• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon Trainer revisions (RPG Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Giovanni isn't the same one Red defeated. He came from a universe where he won and captured Mewtwo and even Mega Evolved it
I understand that, but even so, there is little reason to assume that said Giovanni differs too much from the original outside of said Mewtwo. I'm mainly just saying that just cause Elio beat Giovanni doesn't make him unfathomable to Red and Blue or something

I understand that, but even so, there is little reason to assume that said Giovanni differs too much from the original outside of said Mewtwo. I'm mainly just saying that just cause Elio beat Giovanni doesn't make him unfathomable to Red and Blue or something
I guess so. Red and Blue should at least be above the regular trainers in that come to the battle tree as even there they are stated to be strong. And we got some people that faced Elio post-Necrozma there

The Battle Tree also doesn't have level equalization for Elio (at least for normal courses), and yet he can still lose to both Red and Blue, as indicated by their victory dialogue.

... You realize Red and Blue have both beaten Giovanni before, yes? He's the 8th Gym Leader after all- And Red Scales to Mew-Two following the Kanto Story, so citing Giovanni being beaten by Elio isn't exactly much of a effective point.
Giovanni here is a lot stronger, he is confident he can take on Elio after knowing he beat Cyrus
Then if the dialogue doesn't indicate anything, why are you asserting your view as true? In that case we should probably go by the standards on how RPG fight are treated here
What do you mean by true? I said it was unknown

So have you reached any conclusions here yet?

I don't like how he's just assuming PLA is canon. Them forgetting Creation Trio members are weakened when they're put in Poke Balls would just be another contradiction, along with the origin of Jubilife City itself. Also, by that logic, everyone Volkner and above should be 2-A because Dawn canonically either defeats or injures Giratina enough to catch him before the 8th Gym.

I don't like how he's just assuming PLA is canon. Them forgetting Creation Trio members are weakened when they're put in Poke Balls would just be another contradiction, along with the origin of Jubilife City itself. Also, by that logic, everyone Volkner and above should be 2-A because Dawn canonically either defeats or injures Giratina enough to catch him before the 8th Gym.
"By that logic" is a bad argument. People need to stop using it, because all it amounts to is an argument from incredulity. Also PLA is like, 100% canon. It's meant to be how Sinnoh came to be, so just discarding that is very disingenuous. Not to mention PLA is even called back to in Scarlet and Violet via Stantler's Pokedex entry mentioning its past evolution Wyrdeer.

Yes, everyone Volkner and above will be 2-B to 2-A

Last edited:
Not gonna make this long.

e64.gif

People say that because it proves the person wrong. It can't be how Sinnoh came to be because of the mountains of lore contradictions like how Jubilife City was made, when Poke Balls were invented, how and when Regigigas was fought, the layout of Snowpoint Temple, Ingo still being in the present, Alpha Pokemon and Hisuian Pokemon never actually being a thing, and grit items, literal rock, not being around in any other game. It doesn't mention Hisui or Wyrdeer and PLA says nothing about them having many enemies.

Bro this thread's been dead for over 4 months 💀

Thank you to everybody who helped out here then. 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back