• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Explanation for 18 vs Ribrianne

Status
Not open for further replies.
As seen in the latest episode of super, the three fighters from universe 2 surpassed Ribrianne and the other magical girls after being powered up by the love of universe 2 and becoming magical girls(men?). Before this power up, they were keeping up with a severely weakened base form Goku, and it was 3 on 1. Her love for Krillen could be a possibly explanation for 18 beating Ribrianne, since the "power of love" appears to give a significant boost in power. Just a random thought I had.

18 has been shown training with Krillin in Super. Training with a martial artist > training by yourself/against poachers. That's her excuse.

The notion that she's depicted as inferior and thus couldn't possibly defeat Ribrianne without it being an outlier is ridiculous. Let's not forget she overpowered Cocotte in her first fight with her. The same cocotte who was powerful enough to create a barrier that survived the combined blast of both SS2 Caulifla and Berserker Kale. It wasn't moved in the slightest yet 18 effortlessly picked it up and tossed it over the edge. Then she was able to survive the black hole that immobilized base Goku as well as Android 17, handling it with the same difficulty as the both of them. From people who were using the same powers as Ribrianne and co.

Being 3-A makes the most sense and considering how vastly that tier can vary, it's not farfetched imo.

Like I've said a bajillion times, its easier to believe that Ribrianne is simply not 3-A than 18 randomly getting to 3-A with minimal training.

She has 1 3-A feat which is defeatin Ribrianne.

She actually has two in the latest episode.

The pretty blackhole was stated to be a technique even the three girls couldn't achieve on their own which places the dudes empowered by love > above them

18 fight's at least one of them on somewhat even ground

18's ki blast made the blackhole expand considerably in size, meaning the power behind her attacks are comparable to the power of the users who created the blackhole in the first place.

but that's doesn't mean her showings wouldn't be outlierish.

Ribrianne was deemed 3-A from her few showings with Goku and Vegeta. Why is it so difficult to believe that 18 is 3-A as well? She countered Ribrianne's attacks, defeated her, tanked her attacks, had established training, trained with krillin even in Z(unless that was filler), overpowered and tossed Cocotte out of the ring when even Berserker Kale and SS2 Caulifla couldn't do that with their combined blast. Seems consistent with her ToP displays so far.

If it's just a consistency issue, I mean, I guess I see the problem but then Krillin and Roshi shouldn't be 4-C since it's not consistent either. If we're going with that, I'd be fine, but there doesn't seem to be much consistency in determining U7 power scaling.

It'd probably be better to reconsider scaling for all ToP participants in that case until it's over properly so we can rifle through everything.

EDIT: Side note since we're talking about inconsistencies, would we consider the black hole attack universal since it seemingly required SSB to overcome? That'd be a durability feat for 17, 18, and Goku, right? Sorry if this all comes across as bothersome.

Because 18 has 0 training. Sparring with Krillin is not enough. She doesn't do it regularly and just lounges around all day.

Also she is much weaker and slower than 17, and would have been beaten by Katopesla. She is recurrently shown as either comparable to Krillin / weaker than 17 in the tournament.

Well, to be fair, she has multiple feats of facing 3-A's. She fought Kaserol (however his name is spelled. Well she more or less dodged), along side 17. She was going to aid 17 in fighting Beast Girl, She defeated Ribrianne, Fought that guy who surpassed Rosie and is now blocking hits from the U4 Bugs who can hurt 17 and the likes of Gohan as shown in the preview. She's more or less seen as much more powerful in this tournament than when she was training. Especially compared to Krillin.

AguilaR101 said:
18's ki blast made the blackhole expand considerably in size, meaning the power behind her attacks are comparable to the power of the users who created the blackhole in the first place.
This is a property of real black holes.

Can we deal with 18 after she is eliminated? I think we will get all the required feats till then, to either upgrade her or come up with a possible explanation to pass it off as outlier/PIS.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Because 18 has 0 training. Sparring with Krillin is not enough. She doesn't do it regularly and just lounges around all day.
Also she is much weaker and slower than 17, and would have been beaten by Katopesla. She is recurrently shown as either comparable to Krillin / weaker than 17 in the tournament.
You're assuming a lot here. We've seen her spar with Krillin before. You have no proof that "She doesn't do it regularly and just lounges around all day." We have no such statements either. You have no idea how much she trains. We're given nothing of the sort through statements or showings. This is an outlandish claim. Of course I could be totally wrong and forgetting a one off line or something but making bold claims like this without proof backing it is too far, imo.

She isn't shown comparable to Krillin either. Revival of F arc we get a confirmation from her and Krillin that she's still more powerful than him. She chastises him for being weak at least twice in Super. Krillin saving her from a surprise attack from an opponent she was previously stomping =/= her being at Krillin's level. Nor does her flinching at Katopesla's attack mean she'd be defeated by him since, you know, she had no way of knowing how powerful he was. Again, a massively outlandish claim.

Though 17 is shown as her superior, she still has plenty of feats supporting her power.

I do agree with AKM, despite all this. People are jumping the gun with a lot of these characters. Remember how people assumed Monaka was legitimately 3-A without anything backing it? She shouldn't get a change in tier just yet but she should still be on a list of consideration until she's eliminated. I think there's more than enough evidence supporting her having become stronger through the years.

"We've seen her spar with Krillin before."

Literal days before the ToP

"You have no proof that "She doesn't do it regularly and just lounges around all day." "

The burden of proof is on you.

"We have no such statements either."

It's clearly how she lives her life going by the entire series so far. She stays at home and takes care of the child. She doesn't like fighting.

"You have no idea how much she trains."

Neither does you.

"We're given nothing of the sort through statements or showings. This is an outlandish claim."

Saying that she's been training non-stop for 6 years is far more outlandish.

"Of course I could be totally wrong and forgetting a one off line or something but making bold claims like this without proof backing it is too far, imo."

The burden of proof is yours.

"She isn't shown comparable to Krillin either. Revival of F arc we get a confirmation from her and Krillin that she's still more powerful than him."

Not talking about RoF Krillin, talking about ToP.

"Krillin saving her from a surprise attack from an opponent she was previously stomping =/= her being at Krillin's level."

No, but them both fighting two different opponents as a duo and winning through teamwork wouldn't make sense if 18 was so much stronger and faster.

"Nor does her flinching at Katopesla's attack mean she'd be defeated by him since, you know, she had no way of knowing how powerful he was. Again, a massively outlandish claim."

No, if she is blitzed, and flinches at his punch, knowing she can't dodge and that it will hurt, it is a low-showing. Same Katopesla who is stomped by Base Vegeta after amping his strength by 300.

Well i mean, 18 was shown to get quite a big boost in power, to which she busted out of the Love Amour. She probably just, like you do in DBZ, bust out this random power increase, and now she she is comparable to 3-A. Its bs reasoning but we have accepted this before from Super. She's still not as strong as 17 though, but 3-A has quite a wide gap.

Not to mention she was the one completely shattering giant Ribrianne, although that form should have been much stronger, and knocked her out of Base form...which Goku, Vegeta and 17 failed to do. Ofc they could do that, but if you see, Ribrianne is basically unharmed by all of their attacks, she gets thrown around a lot and hurt, but she doesn't even bear a scratch, compared to that of Rozie and whatnot. Tbh, i agree with 3-A 18 for being able to beat her, as well as be in a Tournament that has all these casual universals. Her and 17 have only recently just gotten serious.

Also with the Katopesla thing...idk if we should say he would have stomped her honestly, she was recovering from her injury, and he had just boosted his speed by like 300x, it was probably a moment when she was off guard and whatnot honestly, but seeing as everyone else has been treating him like a joke, then i doubt he would have stomped her, maybe blitzed a little but i dont think strong enough to beat her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back