• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArbitraryNumbers

VS Battles
Retired
Star-Lord, for a short period of time, was able to withstand the power of the Power Stone, which is 5-A. It was stated that he was capable of surviving this for as long as he did solely because he was part Celestial. Yes the others surviving it is likely PIS, but it was specifically stated that Quil could survive it because he was part celestial; it's a legitimate plot point and aspect of his character that allowed him to survive the power stone's power for as long as he did.

Because of this I think Star-Lord, with his fully awakened celestial powers, should be 5-A in durability, and so should Ego for being a full celestial. In turn, the two of them should scale to each other in AP as well via being able to damage each other.

I could honestly see this, and it would fix some weirder stuff like Stephen Strange somehow being leagues above the Celestials, but I'll wait for more input.

We could calc Ego's feat of warping / consuming thousands of worlds and divide it by two.

The Celestials could all tank the Power Stone's power in the Flashback. The one in the middle hits the ground with it and the ones around him are hit by the blast and survive.

@AN

Ego had to seed the worlds to actually reach them, but it was pretty explicitly his power that fuelled the expansion. Though from the way he talked about it, it seemed he required enough power to do all of it at once (hence why he needed Star-Lord), so it seemed like an all-or-nothing sort of deal.

So Ego's expansion feat wouldn't scale to him normally?

I'd still like a link to the feat. I can't find it anywhere.

However I do have the DVD and I could take some screenshots and calc those.

Quick question, what do you think is a good material to use for the blue stuff that consumes the planets?

Perhaps we could give Ego a "potentially up to 3-A over time" ranking? Since his plan was to overtake and assimilate all matter in the universe into himself?

I like 5-A too. It's more consistent.

So we have three feats. Ego's Expansion, Star-Lord holding the Power Stone briefly, and the Celestials tanking the Power Stone's power.

That should solidify 5-A Star-Lord and Ego.

Probably obvious, but I also agree with 5-A Ego, amped Star-Lord, and Celestials.

Also, while on the subject, Celestial Peter should probably have the same type of regen as Ego, as Ego flat out states that he'll also be immortal as long as the light in the planet's core remains intact. Pretty believable when he was fine after having a giant energy tendril rammed straight through his chest twice in like an hour.

Ego's Avatars should have Large Planet Class Striking Strength and Large Planet level durability for trading blows with Star Lord (who should have Large Planet Class Striking Strength)

The scaling in Guardians of the galaxy is generally a mess.

Ego's avatars have 8-A durability via scaling to Star-Lord's blasters... yet Star-Lord's blasters are 9-A.

Also, why does Star-Lord's profile even mention him slightly staggering Thanos as reasoning for him being 9-A? Thanos is High 6-B.

@Revan

Where does High Hypersonic come from?

Also I should mention that my method of calculation was lowballing it quite a bit. There were saturn-like planets in the demonstration that were covered in the same timeframe. If we use half the circumference of saturn it would still be 10% SoL, so it would still be calc-able.

I'd advocate for a "possibly 5-A" in durability. Since his celestial powers weren't fully awakened and that movie was the same one where he performed the durability feat.

@ArbitraryNumbers Star-Lord seemed comparable to Captain America level characters. It's absurd that even Black Widow has High Hypersonic combat speed but Star Lord and Ego doesn't

Revan Laha said:
@ArbitraryNumbers Star-Lord seemed comparable to Captain America level characters. It's absurd that even Black Widow has High Hypersonic combat speed but Star Lord and Ego doesn't
Well the thing is there actually has to be something suggesting that they are comparable.

I mean, Star-Lord seemed to pretty easily restrain Peter Parker, who has consistently shown to be comparable in his speed to Iron Man, Cap, Bucky, Falcon, etc.

So that wouldn't exactly be too far fetched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back