• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the "fiction" argument, I meant that fiction often wanks sharpened weaponry, just like KE doesn't always work in fiction or that fiction often ignores conservation of energy.

Agreed. The "official numbers" often contradict the actual scene, like when they said base Surtur's 800 m tall when he clearly isn't that tall.

Even if it did in someway, it wouldn't even scale to the main group. Groot was reduced to splinters, and Ronan, especially with the orb, is vastly superior to Drax. It was also heavily implied that the GotG would die had Groot not shielded them.

There's other feats, like drax withstanding a crash landing and orbital entry without protection in GotG 2.

Gemmysaur said:
Asgardian weapons are typically enhanced in some way. No normal weapons leave angry red marks that look like they cauterized what they cut. Don't see a reason why Valk's is any different.
And I still think Valkyrie is High 6-B/Asgardian weaponry>>>>wielders via Gemmysaur's reasons.

Gemmysaur said:
Asgardian weapons are typically enhanced in some way. No normal weapons leave angry red marks that look like they cauterized what they cut. Don't see a reason why Valk's is any different.
@ByAsura What do you think about this?

It depends on the function. We have Heimdall (did I get that right?) who's sword opens the rainbow bridge, we have Thor's hammer that focuses his powers, both of which aren't necessarily combat related. Also, that might be inaccurate since it was a hologram of Thor.

If you are asking about the weapons being enchanted in general rather than combat related, then I'd say yes. In the mcu magic and science are the same on Asgard.

"Your ancestors called it magic; you call it science. I come from a land where they are one and the same thing."

Here's the crash scene https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UUgI57pdDMc

Just a comment that Wolverine technically shouldn't be able to harm Thor, Hulk, or Thanos with his claws, given insufficient amounts of force behind his strikes, and that his flesh should receive far more damage than they do every time he tries, but he still can, somehow.

I have no opinion about the discussion as a whole though.

This is adamantium + sharp stuff often harm far higher-tier being in most fiction.

Anyway I think we should return to topic. I'll make a separate thread to discuss Asgardian weaponry if I have time.

UPDATE: Made it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back