• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you're adding all these hax and abilties to Po's profile but other than the finger hold (BFR) he really doesn't use a lot of them consistently

I mean, he does have them, they should be there, but yeah, he rarely uses the Legends of Awesomeness powers. I see no reason they can't be there however.

Yeah they should be there I agree I just don't want people thinking they put this fight any more in Po's favor. Not that this necessarily isn't in his favor already but you know what I mean.

Yobobojojo said:
Yeah, but I'm voting for Po. Initially higher AP, dura, skill, unconventional fighting style, attack reflection, and Wuxi hold for when she surpasses him ultimately lends him the win. This Po also has flight and energy projection, giving higher mobility.
Po for reasons above and below

DMUA said:
Well, thinking about it, what's more likely to happen is a prolonged battle where Po beats her down with an unorthodox fighting style and AP until her semblance activates, he slowly gets overpowered and Po Skadoshes.

Okay, so a few problems im seeing here. First off, Pro's attack reflection isn't actual actually acknowledge reflection, its redirection that requires actually acknowledge solid projectile for him to be able to deflect, something he won't be able to do with Yangs kinetic Energy projectiles. Secondly, if my memory serves me correctly, he's never redirected attacks with his belly attack, only used it as a surprise attack against close range enemies. Thirdly, if he does manage to catch her she can literally detach her own arm to save herself.

I don't see any reason he can't redirect Yang's blast.

And if it's her arm that isn't mechanical?

WeeklyBattles said:
Okay, so a few problems im seeing here. First off, Pro's attack reflection isn't actual actually acknowledge reflection, its redirection that requires actually acknowledge solid projectile for him to be able to deflect, something he won't be able to do with Yangs kinetic Energy projectiles. Secondly, if my memory serves me correctly, he's never redirected attacks with his belly attack, only used it as a surprise attack against close range enemies. Thirdly, if he does manage to catch her she can literally detach her own arm to save herself.
>implying she knows the finger will one shot

WeeklyBattles said:

You do realize these were fireballs he was catching and throwing back, right?

Also how would she know to detach her arm? It's not like that's her first instinct whenever someone grabs her arm in CQC. Only time she's ever used it in combat was to escape. Not to mention she only has one arm that can do this.

Basically, Po has no feat of redirecting energy attacks, so there's no reason to assume he can redirect Yang's energy blasts or shockwaves

That ignores all the advantages he still has aboe, andthe fact he has multiple abilities to fall back on should the need arise, and assuming this is dragon Po, higher mobility and a dragon construct to shield him

Oh im aware he still has advantages im just trying to clear up some misconceptions

Also can someone show me an instance of him BFRing without taunting or pausing beforehand?

Oh yeah, he did pause though. Eventually, even if Wuxi doesn't work tho, any of his other hax will take her out.

FFM has never been used in combat nd would be incredibly difficult to do so

GLC would work but i dont remember him ever using it

How would MF help?

Hey, I just gave examples. Besides, wouldn't losing an arm hinder her, especially considering how much more adept Po is in combat?

Okay, just checked and he hs actually used GLC but never in an actual fight

Yes it would hinder her but she'd easily be close enough to deliver a solid hit, which would spell bad news for Po especially if her Semblance is up

Never usin it in a fight=/=not combat appicable tho

Even then it would be a nasty blow for someone with such a higher mobility and the ability to dodge, especilly with the aformentioned skill advatage and the fact he might not be so lenient with the hold a second time.

She used it against Mercury as an escape method. Also at this point in his career he should be past taunting before actually finishing the technique.

I know it doesnt but what it does mean is that he's never thought to use it even against massive threats like Ke-Pa or Kai when a lot of lives were at stake

I mean Yang has propulsion via her gauntlets which gives her decent mobility as well, and she'd be nearly point blank giving that punch. I'd also like to point out that it would be almost impossible for him to catch her by the hand when her punches literally explode and will have exceeded his power by the time he tries for the hold.

Assuming that she can win by then, which she won't considering everything Po cn do here s a last resort giving benefit of the doubt by letting her get that far. For al we know she'llbe too suprised by the strangeness of the technique to react in time.

The strangeness of the technique wont matter, he's not going to be able to actually catch her fist to be able to perform the technique when she will be hitting several times harder and causing explosions with her punches.

She doesn't let off a round with every single punch. Even then if he can hold literal fireworks in the palm of his hand no problem I don't think her energy blasts will faze him. And after the first two or three hits once he realizes she's only getting stronger he'll know to pull out the finger hold.

Also not that the show itself would lead you to believe so but doesn't she have a limited number of rounds?

Yes she does actually, Ember Celica is designed to function like a shotgun with a trigger that is pulled every time she throws a punch

Holding a steel ball in your hand =/= being hit with a blast of energy

If he tries to pull the finger hold he takes a direct explosion from someone stronger than himself

Red rounds yes, normal rounds no

@Laughing Im kinda in the process of debunking the arguments for Po so voting FRA for him probably isnt the best idea

Reflecting attacks that are supposed to explode at your hands has always been questionable. It was supposed to explode the moment it made contact with him yet it didn't and allowed him to redirect them. Doing that on a water driplet is another one. In other news there is also the option of dodging the attacks seeing as Po has dealt with doing that when faced with such situations where the enemy has ranged attacks. Regardless there are other options. If this is SBA then the place would offer possibilities for stealth, which Po can be surprisingly capable of. Not like he focuses on it entirely.

The Wuxi finger hold is something that will end Yang if he pulls it off. The only reason it didn't work on Kai initially was because he was a spirit. And even then Po found a way to circumvent that. Just the tiniest hold done quickly would be enough since it's a literal grab and touch. Regardless of aura or not. Even if he gets hit once, he has a tight hold. Kai was superior to Po too yet he succeeded in doing that.

Then there's the attacks (the green hammer fist) which can send a person flying up in the air as if gravity isn't affecting them, iirc at least, and that really really really miniature sun (still powerful fireball) with its own gravitational pull. Though it takes some time to use if Yang doesn't close in, or if Po keeps dodging her ranged attacks it could mess up her mobility.

Overall, I believe Po wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back