

Denji's Durability should be downscaling from the 8 Tons of TNT results instead.

The attack spreads forward in the shape of a cone, the sides of the cone are completely irrelevant since that's just the area the energy passes through, it doesn't stay or spread inside that area. Which means only the cone's circle/base area matters and that area is the same as the building destruction's area.

The inverse square law cannot be used in this case to find the Bat Devil's AP since the destroyed part is across the entire area of the attack and not a small part of it.

That's why that calculation in the comments is wrong and is why I didn't put it in the OP.
Alright, in that case I will make the adjustments to the OP

Ah, I see.

That's more a fault of the inverse-square formulae we use not taking energy loss into account, all it calculates is how much energy is spread out.
So the Bat Devil's attack having as much energy at the epicenter as it does at its edge (due to the energy being applied across its entire area) is just a quirk of that fact.

That's more a fault of the inverse-square formulae we use not taking energy loss into account, all it calculates is how much energy is spread out.
So the Bat Devil's attack having as much energy at the epicenter as it does at its edge (due to the energy being applied across its entire area) is just a quirk of that fact.
Well that's because it's meant to be applied to things that spread out from a center point. Here the energy is propelled forward and spreads out into a wider circular area, calculating energy loss as it goes forward would be something vastly different from the inverse square law which could only do what I said above.

Also with my knowledge, this wouldn't be noticeable or a large gap at all.

I'm not best at describing what I'm thinking.

I can agree with the newly updated scaling. It's clear that Pochita even in his weakened state was still superior to the rest of the hybrids, though still not strong enough to be completely unfazed by their attacks and was eventually defeated by their combined efforts. So High 8-C to 8-B for the characters should be good for now. Until we're shown more feats from the hybrids in the future.

Last edited:
I can agree with the newly updated scaling. It's clear that Pochita even in his weakened state was still superior to the rest of the hybrids, though still not strong enough to be completely unfazed by their attacks. So High 8-C to 8-B for the characters should be good for now. Until we're shown more feats from the hybrids in the future.
Counted 🙏

Looks good but the scans you used are pretty booty in terms of quality. I wouldn't use those particular scans in the profile due to how rough they look, just find another manga site with high quality scans and use those instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back