• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon AP Revisions

I guess Brawly's statement about toughening his and his Pokémon's bodies is actually just him making a ritual to praise the Helix Fossil.

WeeklyBattles said:
There are obvious exceptions to this but the majority of trained pokemon are shown to be on the level of wild pokemon of the same species
Yet we use to scale them trained pokémon that are so above them, they fight literal legends.

@Lephyr Again, in every single medium, manga, games, anime, hell even stuff like the card game normal pokemon are able to fight legendaries

@Weekly

Are they actually consistent like with the manga trained ones?

From the movies off the top of my head:

- Celebi: Fought trained houndoom and sneasel (more like, tried to escape). Later was ambushed by, not only trained mons, amplified ones at that.

- Heroes: Trained espeon and a latias that doesn't even want to fight.

- Jirachi: A groudon that has dubious durability, but also trained (at least the salamence)

From the anime:

- Raikou special: trained ones, again.

- Any episode with either the bird trio or entei and suicune, they are almost treated like gods. And even trained ones get usually stomped.

-

So is usually a trained mon who fights the legends, or a very powerful one for plot reasons (mystery dungeon)

@Weekly

Mystery Dungeon the wild pokémon actually trained themselves to get to that level. Not applicable.

Rangers is indeed one example... Against many that contradicts it.

I'm not talking about the main characters, im talking about literally any random pokemon you can recruit in every Dungeon you go to who can then go on to fight a legebdary

Which demonstrates the meaning of "super outlier" quite well, even if it isn't massive game mechanics.

If you want to go by that route then the legendaries are most likely the ones who have to get brought down to the wild Pokémons' level.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
But the protagonists mons from the manga? They should not be used, as they are waaaaay above any wild mon. At the end of the red chapter, Red's team was already considered undefeatable for any normal trainer, let alone a wild pokémon.

@Kep My point is that any normal pokemon trained or not should have fighting a legendary be treated as an outlier

Kepekley23 said:
Which demonstrates the meaning of "super outlier" quite well, even if it isn't massive game mechanics.

If you want to go by that route then the legendaries are most likely the ones who have to get brought down to the wild Pokémons' level.
That is indeed my point.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Kep My point is that any normal pokemon trained or not should have fighting a legendary be treated as an outlier
They have consistent showing as such, unlike your examples.

I forget. How did we decide to handle middle stages and Pupitar's feat? Also what is the Low 7-B feat they scale to again?

Back