• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Weekly my point with the fireball thing wasn't that he could redirect the shot but that it wouldn't bother him. If he can hold a fireball in his hand I don't think an energy blast is going to faze him much more.

Also he could always dodge one of her punches in CQC and the grab her finger right after.

She also doesn't start off the fight 4x stronger than him

"Not very skilled fighting against opponents whose fighting style revolves around kicks as well as opponents who are adept at dodging attacks"

A quote from her weakness tab

fighters well-versed in dodging attacks can frustrate Yang, making her attacks predictable and easily avoided, rendering the added power useless

Po might very well be able to outlast yangs aura and beat her.

Weekly, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Yang start with ranged attacks, and at the first possibility tries to take the opponent with close ranged attacks? The moment she tries to punch Po, he'll probably block it (the fire dust is going to be painful, but if he was able to redirect fire balls, I doubt it'll do much), disorient her with his "unique" fighting style and wuxi finger her while she's confused

Currently, no, she's CQC with range on occasion. Yang doesnt use Fire Dust, her punches cause explosions of raw kinetic energy, something Po has never shown the ability to redirect. Po never redirected fire balls, he redirected CANNONBALLS that were just set on fire. How would his fighting style disorient her? He'd still hav to hold her to be able to do so, something her Class M lifting strength would allow her to break free of easily.

As stated numerous times, Weekly, he doesn't have to restrain her so much as grab a finger for a few seconds at most which, given her inevitable confusion at him grabbing one finger, he will easily be granted.

Have we seen Yang fight in these last two chapters? The only fight I remember was against the fodder guys from Raven's tribe, who were stomped hard by a not serious Yang, so I'm not sure sure how representative of her fighting style that is

Just repeatedly watch the mecha fight. Theres no concrete x4x4 scaling. The best I could see is Yang getting the same power level or slightly stronger than the mecha. Which btw everyone was harming in equivalent ratio. She didnt oneshot it or anything.

Meanwhile to update ny saling since it went unnoticed that I was asking for the calc and had to do that under assumptions...

Pre KFP 3 - MCB level superior to Yang but not to Semblance Yang

Kai >>> that Po dueing KFP 3 though he was almost able to keep up despite the power gap. Since you know... Hes actually an intelligent versatile martiap arts.

And then Dragon Chi Po >>>> Kai easily.

So yeah. Even with Semblance the best Yang can go for is almost a tie if were being extremely generous by adding the timeskip for her.

@Huesito

Hey if we can use 4x scaling, I think it's fine to use >>>s~

But legit, the scaling is very basic and comes clean. Though if the feat of the demon guy happened prior to KFP 2 it would be an even bigger scaling.

@Arrogant

Yup! But I mean when I was typin that scaling and asking for it, no one else was giving it until after I posted it. Or at least iirc. Too lazy to search, I mean I thanked you guys and all : p

It's actually ironic... Your name says arrogant but you're not arrogant at all~!

@Yobo

Scaling will happen 10 hours from now, I made sure to type it this time: 9:23 pm is where I marked it. Just to be safe.

@CoreOfimBalance hmm maybe it just me like I only use 4 greater than signs if it's some ridiculously casual feat

btw if (if) yang does acutally get 4 times stronger she'd be small town level =P (since at base she should be somewhere around 280 tons)

Well it was definitely that in the end with KFP 3. Po was literally playing around with Tai in absolute glee. And then he unleashed a power that pretty much atomized him or something. Or turned him into light... But overall he has a more concrete x4 basis.

I keep rewatching the RWBY fight where the x4 x4 scaling comes from and the only thing that comes close was (Yang taking a hit from the mecha with her semblance on, and breaking the arm)

But.... Everyone was literally able to harm the mecha before. In fact she got knocked back by the mecha too and everyone was already ganging up on the mecha and damaging it. So everyone was colelctively beating it down. It's not like a display of Yang being that strong either since the emphasis of the battle was teamwork honestly. So it's not just not x4 x4 scaling, but even the x4 scaling is wrong.

And even if we pretend those are true and that Yang did oneshot the mecha, she did not do it as ridiculously casual in comparison to Po.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back