• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arceus Qualitative Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
could someone list the anti feats avatar arceus has? i legit only remember him fighting the creation trio in like, the jewel of life movie, and i don't think i need to explain why the old depiction of arceus full of plot stuff for nerfing would count
I think Jewel of Life is the only real one that has genuine anti-feats for Arceus. (I haven't read the HGSS Adventure mangas, so that might have some anti-feats as well)

1-A true form looks solid. Tier 0 does not fit right with me, and Low 1-A avatar looks kind of iffy and think simply upscaling from Palkia/Dialga/Giratina trio sounds better.

Im almost fine with 1-A but I have one single doubt regarding one scan

THIS, which basically implies the All-Encompassing Diety, the creator of the Universe, is divided into fragments, while the FAQ says this
The first practical effect of this fact is that the power of a 1-A character cannot be dispersed so much that it reaches into a lower tier. Since there is no conceivable extension of any lower tier that can yield equality to a 1-A structure, neither can there be any subdivision (Even an infinite subdivision) of 1-A that reduces down into such tiers. Unless, of course, this division is somehow non-quantitative in nature (i.e. The results of the division are not actually numerical "chunks" of the character's power); however, this should be made reasonably clear by statements or through background context.

Edit : Basically, I wanted to know how in Arceus's case it would be non-quantitative, if it is that.

it is referring to the plates which only seem to scale to the avatar, and that description says that fragments can't be of lower tiers, not that it can't be divided into fragments to begin with

Yep, those fragments are the Plates. Only relevant to the avatar and so have no importance when talking about 1-A.

Plus a 1-A can divide their power themselves, it's only an issue if theirs an anti-feat of something of a lower reality forcing to division.

Yep, those fragments are the Plates. Only relevant to the avatar and so have no importance when talking about 1-A.

Plus a 1-A can divide their power themselves, it's only an issue if theirs an anti-feat of something of a lower reality forcing to division.
I.E: Slay the Princess, which is the only reason it's God Tiers aren't going to be updated to 1-A or Higher

Neutral on all points because I'm having a hard time wrapping me head around the new Tier 1 standards, but can someone attempt to simplify the arguments for the Avatar itself? Between both threads I'm finding myself unable to understand what's actually being argued.

I read through this and may be too late to add a vote or anything but I agree on 1-A OS, looks very solid.

I’m neutral on 1-A avatars, leaning towards agreeing? Jewel of Life is the only real source of anti feats for Arceus’s Avatar and it’s explained why that’s the case, so I don’t think it should count as a knock against the Avatar being Low 1-A.

I read through this and may be too late to add a vote or anything but I agree on 1-A OS, looks very solid.

I’m neutral on 1-A avatars, leaning towards agreeing? Jewel of Life is the only real source of anti feats for Arceus’s Avatar and it’s explained why that’s the case, so I don’t think it should count as a knock against the Avatar being Low 1-A.
E12 made another thread about it
Best to clarify it there.
I am neutral towards Low 1-A avatar since, whilst he technically fits the beyond dimensions descriptions, old math scaling rules haven't really disappeared yet, nor did their level of scrutiny. They just moved below tier 1-A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back