• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Wyper's Bazooka calculations need to be removed

I think that Arc7Kuroi brings up a valid point here.

The first calc should probably be re-calculated on this basis alone.
This alone is enough to invalidate the original. And in that spirit we should also put to doubt the whole reasoning behind the tree sizes in calc 1 since the method proved unreliable on the other 2 calculations.

Alternatively I propose we gauge the distance using the anime since the scene depicts the manga panels just about perfectly. It will let us know the size of the explosion. It's going to be a much more clear way to measure the explosion than assuming tree sizes based on speculation.

Using the actual fireball for the diameter of an explosion as opposed to the black smoke cloud isn't nitpicking lmao
I mean it kinda is... The sfx of the explosion tells us that the explosion just happened, so it could just be the way they colored it also

I see, my b. So why does character design coloring hold barring over the explosion? Is there a preponderance of evidence to show that Oda usually draws explosion fireballs as black? Or are we just equivocating here?

It's still official and it gets 99% of things right. I don't see how this invalidates the colored manga as a whole. Especially when the original calculation is accepted off that same colored page. What even is your point?

I see, my b. So why does character design coloring hold barring over the explosion? Is there a preponderance of evidence to show that Oda usually draws explosion fireballs as black? Or are we just equivocating here?
Just saying that sfx tells us that the explosion just happened which could mean they aren't actually meant to be smoke clouds which the digital colored made

A possible error from the digital coloring team, I remember seeing something similar happening before as well but don't fully remember the exact moments

Just saying that sfx tells us that the explosion just happened which could mean they aren't actually meant to be smoke clouds which the digital colored made

A possible error from the digital coloring team, I remember seeing something similar happening before as well but don't fully remember the exact moments
You aren't really addressing his question. You are just reoeating "It's possibly a coloring error" without legitamate reasoning.

Sure, it may possibly be an error, but vague possibilities don't form basis of solid arguments right. Meanwhile, it is far more likely that it is not a coloring error, and rather the blackish smoke is a smoke cloud and the bright orange/yellow bits are the fireball, as is the case with any explosion. So, what I'm asking is, why is your interpretation superior to mine?

The appearance of explosions like Gastanet makes me believe that the way KT pixel scaled Wyper's accurate, especially since it just went off.

rMm5EJW.png

Sure, it may possibly be an error, but vague possibilities don't form basis of solid arguments right. Meanwhile, it is far more likely that it is not a coloring error, and rather the blackish smoke is a smoke cloud and the bright orange/yellow bits are the fireball, as is the case with any explosion. So, what I'm asking is, why is your interpretation superior to mine?
Bro... I've argued that's It's comparable interpretation... They only way the interpretation would be superior is by saying that oda didn't draw the digital colored manga but then I don't think there's a way to know if it's a smoke cloud or not unless oda draws them differently

The appearance of explosions like Gastanet makes me believe that the way KT pixel scaled Wyper's accurate, especially since it just went off.

rMm5EJW.png
This looks vastly different from the panel we are using in Skypeia. In this explosion Oda makes sure to show that there was a hint of red/flames everywhere, including on the black portions. In the explosion we are discussing, the black thing is fully black and has no hints of flames, which would imply it's smoke. And the shape is more akin to smoke as well.

Therefore it's far more reasonable to assume it was smoke. For what it's worth the anime shows that it was smoke too.

Corporate needs you to find the difference between this picture and this picture (there's no hints of red everywhere)
5NBgQm1.png
FG0osik.png

No, it does not.

EDIT: Ninja'd
Purposely using black and white while the difference is something I clearly mentioned being seen in the official coloring is hilarious.

Okay, let me rephrase that. The official manga makes sure to draw red/flame spots. Which was clearly in reference to colored. Better?
My point is that they were drawn the same exact way, with the latter showing that the red spots are present throughout the explosion.

Anyway, here is a visual guide:

Arrows point to the flame spots left in the black area to indicate it's probably part of the fireball:

The same is seen being the case here when we cut out the black "cloud" behind, which perfectly corresponds with the blue line we drew:

The black cloud in question is what's outside the blue line, and into the red line. It has zero flame spots to indicate it's part of the fireball and looks more like smoke:

What you posted perfectly corresponds with the blue line in visuals:

But it's vastly different from where the red line begins:

Therefore if anything you just supported that the blue line is the fireball and past it is not.

I think @Arc7Kuroi is well-aware that the blue line can contain some black if there is enough red/flames to make it clear it's still part of it. He perfectly outlined the blue line to count those black spots with red/flames in them. What he's arguing isn't part of the fireball is the perfectly black/grey cloud which we clearly see is different.

Another one that's even more clear: Even at it's utmost edges, there are flames spots to indicate it may be part of the fireball:

Pure smoke:

Blue-line only/fireball also having flames in the dark areas to indicate what's part of the fireball:

The difference in depiction is very clear.

Let's assume that the spike is part of the fireball ( won't even make sense to count it but whatever ). Here is me covering it up with my own blue line.
What changed? Did the actual point Arc was making change whatsoever? Seems like semantics to me.

Last edited:
Back