• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Poison's Gender Tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Making a CRT because this ****** gets changed everytime I see it, and people have been greatly offended by it in the past, not to mention it's kinda ehhhh even without that

Proposal is to list Poison as just female.
  • Poison is oftentimes cis female in alot of material and Capcom's wildly inconsistent in listing it.
  • Let's just presume as well, Poison is trans, great, the wiki lists characters' gender, not sex. Trans Female isn't a gender, Female is. We should still list it female, otherwise it can be interpreted as us making a distinction between cis women and trans women, when we also just... avoid this all.
So yeah, let's not make the file about something it's not, ignore the political commentary suggested by a single damn field and avoid future headaches

Last edited:
There could be a blog, collecting all the instances of Poison’s gender being mentioned in official material and link it to Poison’s page, hyperlinked over Female.

There could be a blog, collecting all the instances of Poison’s gender being mentioned in official material and link it to Poison’s page, hyperlinked over Female.
There could also be not.

This isn't LGBTQ+ characters wiki, this is Versus Battles Wiki. Why the absolute **** would we try to tackle that?

There are abilities that target a specific sex, so noting what biological sex she is can be useful. I think trans female can stay just for that reason

There are abilities that target a specific sex, so noting what biological sex she is can be useful. I think trans female can stay just for that reason
Being perfectly polite and respectful here

She has giant boobs and there is literally no room in that bottom piece for male junk

It is pretty obvious that she's transitioned

While Andy's point is theoretically valid (though I fail to think of any examples at the moment), I feel it's a very small percentage of instances where that would even vaguely apply. I don't really give a damn if a character is transitioned or not, their status in the LGBTQ+ community one way or another doesn't really need to be documented for our purposes. Also, would rather avoid political ***** and I feel this is certainly prone to bring said *****.

I agree with the OP.

Does the category say "Sex", Andy :/

It doesn't.

Also there are abilities that can do ******* anything, and depend on alot of factors. We don't list entire sections for them, let alone something THIS niche.

It's supplementary information for the character, it has no purpose in vs debating in 99% of the matches

Anyways I just don't think Andy's point is relevant because the thread is about etiquette, and not indexing, so unless he wants to make the point "this indexing only relevant to a few characters is more important than basic etiquette in many cultures", which I don't think he means to, it's an uninformed opinion and should be discarded.

It's very ******* rare for chromosomes to matter in a fight, I totally agree with this change, the way we treat is now is just slightly creepy for no real reason.

I want to apologize for my insensitivity regarding this topic. I talked to Zark and now I see why what ai said can be hurtful. That's all, I will not be commenting here further

Madeline is also listed as trans female currently

Trans Female isn't a gender
When talking about gender, there aren't just two. Transgender is often referred to as a type.

I personally don't see the issue either way. Whether it is listed as trans female or simply female does not matter. It means the same, the former being more specific. It doesn't have an effect on the contents of the page either way.

I don't think listing it as the former is inviting any political commentary. It becomes political only when people make it and try to find fault with how it's written in any case.

Trans Women are Women, no difference, end of story, there’s no reason to list it as anything other then just Female

Can people keep their politics to themselves? I'd rather have this thread end, thank you very much.

When talking about gender, there aren't just two. Transgender is often referred to as a type.
You're confusing two different topics here, gender spectrum isn't related exactly to transgenderism, which is a way to explain someone's gender, not the gender of their choosing.

This'll be having your nationality be listed "emigrant", like that's complementary information to your nationality but it's not relevant to the question at hand.
I personally don't see the issue either way. Whether it is listed as trans female or simply female does not matter. It means the same, the former being more specific. It doesn't have an effect on the contents of the page either way.
It's unnecessary distinction and comes off as pointless because we're not labeling all the other characters on the wiki as "cisgender male" and stuff like that, so why do transgender characters have this specificity only for them?

And noting context it comes off as a weird thing to note anyways, and I think most people can vouch for it just not looking particularly good for our wiki.
I don't think listing it as the former is inviting any political commentary. It becomes political only when people make it and try to find fault with how it's written in any case.
I don't see why one would want it up then, I've made it clear by wiki standard we don't list people like that, it's unnecessary specificity, and if you really demand to understand why it can be interpreted in the wrong way I can explain in Discord (since I'd believe I can explain better there)

I think it's fine just to keep it as "Female" and move on.

I don't think irrelevant video essays are a part of your point, if they are, it's a poor point.

In general "I agree despite/in part of my rightwing views" works, and should be over by that point.

Earnestly, I think that video might have piqued your interest. It kept mine, at least.

While we're on the subject, I think there's another that we can apply the OP logic to? Reading between the lines, it sounds like we're doing this to every trans character, so I might as well dig a few up:

...so shit which would be transparently standard and can not be fought against, once this thread is accepted?

You don't really need to do shit rn, just let this get passed and that ends that.

I agree that it should probably just say Female, if some person has some magical and super specific ability that distinguishes between transgender women or men then something can be brought up there but it's not particularly relevant at this moment in time.

Madeline is also listed as trans female currently

Earnestly, I think that video might have piqued your interest. It kept mine, at least.

While we're on the subject, I think there's another that we can apply the OP logic to? Reading between the lines, it sounds like we're doing this to every trans character, so I might as well dig a few up:

I'm fine with these examples being changed as well seeing as they were brought up.

Last edited:
I think there's enough agreement to go ahead with the change. This isn't a big issue anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back