• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Downgrades

Dragon, is shall explain:

Beginning Pokémon Trainer: The 8-A+ ones are scaled from Pidgey, Horsea, Diglett and Anime Ep. 2 Beginning Pikachu 8-A+ feats.

Pre-First Gym Pokémon Trainer: The at least 8-A+ ones so for having multiple 8-A+ Pokémon's.

First Gym Leader: Low 7-B from Falkner Pidgeotto, Totem Raticate and Seismic Toss calc.

Second Gym Leader: 7-B from Totem Wishiwashi, Saturn Octillery and a trainer that used a weaker Gyarados in Platinum.

Third Gym Leader: At least 7-B from being superior to Second Gym Leader.

Fourth Gym Leader [7-A], Fifth Gym Leader [At least 7-A] and Sixth Gym Leader [High 7-A] mainly uses backward/upward scaling, since i found no feat of Pokémon on this level, maybe the Manga and Anime Dragonair, but their level was never said.

Seventh Gym Leader: High 6-C from Manga Pryce [At most 6-C+] Delibird feat [A member of his team composed of more Pokémon], but i'm unsure if he really froze all the lake since the calc was deleted.

Eight Gym Leader and First Three Elite 4: High 6-C+ from the Mistery Dungeon Charizard, but the feat was currently debunked.

Then there are the final ones:

Fourth Elite 4 [Likely at least High 6-C+], Champion [At least High 6-C+], Above Champion [At least High 6-C+, likely higher] and finally the Legends at Low 6-B.

So, i think the scaling from the Fourth Gym and onwards should be discussed and remade.

Note: The 6-C feat is from a Trainer fought in the Victory Road [Only trainers with Eigth Badges can enter] in the Game and was hyped by his family in both the Game and Anime to be very close to take on the Elite 4.

Maybe this?

4th and 5th Gym: At least 7-B+

6th to 7th Gym: 7-A

8th Gym: At least 7-A

Elite 4: High 7-A

Champion: At least High 7-A

Above Champion: Depending on Value.

At least High 7-A, possibly Higher or At least High 7-A, possibly 6-C

I would say this, but others are free to contest.

4th: 7-B+.

5th: At least 7-B+.

6th: 7-A.

7th: At least 7-A.

8th: High 7-A.

Elite 4: 6-C. [Alakazam feat]

Champion: At least 6-C. [Also included the Brains as well since the gap in time from fighting a Champion and then take on a Brain in Emerald is not that high]

Above Champion: At least 6-C, likely higher. [Only applies to Blue, N, Colress and Iris due to Blue having still trained for years as a Former Champion]

Legend: At least 6-C, likely High 6-C or just High 6-C [Red is massively above everyone in the Second Gen]

@Ever Its a Z-Move that when used visually clears an entire sky full of horizon to horizon clouds near instantly

These aren't clouds, that's just the night sky. Which means this'd be a High 6-A feat since Rowlet rotated the planet quite a few degrees.

Do Z-Moves even scale to anyone?

We can always try to use the anime to scale the Z-Moves...

@Yobo. Nope. At least I don't think so. Best case scenario, the Pokémon in question would get an "At most".

@Kep. Country level as a lowball.

I remember a feat from the Adventures manga where 12 fully evolved starters blow the shit out of Archie's island sized fake Kyogre

@Kep Thats not at all what happens, its dispersion outward from the center, not from left to right. You can use it in the daytime and the same exact thing happens.

I feel like this is an issue of "Attack animation is exactly the same regardles of where or when you use it".

I'm pretty sure Pokemon has had similar issues relating to weather moves being done in caves.

Is there any way we can calculate the true yield of the Galactic Bomb and scale it to anyone? A(n allegedly) country wide earthquake is bound to give good results.

Question.

Does this mean Lucario is going to High 7A?

Apologies for the derailing question

Yes. All Fully Evolved Pokemon who scale to High 6-C are being downgraded to High 7-A I believe.

The real cal howard said:
Is there any way we can calculate the true yield of the Galactic Bomb and scale it to anyone? A(n allegedly) country wide earthquake is bound to give good results.
Most definitely after factoring the jma scale.

It'd be possible, but it is a pain in the ass to calc large range earthquakes with an accurate result.

I'll do it later.

Don't see how that's borderline island level but thanks for the answer guys.

I'm out, peace.

6-C Final Form mons are good. We have scaling for Elite 4 and Gym Leaders. The changes need to be accepted and applied.

Accepting 6-C final mons, its cool.

Offtopic: 70% of the CRT is green, 25% brown and 5% blue. It almost feels like a staff thread lol. Missing purple... gold and yellow.

Call Azzy

Back