• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon SM Episode 101

That'd be helpful, yeah. I just remember that one of the functions was that you could run into other players and their pokemon in the dream world and become "dream pals"(?) or something like that.

Though I'm super bad with the specifics since this was a browser game I tried out a small handful of times about half a decade ago.

Okay, i'll try and find some playthroughs.

I'll likely wait til tomorrow to get back to you on it though since its already near 3 AM on my end and im dead tired.

Okay, back you guys. So I have quite the amount of stuff to cover in my opinion regarding the "Pokemon Dream World" game. First, like I promised, im going to post a tutorial and walkthrough of the game like I said I would try and find from Youtube.

-Here's a walkthrough under 40 mins

-Here's a tutorial of the game

The walkthrough isn't as great as the tutorial in regards to specific details about the game itself (but it's probably because I never played it myself), so im going to base my conscenus off of what the tutorial gives. I do want more input from you guys on what this world actually is but for now, this is my thoughts about it.

While its called the "Pokemon Dream World", I don't think his reality is the actual Dream World in pokemon we were talking about prior. "Actual" as in being centered on the Pokemon's actual dreams. Personally, this to me seems like the game is just taking place in some random reality that doesn't really mean much of anything. And there's evidence that helps prove this:

First, Fennel's involvement in the game in general. Go to the tutorial, as Fennel is the one who explains what the game is, and she specifies details that pretty much imply already the "Pokemon Dream World" isn't an actual dream world:

*Game sync is needed to access this place (i'll get into this more in a sec)

*Not all pokemon can be sent to the "dream world" via game sync

*Pokemon can only temporarily exist in this world for an hour every 20 hrs

*This world gives all visiting pokemon a pre-existing island, or "homes" as Fennel calls them

*Fennel giving you pre-existing items like houses for players said islands

And most importantly...

*This world lacking dreams completely

Now to start from the top, the game sync. Game sync is pretty much just a tool that links the player's save file with the internet , and the Game sync is explicity required for a pokemon to enter "Pokemon Dream World" in the first place. This should already raise flags since Pokemon clearly, and most definitely, do not need something like this in order to dream when sleeping. This just seems to imply the game isnt even an actual dimension but just some virtual reality experience for the pokemon. The Bulbpedia page Azathoth linked for the game even says this in the description. Pokemon from your player are simply just sent into the internet to collect items and meet other pokemon. It's never treated as being some alternate reality, much less one based on dreams.

More supporting evidence,if you look at this playthrough of B/W (18:43) when the Player gets the C-Gear in the story , Fennel herself in her own words even explains Game Sync is a systen of collecting the save files of trainers from "all over the world". Save files in this case being the memories of sleeping pokemon via dream mist.

The only small tid bit of this game that even relates to actual dreams is when the player is able to have items or pokemon from the game, called Dream Remnants, become reality in the Unova Region's Entralink. And not only is "making dreams become reality" really hyperbole in this case, it also goes against the idea of "Pokemon Dream World" even being real. "Making dreams become reality" for one is synonymous with saying the items and pokemon from "Pokemon Dream World" are becoming reality. Actual dreams are never ever present in this game (i'll get to this more later). But more importantly, Fennel explicity says in the tutorial that "the dream will become reality" after you wake up the pokemon you sent to the game. If it has to become reality in the Entralink first, that means the experiences in Pokemon Dream World were never real in the first place. That the experiences in this game are more like virtual simulations that Fennel observes the pokemon's memories from. Or at least thats what it strongly appears to be.

Next, Fennel's involvement with this game makes this world being an actual dream world contradictory. Because, even when a player's pokemon visits this world for the first time, they are already given an island home for their pokemon to live in while inside "Pokemon Dream World". This doesn't make much sense if the Pokemon was leigitmately dreaming. Because going by this route, this would not only mean that all pokemon when they dream are taken to this place, and they are all having the same exact dream whenever they....dream, but this would also mean that all pokemon dreams are pre-existing since this game has specific areas inside of it for Pokemon to play around in, even before they enter the game. Such as the Island of Dreams, their own home islands, Tree of Dreams, and the areas on the Island of Dreams. And all 3 conclusions are obviously nonsense since we're shown the exact opposite when Pokemon actually dream or create dreams. Such as Beheeyem's dream reality, Darkrai's nightmares, and so on. None of them ever take place in the setting that this game is in, nor do they all have the same dreams and the dreams are not at all pre-existing.

I could continue, but I don't want to make this any longer than it should be and I think some should see the points ive pointed out. Though I'll name more if needed.

We aren't. Thats the point of my last reply.

Im saying the "Pokemon Dream World" game =/= the actual Dream World that the "all dreams are another reality" scan and Beheeyem's dream reality are talking about.

Xerkser500 said:
We aren't. Thats the point of my last reply.
Im saying the "Pokemon Dream World" game =/= the actual Dream World that the "all dreams are another reality" scan and Beheeyem's dream reality are talking about.
Okay, I am sorry the misunderstand. I am talking about the fact I think it should be argument since it was shut down IRL

No its okay your good.

I wanted more input anywho, especially from Azathoth if he ever gets back to this. I was only clarifying my point that when we talk about the dream world, we shouldnt treat it as "Pokemon Dream World" the game as a lot of evidence goes against it being an actual dream world.

Back