• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty self explanatory and straight forward. Dante’s PoC Key lists the Book of Demons, and that’s fine, but the abilities that grants have been completely overlooked since the Book’s addition to Dante’s Arsenal. I have a Sandbox for the Book’s own profile here. (For Dante’s PoC abilities it’ll merely be the abilities from the Book of Demons added on, or linked.)

The only ability I think ever brought into question was Transduality Type 1, and Elizhaa made it evident that at face value it might be accepted for Immortality Type 5, so if the consensus is that it doesn’t qualify for Tranduality, it’ll be removed promptly.

Outside of that, I don’t think there’s much to discuss.

Edit: Tanin reminded me to add Necromancy due to Pluto's Necromancy scan, so I'll add that. Also, Multilingualism

Last edited:
I disagree with Transduality too given how it is only Immortality 5 and not some kind of fancy Transduality.
Everything else seems fine

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Transduality
Transduality is the state of being wherein an entity exists independently of, and qualitatively beyond, various dual systems, ranging from very specific, limited sets of dual distinctions to duality itself on a conceptual level.
As it stands, Type 1 corresponds to being beyond certain kinds of dual systems, but not all duality.

• Type 1 (Specific Transduality): Characters that exist in a nondual state regarding one specific dual system and qualitatively superior or immune to effects caused within it.

The Fallen Priest
A strange demon that does not enter into the concept of living or dead life forms and is able to summon and influence the spirits of other demons to fight by his side.
When he encounters an enemy or demon he deems unworthy of his service, he will proceed to wipe them out of existence. Every aspect, including their soul, will be completely reduced to nothingness.

I don't how this isn't transduality. I don't know a better way to word one. Unless you want game devs to literally copy paste the ability directly off of the wiki and into the game.

Btw, a bit unrelated but aren't Zombies also technically Immo 5, and the Fallen Priest is way beyond what a Zombie is. I think there is merit to our case for TD 1, but I will, stay neutral for now regarding this,.
Agree with the rest of the thread.
Transdual life and death = Immortality Type 5

It boils down to the same thing at the end of the day

Just give my two cent

btw regarding beyond life and death stuff, or transduality stuff, first you just need establish that life and death are actually dual system. for example if someone died the souls will go to hell or somehing. Just make simple blog should be enough.

The tricky one would be establishing transduality. For example in GoW light of alfheim can act as both soul absorption and rebirth since all souls of dead will go to light of alfheim (i know this oversimplification) but at the same time the light act as a rebirth thing, since you can only resurrect people from death with that light. So in essence the light can function as both dead and life at the same time

Just give my two cent

btw regarding beyond life and death stuff, or transduality stuff, first you just need establish that life and death are actually dual system. for example if someone died the souls will go to hell or somehing. Just make simple blog should be enough.

The tricky one would be establishing transduality. For example in GoW light of alfheim can act as both soul absorption and rebirth since all souls of dead will go to light of alfheim (i know this oversimplification) but at the same time the light act as a rebirth thing, since you can only resurrect people from death with that light. So in essence the light can function as both dead and life at the same time
btw the reason why kratos can resurrect without that light because he is build different.

Just give my two cent

Demon Realm in DMC works somewhat on same principle.
Although @Sevil Natas can explain better.

Death manipulation too

Limited Resistance Negation (Faye uses the Void to bypass all defenses as well as create portals, and is also capable of firing lasers)

What defenses can it bypass? Depending on the answer, this could be power null as well

Not enough for social influencing

You should add the justification for conceptual and information manipulation

What do you mean by all types? Does it include defense that can block tier 0 attacks?
Obviously not. Gilver is on the wankium. (Sarcasm. He is on that sarcasm.) Faye’s ability is specifically nullifying “all defenses,” through her Void Manipulation, but from what I recall in her boss fight nothing crazy happens. It’s just the lore explanation of one of her abilities/attacks (where she teleports and deals a blow of significantly higher damage than her other basic attacks), similar to how Pluto’s “teleports” are in lore explained by him moving at immeasurable speed. That’s why I originally went with limited, but Gilver was saying “All,” and pointed out how DMC abilities work off-site/Discord (and Faye’s origin as a Hybrid), which means it’s likely a lot more potent than I gave it credit for. That said, we can’t assume additional powers on top of it because she doesn’t actually display any additional powers related to this ability—Instead she demonstrates other abilities alongside this one, such as Ice Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Lasers, etc. So we’re keeping it to STRICTLY Resistance Negation.

Last edited:
Obviously not. Gilver is on the wankium. (Sarcasm. He is on that sarcasm.) Faye’s ability is specifically nullifying “all defenses,” through her Void Manipulation, but from what I recall in her boss fight nothing crazy happens. It’s just the lore explanation of one of her abilities/attacks (where she teleports and deals a blow of significantly higher damage than her other basic attacks), similar to how Pluto’s “teleports” are in lore explained by him moving at immeasurable speed. That’s why I originally went with limited, but Gilver was saying “All,” and pointed out how DMC abilities work off-site/Discord (and Faye’s origin as a Hybrid), which means it’s likely a lot more potent than I gave it credit for. That said, we can’t assume additional powers on top of it because she doesn’t actually display any additional powers related to this ability—Instead she demonstrates other abilities alongside this one, such as Ice Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Lasers, etc. So we’re keeping it to STRICTLY Resistance Negation.

I disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back