• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Bleach Speed Update

Matthew Schroeder said:
Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
Jesus Christ, here we go again....... i truly don't understand you matt, i just don't. You didn't have to put " first time Bleach fans did this", your making it seem like the entire fandom here is just a bunch of wankers and are almost always up to no good.
I know plenty of cool, easygoing Bleach fans out there. Hell, Promestein, a Bureaucrat of this wiki, likes Bleach to an extent and read the manga.
The problem lies in a certai crowd. Shall we say a crowd that has plenty of banned people in it?

But I digress. The point being, this calculation is Calc Stacking and to boot it isn't even the first time someone attempted to push it here on the site.
With your prior actions and statements in the past, your making it really hard to believe it then. You were basically implying that, yes. I don't care if bleach get's upgraded or not, i care if someone is making us out here to be nothing but a group of wankers, like, then you need to do a better job out wording things then, because with your prior statemetns and accusations it's seems your saying that the entire fandom here is just pure cancer, when they're are obviously worser fandoms. Anyway, imma just leave it at that, i don't see myself contrubited anythiong thing postive here retaning to the topic at hand.

I think that it is best to only let the calc group members solve this. Somebody should ask the others to comment, especially the ones who commented in the calculation blog itself.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
Jesus Christ, here we go again....... i truly don't understand you matt, i just don't. You didn't have to put " first time Bleach fans did this", your making it seem like the entire fandom here is just a bunch of wankers and are almost always up to no good.
I know plenty of cool, easygoing Bleach fans out there. Hell, Promestein, a Bureaucrat of this wiki, likes Bleach to an extent and read the manga.
The problem lies in a certai crowd. Shall we say a crowd that has plenty of banned people in it?

But I digress. The point being, this calculation is Calc Stacking and to boot it isn't even the first time someone attempted to push it here on the site.
Ok so, Matt, how would you calc this ?

Because from the looks of it, we ain't going anywhere, so show me do you think it could be done and we will compare it and hopefully reach a agreement, better than have everyone yelling at each other

They're just forcing it to be stacking , as if it had two feats there, which it has not, I've explained above and it has not even answered.

Anyway, I ask that someone more coherent evaluate this, could someone ask for Raven's entry on this topic?

Dangai Ichigo said:
Ok so, Matt, how would you calc this ?

Because from the looks of it, we ain't going anywhere, so show me do you think it could be done and we will compare it and hopefully reach a agreement, better than have everyone yelling at each other
It's best to use the already accepted distance done by Raven as it doesn't require calc stacking

Actually I noticed something about Ravens calc. He assumes that Ichigo followed the stairs which doesn't make much sense to me considering that Ichigo dived. That calc should probably be redone.

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
Actually I noticed something about Ravens calc. He assumes that Ichigo followed the stairs which doesn't make much sense to me considering that Ichigo dived. That calc should probably be redone.
This calculation is a huge lowball

Well the feat is Sub Rel going by the profiles but I think Ravens original calc should be redone since it uses a few assumptions that don't make sense. I personally don't care what happens where since I'm not too knowledgeable on Bleach ( Matter of fact out of the entire HST I've only read One Piece. ) but going by the scans and the context Ichigo dived, rather than follow the stairs.

@Tatahakai

I agree, after reading about stacking calculation, this really looked like one. I hoped that, unlike the previous topics this would not be an unnecessary discussion, I understand the point of Tata and Matthew and I agree although I'm not a member of the calculation group, and I also believe that calculating the distance between Reiokyou and Soul Society, I believe that we should use the speed of sound, since fodder have managed to react to this and we also do not know to whom kirinji addressed in a matter of speed, so I believe that using the speed of sound is a consistent low ball, although I may be wrong.

For the last ******* time,the calc does not involve calc stacking.

We know ichigo fell and covered an "unknown" distance in 9h and 15m

What we're trying to find here is the "unknown" distance ichigo covered in 9h and 15m

To find this,we need to first find the acceleration of ichigo.

There is literally no other way to find a "distance" a said object covered without it's acceleration as distance=1/2at^2.

Since ichigo was falling,his velocity would be zero starting from rest and his final velocity is the results gotten in the blog.

To get his acceleration, we simply divide the final velocity of ichigo by the total timeframe he took to arrive at soul society which we all know as 9h and 15m.

After finding the acceleration we now find the distance ichigo covered

Which would be dis=1/2at^2

Pretty much a straight forward calc,nothing is being stacked here.

The questions that lies now is what this wiki considers to be calc stacking tbh.

If we could call this calc stacking, it would literally signify that kinetic energy calcs also involves calc stacking.

Since we would need to find the volume of the said object,it's mass and it's velocity(if not given) then multiply them to get the energy result.

It would only be calc stacking if we took a result from another calc to find the distance

E.g Mimihagi has a calced speed of MHS+,ichigo was capable of reacting and combating Mimihagi

The speed ichigo used to get to soul society would be the result of combating Mimihagi who has a calced speed of MHS+.

But in this case all the calcs done is to get a specific thing which is the distance,just as all the calc done for a feat that requires moving an object is to get the kinetic energy.

Mano, I want to understand now how they are interpreting this as "stacking", with Ichigo still traveling and he crossed the distance in a short time, that in the case is his final speed. We have the initial and final speed and the time. I ask again, how is this stacking calculation?

Liltotto should be possible to scale from, yes.

USklaverei said:
Mano, I want to understand now how they are interpreting this as "stacking", with Ichigo still traveling and he crossed the distance in a short time, that in the case is his final speed. We have the initial and final speed and the time. I ask again, how is this stacking calculation?
Bruh Ikr lol.

Well, I personally do not mind using it, but it is up to the calc group members to decide.

So can we now agree the calc doesn't involve calc stacking?since we have like three calc members saying it isn't? I don't think we need literally every calc member to reply it isn't calc stacking before we can accept it,do we?.

Appeal to Authority at its finest. You are still using the result from a calculation of one scene and applying it to another to built on that calc

It is per definition Calc Stacking. But you try to frame it as something else and of course when you describe it like that to an unsuspecting third party they will follow your words regardless of veracity.

What are the 2 scenes being mentioned? As far as I can tell, Ichigo leaving, travelling and later crashing is just one part split up in multiple chapters.

Have you ever heard of the concept of scene cuts? Splitting Ichigo's fall between 25 chapters, showing the start in one and the conclusion in the later, per definition are two different scenes.

It's not exactly appeal to authority when it's the calc group's job to decide this sort of thing.

ANyways, I'm sorta confused. Was it like one scene that was just split by 25 chapters for some reason? If say, Ichigo falls 10 feet, it cuts away, then cuts back to him still falling in the same instance, I wouldn't think that that constitutes stacking. Unless there's some super egregious result, his fall is still the same scene.

Wokistan said:
It's not exactly appeal to authority when it's the calc group's job to decide this sort of thing.
ANyways, I'm sorta confused. Was it like one scene that was just split by 25 chapters for some reason? If say, Ichigo falls 10 feet, it cuts away, then cuts back to him still falling in the same instance, I wouldn't think that that constitutes stacking. Unless there's some super egregious result, his fall is still the same scene.
He started falling, but I guess Matt wanted to see Ichigo fall for 9 hours straight during the war for some reason. He was diving for over 9 hours making sonic booms lol.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Have you ever heard of the concept of scene cuts? Splitting Ichigo's fall between 25 chapters, showing the start in one and the conclusion in the later, per definition are two different scenes.
literally two different scens of the same feat..it's only 9 hours:15 minutes that has passed in bleach

the amount of chapters doesn't matter at all

Weren't we told to bring it up with other calc members by you or Tata? Calling Danny's words appeal to authority is some absurd double standard.

Also Matt please don't spread misinformation, I see you deleted the comment in calc member thread when someone corrected you.

"The problem lies in using the calculated acceleration of Ichigo in Chapter 555 and then using it a constant whilst also applying an assumed timeframe to his arrival in Chapter 581. It is straight up calc stacking and also has faulty assumptions."

There isn't an assumed timeframe, the series legit told us the time using the clock tower.

Back