• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Bleach Speed Update

Wokistan said:
It's not exactly appeal to authority when it's the calc group's job to decide this sort of thing.

ANyways, I'm sorta confused. Was it like one scene that was just split by 25 chapters for some reason? If say, Ichigo falls 10 feet, it cuts away, then cuts back to him still falling in the same instance, I wouldn't think that that constitutes stacking. Unless there's some super egregious result, his fall is still the same scene.
We get Ichigo leaving by travelling downwards to SS, then after several chapters we get the end of his journey where he crashes into SS. During the cut we got lots of fights between Shinigami and Sternritters taking up several chapters.

Stop trying to misrepresent my argument, Sigurd.

Ichigo starting to fall and Ichigo landing are two different scenes. You calc use it to reach outlier results and try to push it

Terminal velocity is a thing. I don't really see how it'd end up inflating stuff, if anything it'd be slightly lower than thought since Ichigo may not necessarily be at terminal velocity during the early scene.

Is there a quick link to the scene in question somewhere in the thread?

Wokistan said:
Terminal velocity is a thing. I don't really see how it'd end up inflating stuff, if anything it'd be slightly lower than thought since Ichigo may not necessarily be at terminal velocity during the early scene.
Is there a quick link to the scene in question somewhere in the thread?
Give me a sec.

You cannot use the calculated acceleration from the first scene, then assume it is constant for all 9 hours and then inflate the distance.

Matthew Schroeder said:
You cannot use the calculated acceleration from the first scene, then assume it is constant for all 9 hours and then inflate the distance.
that is the reason that iam sure that you didn't even read the calc

Well after a while he'd stop accelerating, assuming there's an atmosphere. Is there a way to calc terminal velocity?

I'm more inclined to take the opinion of calcs members rather than a non calc member. So far three calc members agree that this isn't calc stacking to which I agree with.

Ichigo crashed into the building when he landed. How would he do that if he wasn't going full speed the whole way. He can fight for 3 months straight so him going full speed for 9 hours is nothing.

Not to mention he had to hurry as there is a ******* war going on.

Wokistan said:
Well after a while he'd stop accelerating, assuming there's an atmosphere. Is there a way to calc terminal velocity?
The calc is already lowballed incredibly hard, Ichigo was making legit sonic booms while he was diving down full speed and the moment he landed down he did this.

0581-021
Ichigolanded

Matthew Schroeder said:
Matt... Are you ok dude ? Cause considering what's been going recently, I think you need to step back a bit

Ichigo was literally flying so you cannot use speeds from certain feats to this one. Ichigo fighting for 3 months doesn't really matter.

Sekkonds. said:
ichigo stats that he is going to hurry to make it in a half day ,he makes it in 9 hours and 15 minutes
And? That's not my argument. I guess you think Ichigo went flying at MHS speeds to get there? You cannot use such arguments to insist that results from one speed calc can be applied to the character's speed I'm another scene.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Sekkonds. said:
ichigo stats that he is going to hurry to make it in a half day ,he makes it in 9 hours and 15 minutes
And? That's not my argument. I guess you think Ichigo went flying at MHS speeds to get there? You cannot use such arguments to insist that results from one speed calc can be applied to the character's speed I'm another scene.
I don't think that's what he meant Matt

dude..another scene in literally the same damn feat

Accepting this as not being Calc Stacking is literally giving Bleach special treatment. Every single other verse on the wiki doesn't do this for long distance Travel calcs.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Accepting this as not being Calc Stacking is literally giving Bleach special treatment. Every single other verse on the wiki doesn't do this for long distance Travel calcs.
Are Gilgamesh and Enkidu from the Myth from Bleach now ?

Speed: At least Hypersonic (He and Enkidu walked in three days what would take a month and two weeks for a normal man)

Well it should be looked at on a case by case basis. In this calc I don't think it's necessarily calc stacking, Naruto has a similar calc if I'm not mistaken with Pain dodging Naruto's RasenShuriken. One Piece had a similar calc with Kuzan freezing 47 meters deep but that was dismissed for a different reason. This doesn't strike me as calc stacking, it's similar to an extent but it doesn't quite meet the calc stacking definition. I can see the points both sides are making but ultimately this should be left up to the calc members to decide. Both sides should present their arguments and counter arguments, ending it there and leaving it up to the calc members to decide. Since I don't see either side giving up this is most likely the best method.

> ichigo is planing to go with specific speed to get to ss in a half day which he proved later

so we are using his speed to get the distance,but not from another feat

but literlly from the same damn feat

>
calc stacking

AguilaR101 said:
Am I the only one seeing the issue with a character that fights at supersonic speeds in close quarters being assumed to have single digits of acceleration?
It looks to me like the calc is being lowballed to hell to hide the outlier.
That would be calc-stacking since those are from other calcs, you should take that up with the wiki.

The high end of the calc being pushed is literally FTL and the lowest ball is high-end Relativistic. It is an undeniable outlier.

Back