• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Stat Placements.

The Tapus are the strongest Pokemon in all 4 islands in Alola, so they should be at least Multi-City Block level scaling from Diglett/Dugtrio, Town level (they are superior to all Pokemon in these 4 islands, Machamp has been seen on these islands), possibly Star Level (they all 4 fought against Solgaleo at once).

Why is Solgaleo Star Level? Well he is stated to be the Pokemon that devours the Sun! That should put him at Star Level.

Any questions?

I wouldn't question rating him as star level as long as there is sufficent lore to back it up, is that from a pokedex entry?

AguilaR101 said:
I wouldn't question rating him as star level as long as there is sufficent lore to back it up, is that from a pokedex entry?
Sufficient lore, I'm sitting here playing Pokemon Sun and I got to the part where they mentioned Solgaleo for the first time.

It was in a book and it stated that Solgaleo is "The beast that devours the sun", also mentions that all 4 Tapus fight him at once (they lose, but considering that they even fought Solgaleo to begin with that should put them at Small Star level to Star Level).

I agree. But they should be low 4-C individually. Lunala, the other Ultra Beasts, and Silvally also get the upgrade. As a matter of fact, this should be highlighted.

Also, we should separate Pherumosa and the other one as seperate Pokemon.

From what I gathered

All the UBs, Type: Null, The Tapus and the Two titular legendaries should all more or less scale to each other.

So I propose City level (From Guzzlord), possibly 4-C/Low 4-C for all these peeps.

I have my little babies UBs at Star level, so I'm happy.

For speed, I guess everyone in that scaling would be MHS?

Side note, but I also suggest putting Type:Null at "potentialyl far higher", as he was built to rival Arceus in power. But since the scaling is uncertain, I don't think putting it at Tier 2 is reasonable.

I don't own the game, so take this with a grain of salt.

Has Solgaleo actually devoured the sun in-story? I thought it was simply a religious metaphor, given that Solgaleo is the emissary rather than the embodiment of the sun. I'd like to see some proof before we start throwing Tier 4 Pokemon around.

I understand that Cosmog and Cosmoem are little bundles of cosmic energy, but I don't want to take extremely vague statements at face value without evidence.

That's more or less the only major feats they have, not counting Guzzlord's possible Moon level calc.

Thinking about it. I think that Sylvally (Not Type: Null) could get a possibly Low 2-C/2-B. It would avoid scaling all the UBs to this feat.

@Saikou

I still believe that the "devouring of the sun" statement is based on the fact that Solgaleo can absorb solar energy as part of his Radiant Sun phase, rather than actually eating the sun (lest there be no life left on Pokemon's world).

It could be noted that the Ultra Beasts apparently overran the alternate universe(s) mentioned in the Delta Episode, meaning that they overpowered the local legendaries like Lugia and Ho-Oh. However, since I got this off TVTropes, take this with a grain of salt.

@Breloom

But we shouldn't be scaling off a blatantly metaphorical statement that has no ground in the actual story.

@Gimmy

Guzzlord is apparently able to devour entire oceans and convert them into energy. However, it's uncertain whether it means energy as in ATP or cellular energy, or pure energy (which leads to the Moon level calc by using Einstein's E=mc^2).

Pretty sure that cellular energy would leave waste. The thing with Guzzlord is that it doesn't leave anything at all.

As for the UB thing, I haven't seen that info yet. But if it's legit, it could be used.

@Gimmy

Guzzlord is apparently able to devour entire oceans and convert them into energy. However, it's uncertain whether it means energy as in ATP or cellular energy, or pure energy (which leads to the Moon level calc by using Einstein's E=mc^2).

I vaguely recall someone mentioning the whole "devouring an ocean" thing wasn't actually stated, and that a mountain was the only real thing stated. But hey, if it is Moon Level, that'd be funny.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
That's more or less the only major feats they have, not counting Guzzlord's possible Moon level calc.
Thinking about it. I think that Sylvally (Not Type: Null) could get a possibly Low 2-C/2-B. It would avoid scaling all the UBs to this feat.
Actually, Type:Null was made to counter the Ultra Beasts (stated by Gladion when confronting Aether President Luzzamine and UB-01), not made to counter Arceus.

Reppuzan said:
@Saikou
I still believe that the "devouring of the sun" statement is based on the fact that Solgaleo can absorb solar energy as part of his Radiant Sun phase, rather than actually eating the sun (lest there be no life left on Pokemon's world).

It could be noted that the Ultra Beasts apparently overran the alternate universe(s) mentioned in the Delta Episode, meaning that they overpowered the local legendaries like Lugia and Ho-Oh. However, since I got this off TVTropes, take this with a grain of salt.
In a PokeDex entry, Volcarona served as a temporary replacement to the sun. Now can we just think, WHY would Volcorona have to serve as a replacement for the sun? Because Solgaleo may or may not have devoured it.

(Take that with a grain of salt, as this is just Jacob speculating)

@Jacob

It's explicitly stated in Volcarona's Pokedex entry that Volcarona replaced the sun when the sky was covered in volcanic ash. Not when Solgaleo supposedly devoured it.

Well actually, it was made with the power of "Mythological Pokémon" (Obviously Arceus) to fight the UBs. @Jacob

Well we know from the game that Solgaleo literally forced the time of day to change the instant it appeared. At night we clearly see the sun shining bright. So possibly they can force the time of day to change. I feel like this feat should be investigated at night or day depending on the version.

Also regarding the TV Tropes feat. It is never stated in game that that is what happened. All we know is that Anabel came from the original Pokemon Emerald.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Well actually, it was made with the power of "Mythological Pokémon" (Obviously Arceus) to fight the UBs. @Jacob
Err, not necesarily. Any trio leaeder could easily fall into that description.

If we ignore the similar design of Type: Null to the red chains, the fact that Sivally can change type exactly like Arceus, and his ability being named "RKS" and "AR System", sure @Aguila

But wouldn't it be a power feat not a haxed feat due to the fact he did it with sun steel strike (a non haxed move)

I know it's been discussed but I don't think anyone actually gave a link to prove what's been stated is true and not made up.

No matter how it was done, it can't be tiered. But we can guess that they can both open holes between universes with regular attacks.

Just finished the game and post-game UB missions. Here's some things I noticed. Keep in mind, these are pretty much all just scaling things. Some spoilers may be ahead.

• Solgaleo and Lunala are Ultra Beasts. Or at least, what are defined as Ultra Beasts, since that is just a classification given to them by the Aether Foundation and International Police. The point is, they originate from Ultra Space.
  • According to Looker, Ultra Beasts are so dangerous because Ultra Space is not bound by the same things as the regular universe. They are not confined to the Pokemon world's logic, similar to Giratina in its Distortion World.
  • According to lore, Solgaleo/Lunala stalemated all four Tapus, simultaneously.
  • Each version's UB-02 has an offscreen fight with Tapu Koko. While both of them survive, it is implied UB-02 very obviously had the upper hand, and Tapu Koko was at a disadvantage. See the next point for further details.
  • Hapu mentions fighting a mysterious Ultra Beast alongside Tapu Fini after the Aether incident. She mentions how absurdly strong the beast was and that it was easily winning the whole fight. Due to this happening on Poni Island, said UB was likely UB-05 Glutton (later known as Guzzlord), as it is the only UB found there during the post game quests.
  • There is more than one of at least the majority of UBs seen in the game. Many UB-01 are seen in Ultra Space, two of each UB-02 and UB-03 are encountered, and four of UB-04 appear in Alola. It is important to note that this means each type of UB is just one of many of its species back on its own plane, but exceeding the logic of the regular world allows them to easily be a match for legendary Pokemon.
  • Type: Null (formerly Type: Full before the experiment's failure) was specifically designed to kill any Ultra Beasts that may wind up in the world.
  • Normal Pokemon fighting Ultra Beasts is a joke. The Tapus are so far above regular Pokemon that they're treated as deities, and random UBs were able to, at the absolute least, fight them on even footing. Because of this, Type: Null was created using information that had been gathered about Arceus, as the power to basically adapt to kill UBs in any way needed was seen as the only effective way to actually combat them and not just essentially send a bunch of regular Pokemon to the slaughter while hoping to inflict some sort of damage.
  • Ultra Space does not appear to be able to be fully comprehended by humans. When the PC, Lille, Guzma, and Lusamine are in Ultra Space, the world itself will seem to shift unnaturally, things will phase in and out of existence, and objects will pass through each other.
  • As another example of just how far UBs are above regular Pokemon, it is revealed that Totem Pokemon, which are seen as extremely powerful and terrifying by other Pokemon and people, are merely Pokemon who have absorbed a small amount of the unnatural energy spewed out when an Ultra Wormhole opens up.

When I said that most of the important Pokémon scaled to each others, Azzy said it all.

I think that the most solid feat they could scale from is Guzzlord's Mountain eating. Which I'm calcing right now. And the highest speed is MHS it seems.

Also the fact that Guzzlord managed to win against the Tapus despite being double weak against their secondary type is scary.

Back