• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

Giratina initially appears as a monstrous shadow that is a fair bit more frightening than what you might be used to seeing in a Pokémon game. It then whisks Cyrus away to the mysterious Distortion World. After giving chase, you finally confront the giant Renegade Pokémon in its true form.

Is refering to how we first see it as a mass of shadow, and we only see it's true appearance later on, context matters

Giratina initially appears as a monstrous shadow that is a fair bit more frightening than what you might be used to seeing in a Pokémon game. It then whisks Cyrus away to the mysterious Distortion World. After giving chase, you finally confront the giant Renegade Pokémon in its true form.

Is refering to how we first see it as a mass of shadow, and we only see it's true appearance later on, context matters
Yes, its saying the Giratina the player confronts and fights is the true form. No idea why you quoted this

Because you are completely ignoring the context of the phrase to assume it is their abstract form when they are simple refering to the fact that giratina only showed as a shadow before we chased it to the distortion world

Yes, and then the character fought the true form in the distortion world. I didn't ignore anything
except you did. The true form isn't the same as the true form which we are talking about. The true form we talk about on the wiki is the unofficial naming since its basically just to signify their existence. Palkia is all of space across the multiverse, Dialga is the time across the multiverse and Giratina is the antimatter spread across the distortion world which reflects the multiverse. The origin form is the avatar form closer to Arceus, the text isn't calling the origin form the true form in the context that you are implying.
The 'true form' in this context works differently, let me explain.
Imagine you have a ninja and that ninja turned into a shadow. Then the ninja reveals himself, meaning that he revealed his true form. This is the same here, Giratina was only showing its shade form in that context, rather than his real body, thus, when he revealed himself, he revealed his true from.

except you did. The true form isn't the same as the true form which we are talking about. The true form we talk about on the wiki is the unofficial naming since its basically just to signify their existence. Palkia is all of space across the multiverse, Dialga is the time across the multiverse and Giratina is the antimatter spread across the distortion world which reflects the multiverse. The origin form is the avatar form closer to Arceus, the text isn't calling the origin form the true form in the context that you are implying.
The 'true form' in this context works differently, let me explain.
Imagine you have a ninja and that ninja turned into a shadow. Then the ninja reveals himself, meaning that he revealed his true form. This is the same here, Giratina was only showing its shade form in that context, rather than his real body, thus, when he revealed himself, he revealed his true from.
Just saying that these avatars of the creation trio should still be abstract and embody time and space

Just saying that these avatars of the creation trio should still be abstract and embody time and space
not exactly. they are representations of what their true forms are. The avatars have the same powers but don't have the same physiology as their true forms.
If i had to explain, which i will, it's like your account here. In this website you are data with an image attached to it. You control what that data says and does but if someone bans your account you yourself will be fine and you can make another one though it is highly unadvised since that'll get you banned even worse.
It's the same for them. What we see it a 3d representation of them that has a height, a weight ect. while their true forms are 2-A and abstract and they emobdy concepts themselves. Overall, its like if I caught your account, you'd still be a living breathing person who can create more, but i caught one of your accounts which is only data.

not exactly. they are representations of what their true forms are. The avatars have the same powers but don't have the same physiology as their true forms.
If i had to explain, which i will, it's like your account here. In this website you are data with an image attached to it. You control what that data says and does but if someone bans your account you yourself will be fine and you can make another one though it is highly unadvised since that'll get you banned even worse.
It's the same for them. What we see it a 3d representation of them that has a height, a weight ect. while their true forms are 2-A and abstract and they emobdy concepts themselves. Overall, its like if I caught your account, you'd still be a living breathing person who can create more, but i caught one of your accounts which is only data.
They are stated to embody space and time even in their avatar form though

Yknow
If Pokémon didn’t have abilities during gen 1 and their remakes
(Including Let’s Go, oddly enough)
And they didn’t have them during Legends Arceus

Wouldn’t that imply that before a set time, they simply didn’t have abilities? Like the shit didn’t exist?

Yknow
If Pokémon didn’t have abilities during gen 1 and their remakes
(Including Let’s Go, oddly enough)
And they didn’t have them during Legends Arceus

Wouldn’t that imply that before a set time, they simply didn’t have abilities? Like the shit didn’t exist?
I doubt the concept of abilities started existing in the last 20 years (a$ Red is 30 by the time of USUM) without anyone taking notice of it.

The fact Torterra is actually the worst starter in the competitive scene is crazy
Worse than Meganium? Worse than Sceptile or Emboar?

On a different note, I recall a feat in the anime where a Sunkern survived a landing that made a big crater, while frozen solid. It had spirally eyes -implying it fainted.-, though, even while frozen in ice, & a prepared bath in a shallow dish of warm water healed it from freezing/unconsciousness later.

The episode implied this happened because of (an) Articuno, but, IIRC, Articuno didn't show up personally.

Outlier? Irrelevant because scale Sunkern to 8-A? Not calculation worthy because calc the explosion or whatever that made the crater, not the crater itself?

Last edited:
Worse than Meganium? Worse than Sceptile or Emboar?

On a different note, I recall a feat in the anime where a Sunkern survived a landing that made a big crater, while frozen solid. It had spirally eyes, though, even while frozen in icy, & a prepared bath in a shallow dish of warm water healed it from freezing/unconsciousness later.

The episode implied this happened because of (an) Articuno, but, IIRC, Articuno didn't show up personally.

Outlier? Irrelevant because scale Sunkern to 8-A? Not calculation worthy because calc the explosion or whatever that made the crater, not the crater itself?
I'll look into it

Meganium actually has more use in competitive, plus, she's doesn't have a 4x weakness, lmao. She also learns Heal Pulse, so she's not completely useless.

Tort really needed shell smash, true.
Inb4 Charizard gets surf, Blastoise gets solar beam and Venasaur get flamethrower before any Gen 4 starter gets a major buff (gotta maintain the Gen 1 circlejerk status quo).

Back