• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of don't agree with the Power Stone stuff. Ronan was stated to directly be strong/durable enough to survive, at the very least briefly, and it hinges on an entire plot point. Plus Thanos survived it, although it could be argued it was the Infinity Gauntlet.

I'm pretty sure Gamora also said the bigger the target the bigger the power surge when talking about what Ronan would do to Xandar.

ByAsura said:
I kind of don't agree with the Power Stone stuff. Ronan was stated to directly be strong/durable enough to survive, at the very least briefly, and it hinges on an entire plot point.
Was he? He touched it for a brief second before merging it with his hammer. He died instantly when its power was actually turned against him by Star-Lord, who was actually able to hold it directly, which shocked Ronan.

It would increase their powers against Ronan i'm pretty sure. Also, Ronan took far less damage from the Orb than when they killed him with it, so it could just be PIS.

Edit: I found the clip, he doesn't even seem to be that hurt or injured, or is at least a lot less injured that Quill alone. The Celestials also have the Orb in their weapons, so i'm pretty sure it's not that he can't withstand it, more that he just wants to strike Xandar with it.

Not to mention that when it was first taken out of its container it blew up a freaking laboratory and disintegrated a man in seconds when he touched it.

Shortly after followed someone saying something among the lines of "you have that in your purse?!"

MFW Starlord is stronger then his comic version and so far the only one to be so in the MCU.

Also, I think Star-Lord's blasters should be "9-A, possibly 8-A" via knocking down Ronan the Accuser.

I'd like to suggest some quote changes:

Star-Lord: "There's a little pee coming out of me right now."

Drax: "I have sensitive nipples."

Rocket: "You just wanna suck the fun outta everything."

Ego: "Yes, Drax. I got a penis."

I suggest a few speed changes. Ego should have at least FTL travel speed for being able to create spaceships. Both Ego and Star-Lord should have High Hypersonic combat and reaction. In fact, I think Drax, Gamora, Nebula, Adult Groot, Korath and Ronan should get it too

Except it was explicitly stated that he was able to hold the stone for as long as he did because he was part celestial.

Revan Laha said:
In fact, I think Drax, Gamora, Nebula, Adult Groot, Korath and Ronan should get it too
Well the thing is we can't just assume that they have it.

I know Star-Lord scales to Gamora and vice versa, and Rocket can keep up with Gamora as well.

The others are a bit tricky and I'll have to rewatching the movie to make sure.

So an update:

Drax defeated Korath. Drax and Groot fought in a bar. Gamora was able to cut Groot's arm off. Star-Lord traded blows with Gamora.

Since Korath is "likely 8-A", that means Drax, Groot, Star-Lord, and Gamora, could all get a "likely 8-A" added to their rankings.

I also want to point out that

Holding the Power Stone =/= Tanking the Power Stone's power

Ronan held the stone, yet got destroyed when blasted.

Ego should have FTL travel speed. He's capable of interstellar travel via creating spaceships out of matter manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back