• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Hetalia Tier Upgrade

I'll try to keep this short. Currently the avatars are at Low 6-B but I believe most characters should be updated to standard 6B/High 6B or higher. Here's my reasonings.

1. Time and time again the manga/anime refers to the avatars having their body refer to the landmass.

Examples:

The Great Kanto Earthquake in Japan (IRL) made the avatar Japan get a simple stomach-ache (The Great Kanto Earthquake was a 8.0 Earthquake btw, 150,000 died. The Earthquake DCEU Superman prevented was calced around 10 teratons of power and had the same magnitude, the same intensity and was listed at around 6B, so it's comparable. (Japan only felt stomach-pain but was OK from an quake producing 10+ teratons of power)

The nations' body height usually depends on the size of their country territory, wealth, and power. Once again linking them to the actual land their country controls.

As for other body pain the nations tend to feel this when a power struggle happens in their government or land, as well as when disaster may strike.

2. It makes vsthreads less confusing.

Many don't understand how these avatars are Low 6-B but it requires someone with High 6A power to defeat them (Which in the most part requires destroying entire landmasses.) Also, a thread in which America fought an enemy that was standard 6B via "sheer size" rather than AP. Yet America is the personification of the entire land that makes up US territory. Should he only have "Small Country Level" tiering?

https://hetalia.wikia.com/wiki/Terminology_in_Hetalia:_Axis_Powers

Okay, it seems as though that Dark's calc has 2 outcomes.

1. The first calc could be used to find the durability/ap of said national avatar.

2. Dark's second calc finds the total amount of energy needed the vaporize the entire said country.

In terms of Japan. Japan would have High 6B AP/Dura

This also goes along with the logic of a High 6A to kill the nations sou this could work.

Personifying a landmass =/= having its durability. All this shows is that the countries are affected by what happens in their, well, countries.

Okay, lets' use a different character for example.

Helios is the Personification of the Sun.

His avatar literally has Star level AP/Durability/Striking class as he (Is the sun personified)

How is this any different from Hetalia? Except with landmasses.

You'll have to be more precise than that since there are at least 6 versions of the character.

But regardless, characters like those have tier based on what they embody if:

-They have shown control over it to an accept

-Are literally what they embody. Like if someone embodying the sun is actually the astral body floating in space and not just a personification.

Also, you're better off thinking logically HOW these characters would scale to their country's size rather than saying "This profile did it first!".

I see what you're saying. I made this thread because someone new the forums has changed several profiles and was arguing for this. I made a thread and a blod to begin the debate. But I didn't make the changes on some of their profiles.

And I'm not sure I understand. The characters are literally what they embody. The Character France literally embodies the country & land of France.

"That is why the nations' body height usually depends on the size of their country territory, wealth, and power."

And the nations clearly can't just be personifications at this point if Japan can physically feel the energy of an Earthquake but simply get a stomach ache.

This might open up to Hetalia nations being non-corpreal then. As they're already abstract concepts. But based on them being very tied to the land and their apperances changing over time based on their country and land. They may not have a true form. As their country and land can always change. No?

They literally embody the nations, but they are not physically the nations.

They can still just be personifications that have their body tied to the country, that is not a problem at all.

EDIT: They've shown no evidence of being non-corporeal, just conceptually embodying things. If they country or land change too much they stop existing/die, from what I've read on their profiles.

Agnaa. Ahh. But let us not forget Prussia and Rome still exist and both interact with Modern Germany.

I have not made their profiles because I cannot explain this...unless you all have any ideas

I feel like you don't understand that "LITERALLY EMBODYING" doesn't mean anything on its own. All they've shown is being affected by stuff that happened to their country. They haven't shown the ability to manipulate the country they embody nor at they the size of said country.

I'm not actually familiar with the verse, but going off of Germany's profile, it says:

It does not seem necessary to actually destroy the land mass in order to kill him, simply to destroy the culture or population, or to change the borders, nature, and name of the natio

That is correct off the page. It is what Dark and I agreed on.

But when it comes to Prussia and Rome this doesn't seem to apply. Since that is the case for them we haven't figured out where to go for the rest. Yet...

I mean they could just be reliantly immortal on their country. Who says the physical avatar is that strong, though?

Antoniofer said:
With what Agnaa mentioned in the blog it sounds more like these characters born from the country rather than they are the country, they do not seems to control its landmass nor its habitants, instead the habitants affect them.
Similar topic, but Yagarame habe similar characteristics than these characters (Although with more info), should he counts like he embody the island?
This isn't entirely true because as soon as Britain and France reach the New World they simply find America before "America" existed as a country itself.

If they would die if the the nation's people dissappears I don't think they are bounded to an specific landmass; maybe he existed at that moment due to the natives that tecnically were "americans". I could be wrong tho, I hetting that vibe due what Agnaa told me.

That is a good idea. Again. I'm not saying these changes should go into effect at all. This is simple discussion that another user brought to my attention. Although they seem new as they changed the tier rating before making a CRT....I still took it upon myself to bring this up to simple discuss.

This is what the wiki states.

Usually when the culture or the country's personality dies/disappears, the country would gradually disappear or entrust him/herself to the country that takes him/her over.

There are also cases that him/ her is not a country but countinously to live as a representation of a region.

Examples of this include:

• Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and Tibet are part of the People's Republic of China.
  • Prussia lives with Germany after losing his official title as a nation.

There's no evidence that the Hetalia characters are 10-B, either. There's not a single evidence that supports an absolutely accurate ranking. Though I am guessing if everyone's upset about the whole land-embodiment trope, we can instead look at the feats each government of each country can pull off and scale the Hetalia characters off of this.

@Antydeth I see you changed the stats on America's profile. Where were these changes discussed? Because i do not see any CRT where this upgrade was accepted.

Me and Pepper chatted with Ant, that's all. On a rush, I thought he was approving of changing the stats. Regardless, the changes I implented are only temprorary till a final decision is made.

I think they should just be reverted to what they originally were.Literally every staff member in this thread along with Agnaa seem to disagree with it.

Back