• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

LGBT additions to the Vsbattles wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicWreck

He/Him
STAFF ONLY

I basically made this thread to get permission to make LGBT profiles, discussion threads, and categories.

The categories will be: LGBT and nonconforming. That is, categories noting characters who are canonically considered to gay, questioning, bisexual or transgendered or somehow do not follow the usual gender norms. Characters who are simply androgynous, like Haku, won't apply. Characters that are implied but not confirmed to be LGBT (such as Homura) don't apply. Characters that can transform into women via special abilities (Naruto characters) or are forced to transform via curses or other supernatural or fantastical means do not qualify if they don't personally identify with this transformation. That is, their profile stays as is since their profile Gender tag gives enough details.

I'm probably forgetting a lot of characters but I've listed the characters I know that would need a category added to their profile. Genderless characters already have a tag so they weren't mentioned. For the same reasons most cosmic entities weren't mentioned. LGBT category would be a way to increase the cataloging of characters that LGBT individuals can view as symbols they can relate to.

Characters that would qualify for the category include:
  1. Hatou Manabu (Bisexual, has been in relationships with both boys and girls)
  2. Albus Dumbledore (Homosexual)
  3. Puri Puri Prisoner (Homosexual)
  4. Bridget (Transgender)
  5. Bill Cipher
  6. Madeline (Transgender)
  7. Vivec (Gender-fluid)
  8. Okamaitachi (Transgender)
  9. Oryx (Transgender)
  10. Cirava (Transgender)
  11. Calliope (Hermaphrodite and agender)
  12. Arcee (Transgender)
  13. Roxy (Agender)
  14. Nagi (Transgender)
  15. Poison (Transgender)
  16. The Rider (Homosexual, DLC only)
  17. Giovanni Potage (Bisexual per WoG )
  18. Zora Salazar (Bisexual per WoG)
  19. Percival King (Asexual per WoG)
  20. Howie Honeyglow (Asexual per WoG)
  21. Suruga Kanbaru (Lesbian)
  22. Tsubasa Hanekawa, Second Key: Black Hanekawa's gender is a little fuzzy, as a ghost created from a dead male stray cat possessing a woman, doesn't feel weird being called a brother or a sister, and questions the point of asking what a supernatural being's gender is to begin with. (Queer)
  23. Shinobu Oshino (Bisexual; gender has absolutely no bearing on who she's attracted to.)
  24. Nadeko Sengoku (Bisexual; fell in love with Tsukihi before falling in love with Koyomi.)
  25. Ren (Homosexual Trans Female: In chapter 11 she identified as a girl but admitted she still carried over male traits from her former reincarnation that are expressed beyond her control at type, technically making her gender fluid)
  26. Toyosatomimi no Miko (Trans Woman)
  27. Mai Natsume (Trans Woman)
  28. Satana Hellstrom (Bisexual)
  29. The Bride (Bisexual) (post-flashpoint)
  30. John Constantine (Bisexual (Post-Flashpoint)
  31. Nightmare Nurse (Bisexual (Was in a relationship with John,states she had been in a threesome with two women)
  32. Isaac (Transgender/Gender-fluid)
  33. John Constatine (Bisexual) (Classic)
  34. Zan the Bonebreaker (Homosexual)
  35. Undyne (Homosexual)
  36. Alphys (Bisexual, in a relationship with Undyne but didn't deny Mettaton's assertion that she desires an embrace from a man).
  37. Frisk (Uses they/them pronouns)
  38. Chara (Uses they and it pronouns)
  39. Spongebob Squarepants (Asexual)
  40. Astolfolo (Bisexual)
  41. Napstablook (Uses they/them pronouns)
  42. Kanji Tatsumi (Was interested in Naoto, despite thinking she was a boy at first).
Characters who don't apply:
  1. Orochimaru (Has taken male and female bodies but there are no official statements on his outlook on gender).
  2. Naruto (Uses a specially crafted jutsu as a seductive weapon against certain types of characters to temporarily transform into the opposite sex, but still identifies with his born gender and shows heterosexual inclinations).
  3. Raidou Kuzunoha (Can transform into a crossdresser using supernatural means, but it's implied to be used as a joking gesture).
  4. Naoto Shirogane (Despite presenting as a male, this was due to her hopes of being accepted in a male dominated career and not an authentic aspect of her personality).
Please note: This is just a thread asking for permission. Interested parties can mention characters they know to be LGBT if they desire to aid me in this endeavor. I will research the characters listed on the wiki, make sandboxes with the changes to the categories, and then perform the changes myself.

The only thing we decide now is whether it is worth it or not to add the LGBT category for ease of access to interested Vsbattles wiki visitors and members who are interested in such things.

Staff who agree to the creation of a LGBT tag:

Damage3245, LordTracer, Armorchompy, Elixirblue, Colonel Krukov, Samanpatou, Qawsedf234, Antvasima, Duedate8898, Maverick_Zero_X (Leaning towards neutral), Agnaa (11)
Users who agree to the creation of LGBT tag:
Rez, Braking, Valiant_Abyss, CurrySenpa, SaberPhantasy9 (5)

Staff who disagree to the creation of a LGBT tag:
Crabwhale, AKM Sama, KingTempest (3)

Users who disagree to the creation of a LGBT tag:
Deviruman666, Demiipowa, Ralfdoang, Arzzz, Arcker123, Thunderian, Kachon123 (7)

Staff who are neutral on the creation of a LGBT tag:
Abstractions (Leaning towards agree), JustSomeWeirdo (2)

Users who are neutral on the creation of a LGBT tag:
Mad_Dog_Of_Fujiwara (Has contentions, agreed if not reliant on statements), (1)

Staff who agree with the creation of LGBT topics:
N/A

Staff who are neutral on the creation of LGBT topics:
N/A

Staff who disagree with the creation of LGBT topics:
Antvasima (1) (Only as far as topics not pertaining to media)

Users who agree with the creation of LGBT topic threads:
N/A

Users who disagree with the creation of LGBT topic threads:
N/A

Users who are neutral on the creation of LGBT topic threads:
N/A

Total tally:

Total agreements (LGBT category): 16

Total disagreements (LGBT Category): 10

Total Neutral statements (LGBT Category): 3

Total Disagreements (LGBT topic threads): 1

Last edited:
Okay I'm just gonna leave my hot take here. Sexual preference fields are way more relevant than gender ones. Not only is gender usually misrepresented as sex by both fiction and the wiki (just check any Digimon or robot page), but it's just not needed info. Everyone says there are characters with "sex hax" but no one can point to more than a few handful who aren't from hentai.

Sexual preference though? That's far more noteworthy. Think about all the iconic seducers in fiction, like Mystique, Barney Stinson, Blair, Gambit, James Bond, Boomhauer, etc. These are characters famous for their ability to bed just about anyone they set their eyes on, so noting preferences and sexuality to let others know what characters wouldn't be affected by what is good info we lack. Take Judge Dredd for example, many stories have posited that he may be aromantic, asexual, or homoromantic (or any combination of which), and as such, he has consistently been depicted being unaffected by the advances of women, I listed that as resistance to Social Influencing, but that feels kind of weird, but there's no other real place to put it

I agree with the OP, it’s kinda surprising that we didn’t have this already.

We probably shouldn't count characters that don't abide to gender norms or don't have gender as a species unless there's specific statements/comparisons of them being LGBT in some way.

Anyway, not sure if this will be made but why not, it's fun to make lists.
  • Bisexual (Kisses Angela and also is a succubus who often preys on men)
  • Bisexual/Lesbian (Dump Frankenstein for some nameless woman. It's not clear if this is her rediscovering her sexuality or just being bi and hating Frank, which she does)
  • Bisexual (Has a male love interest and used to be in a relationship with both Zatanna, who's female, and their male teacher)
  • Bisexual (Was in a relationship with John, states she had been in a threesome with two women)
  • Trans/Genderfluid (Strongly implied to see himself as female at least some times, given about half the playable characters, which reflect his subconscious, are female, and that we see him attempting to crossdress and being laughed at. Not saying crossdressing is inherently a reflection of gender identity, but there are implications. At minimum, by WoG, he's experimenting. This also applies to every other playable character FRA, and some bosses too. He also dies at the age of 4 so we ain't finding out)
  • Bisexual (Shown to have a relationship with men in a few flashbacks. Also ***** like 40 women, through the series)
  • Lesbian (Has sex with a woman in one of the quests. Admittedly this is to get to an artifact, but she seems like she likes it)
  • Lesbian (DLC only. Can be persuaded to stay with The Song, who is female, with very strong implication of the thing being romantic "I will give you more each and every day. I will be yours")
Also everyone expressing any sort of LGBT-phobic behavior in this thread can, (non) respectfully, kiss my ass.

Last edited:
Excuse me but I'm pretty sure it's unnecessary to add this. Just put unknown at gender if you didn't know about the characters gender.

You don't need permission to create an LGBT character's profile, it's just a character like every other one, you're fine, go ahead.

Also, I don't know why we would need an LGBT category to filter characters unless it has something to do with a specific hax ability. It seems pointless unless somebody can give me a good reason as to why we should add the category which would require going to every lgbt character's profile to add the tag.

(Also I'm not talking about the Gender: [Insert gender here] section on the profile)

Also, I don't know why we would need an LGBT category to filter characters unless it has something to do with a specific hax ability. It seems pointless unless somebody can give me a good reason as to why we should add the category which would require going to every lgbt character's profile to add the tag.
We have a category for parents, a category for leaders, a category for teenagers and several other categories that don’t have anything to do with powers or powerscaling. This should be no different.

First of all, LGBT+ characters aren't magically subject to greater restrictions in being made as compared to any other character. If you want to make a profile, just make it.

Second, I'm not sure I support this. It seems like a lot of extra work for something that in the grand scheme of things (and especially in the context of this wiki) is pretty trivial. I know we have a few other very out there categories but if anything, their existence is a minus towards our ability to be concise, not necessarily a plus towards the adding of this category.

Sexual preference though? That's far more noteworthy. Think about all the iconic seducers in fiction, like Mystique, Barney Stinson, Blair, Gambit, James Bond, Boomhauer, etc. These are characters famous for their ability to bed just about anyone they set their eyes on, so noting preferences and sexuality to let others know what characters wouldn't be affected by what is good info we lack. Take Judge Dredd for example, many stories have posited that he may be aromantic, asexual, or homoromantic (or any combination of which), and as such, he has consistently been depicted being unaffected by the advances of women, I listed that as resistance to Social Influencing, but that feels kind of weird, but there's no other real place to put it
We might as well add blood types to pages because some forms of blood manip work differently depending on type

We might as well add height to profiles because some form of size manip work differently depending on size

We might as well add weight to profiles because some form of density manips work differently depending on weight.

This just seems like a useless addition that could apply to literally any aspect of a character.

I don’t mind a Heterosexual or Homosexual category.

There are characters who uses their attractiveness (Social Influencing) to effect the battle. Like, I can’t imagine Rouge the Bat, who can make male and female(human) characters squeamish, doing the same to Puri Puri Prisoner.

We might as well add blood types to pages because some forms of blood manip work differently depending on type

We might as well add height to profiles because some form of size manip work differently depending on size

We might as well add weight to profiles because some form of density manips work differently depending on weight.

This just seems like a useless addition that could apply to literally any aspect of a character
I agree with you, better advice don't add about sex deviate on this wiki.

I don't know what it's used for about addition have sex between characters.

We have a category for parents, a category for leaders, a category for teenagers and several other categories that don’t have anything to do with powers or powerscaling. This should be no different.
If it gets added, then thats more stuff to categorize, i dont really care either way, i'd rather just reduce the workload. (Also we dont need a parent, murderers, ninjas etc. category but i dont have the energy to get it removed because categories like "orphan" are useless)

* Hot girl in a red dress distracts guy for information (Socail Influencing)

* Naruto influences Jiraya to train him with Social Influence and K.O. the 3rd Hokage with Sexy Jutsu (And defeated Kaguya with Male Sexy Jutsu).

* Some guys(Heter) pull punches a lot against girls for “chivalry“.

* Girls can tricks guys in battles with their attractiveness.

* Nami’s Happiness Punch in Wano was super effective.

Again, I see someone’s preferences being more noteworthy for VS debating than if someone was a Parent or a Orphan.

So do I have free rein to make a Blood type thread? Like unironically and that'll be accepted?
I mean, I personally see why not, but I suppose it’d be hard finding out some characters like Mario or Sonic the Hedgehog for their blood types.

Last edited:
LGBT thread or not the normal discussion rules still apply. If you disagree with something please do so respectfully Also, do not derail.
I agree with you, better advice don't add about sex deviate on this wiki.

I don't know what it's used for about addition have sex between characters.
This wiki falling apart.
Can't believe they are making an LGTBQ (verse) page :eek::eek::eek:
I only know male and female or maybe robots and some other fantasy races. what is LGBT? is it a new race?
Do not bring in your political and social issues into the thread. This is not a thread to air out your grievances about LGBT as a concept. If you are uninterested in dispute or ignorant on the topic, just like on any other topic or thread please do not respond.
I think, this is useless. I can't see any reason for the usefulness of it if it was added.
If it gets added, then thats more stuff to categorize, i dont really care either way, i'd rather just reduce the workload. (Also we dont need a parent, murderers, ninjas etc. category but i dont have the energy to get it removed because categories like "orphan" are useless)

This just seems like a useless addition that could apply to literally any aspect of a character.
First of all, LGBT+ characters aren't magically subject to greater restrictions in being made as compared to any other character. If you want to make a profile, just make it.

Second, I'm not sure I support this. It seems like a lot of extra work for something that in the grand scheme of things (and especially in the context of this wiki) is pretty trivial. I know we have a few other very out there categories but if anything, their existence is a minus towards our ability to be concise, not necessarily a plus towards the adding of this category.
I didn't really bother to quote everyone since they say more or less the same thing but....

Seduction is still an important skill. For example, Hinata is empowered by a goddess to make himself seem incredibly attractive to the usual male by an unnatural degree, but homosexuals are not affected. There's also off wiki characters like SCP 2396 who are able to put male-identified individuals into diabetic comas. So it definitely can be versus battles applicable actually, though whether or not it's worth it to edit the profiles based on that can be put up to vote.

Last edited:
I didn't really bother to quote everyone since they say more or less the same thing but....

Seduction is still an important skill. For example, Hinata is empowered by a goddess to make himself seem incredibly attractive to the usual male by an unnatural degree, but homosexuals are not affected. There's also off wiki characters like SCP 2396 who are able to put male-identified individuals into diabetic comas. So it definitely can be versus battles applicable actually, though whether or not it's worth it to edit the profiles based on that can be put up to vote.
It's definitely useful in vs battles, but
#1 It's not common
#2 It's a lot of work which'll produce little gain

Stain from MHA's abilities work different on different blood types. We won't add the blood type of every character just to circle around his ability.

You do realize you'd be editing quite literally 30 thousand pages just to see the gender they're interested in correct? This isn't something easy to do with bots or whatnot either.

Am I saying it's useless? Nah, but I don't think it's the smartest option in the grand scheme of things

I mean, it's something people can add in their own spare time if they so wish to.
This... is better.

Is this thread just asking for permission to do so? Cause if so then they can.

But the OP's wording it as if they need it on their profiles, and if they need it, then it's our job to add it, which is what I'm tackling

This... is better.

Is this thread just asking for permission to do so? Cause if so then they can.

But the OP's wording it as if they need it on their profiles, and if they need it, then it's our job to add it, which is what I'm tackling
Yeah, I think they're just asking permission to make the category, at least that's the vibe I get.

Yeah, I don't think they mean we need to add it asap (from what I gather), just asking that if the creation is allowed and that they can add it whenever they so wish to.

I mean, it's something people can add in their own spare time if they so wish to.
Kru, everyone here is working on their own spare time. It's not a job. We're talking about how we spend that spare time at all times when we talk about tasks here, and this one would be yet another that would add to the list of stuff already to be done (and the list is huge, as you may have noticed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back