• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@CoB He will never be able to get a hold on her as Yang's punches explode and by the time he tries it she will be several times stronger than him

What exactly got debunked? Sincere question.

Explosions? I mean it's not like every punch she sends out is a literal explosion but merely augmented by the shotgun gauntlets. Which is still mostly blunt and kinetic force.

Also it's not as if Po doesn't have redirection abilities. The moment Yang started hitting harder, he could just make her miss. I don't think Yang is a berserker when her Semblance is activated but it's not enough to say compare to an actual martial artist. Also, damage deflection with belly. All it takes is one finger hold and the moment Po realizes Yang got stronger, he's gonna pull it off.

One just has to grapple or even distract her. And considering the pragmatism on Po? It's likely.

And it's not as if Yang could immediately activate her ability. Judging from the Neo fight, it's possible to knock her out before she even uses said Semblance. Especially when your opponent specializes in redirecting attacks. regardless of stamina issue there, Yang could've startd off with Semblance but that battle proves you can take down someone before giving them too much damage. Outright KO instead of kill despite aura. So yeah, if Po lands some punches he would drain Yang's aura. If she uses her Semblance right away it would be alarming.

Also a blind effect move would screw over Yang. Also not talking about Po's flight and Hero's Chi ranged abilities? Or nerve paralysis techniques? I'm surprised.

Wuxi

Heck, even if she does manage to surpass him in time and can deal with ny of Po's other hax (which she can't), she still has to:

A. Break the Dragon Construct to get to him

B. Actually cause physical pain.

Po has continuously taken brutal blows in succesion easily, before any training he survived being blown up by fireworks, dropped directly on his head from the sky, been beaten up by the training gear which was spiked, fried, being beaten by the furious 5 the entire day, then beaten by Shifu. This was before he recieved any real training as well. His extreme skill and incresed moblity allows him to dodge instead of tanking the blows, and her incresed strength works against her by decresing the chance Po will go in for more physical strikes, more likely to use his hax after that, and being able to tank what she does throw out of sheer toughness.

@CoB Yes, they are actual literal explosions

He has never shown the ability to redirect something he couldnt touch. He tries to catch her hand and he gets his hand blown off by a Yang that is several times stronger than him.

Yang actually has demonstrated the ability to activate her semblnce at will several times throughout the series. Po absolutely does not specialize in redirecting attacks. If Po lands a few punches on Yang she's be stronger than him and then oneshot him, her aura would by no means drain from a few punches.

Nerve paralysis wont work through her aura

@Yobo Yang will easily be strong enough to do both with her Semblance active. Yang has taken hits from things 4x stronger than her, gotten up, and oneshot them with her semblance. This would be no different.

Except that that implies that Yang is able to inflict more damage than that entire barrage of highly trained warriors on one untrained individual. That's also ignoring the points made abou martial arts, mobility, and pragmatism.

All of them, considering this is beginning of the movie Po vs the 5 greatest martial artists in China and their master after he was brutlly beatn in by spiked weaponry and fire.

She activated her Semblance there though. Prior to that it isn't. Usually does it when angry. And even then, that's if they connect. And considering Po has taken the habit of redirecting or dodging attacks, he's not a tank anymore that's just gonna stand there.

Hero's chi would alleviate that alongside dragon aura. So is that under the assumption that Po doesn't pull back his arm, dodge, and play the defensive while realizing he has to pull off a wuxi finger hold or take to the skies and start using aura?

When did I say she won't? The issue if she would even consider it a good idea? Except he kinda does, we've seen his first fight against Tai Lung in the first movie that even with minimal training alongside training with Shifu he displays said abilities. Considering that Po is more skilled even with speed equalized it's not unlike for Po to redirect attacks. We're going by the assumption it seems that Po is literally just going to stand there and take it.

Hero's Chi, Dragon construct, and flight would be a hard issue to deal with.

Same appliance for Po against enemies. He's tougher than he hits, and he's gonna redirect said hits.

In any case that's 7 votes right?

I wouldn't even say just 4x stronger. The scaling is much higher considering Shifu who hits harder by several times than Po was tossed aside like that by Tai Lung. And that's just the first boss.

Yobobojojo said:
All of them, considering this is beginning of the movie Po vs the 5 greatest martial artists in China and their master after he was brutlly beatn in by spiked weaponry and fire.
I was referring to his 8-A key, what he took as an 8-C doesnt matter here

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Its like that always, i can pull up any fight with her and the result would be exactly the same, semblance or not, because thats how the Ember Celica works. He'd have to stand thee and tank to land the Wushi Finger Hold on her.

Yang has dealt with flying opponents befoe and her semblance AP will take care of the dragon construct

Except, if anything, his ability to endure has gotten better over countless battles. In fact, this was before even 8-C.

But has he ever tanked an attack from someone explicitly 4x stronger than himself, or someone strong enough to oneshot someon 4x stronger than himself

Not even tank. Just slip into a grapple, just like what he did with the final boss.

Except issue with that?

Po was able to keep up with Kai with his feat, which I assume is what got him there. Unless I'm mistaken. If the new feat that bumped up Po is a previous movie, that means Po is much higher than that. But that also means he's much higher with chi, and with Hero's chi. And combine em together and....

Well basically, the AP difference wouldn't even be there to bother. And that's if he doesn't quickly pull off the Wuxi finger hold. And really damaging the environment may make it difficult for Yang to fight against an airborne opponent. Unlike flying enemies that Yang fought, Po is intelligent.

WeeklyBattles said:
But has he ever tanked an attack from someone explicitly 4x stronger than himself, or someone strong enough to oneshot someon 4x stronger than himself
Explicit or not, it's pretty clear they overpowered him by a significant degree. If anything, the difference was more than 4 times.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
The 4x is very accurate. Weekly can you clarify on the exact events of those?

Also listing this, 9:23 on my end. That way I won't forget.
She tanked two punches from a mech that was able to overpower all four members of Team RWBY simultaneouslt, got up, and oneshot it. Hell even Weiss was able to take hits from Flynt Coal's Killer Quartet, which quadruples his damage output by making three copies of himself.

WeeklyBattles said:
@CoB Have you seen KFP1? He didnt slip into a grapple, Tai Lung was disoriented and he caught him by the pinkie from a clumsy strike he attempted.
The 8-A feat is from the show.

Being higher in AP will just make Yang stronger.

If he tries for a Wuxi finger hold he will get hi hand blown off.
Except this is KFP3 Po, who caught a blow from the explicitly stronger Kai.

Even so, it doesn't change what happens now.

Except not only does that imply that she can break the construct off the bat, but that he decides to both be a sitting duck and use his hax, while also igoring the fact he has taken far worse blows before and surived without nearly as much damage. 4x usually isn't considered enough to oneshot, that's 5x, and that also assumes he starts with both boosts at once, which he won't, meaning he can regi/null the advantage.

... Weekly I would be referring to KFP 3. Understandable though since you said you didn't watch it yet.

That's... not very helpful. I meant the exact schematics of the 4x by 4x scaling.

Except it takes only a second to pull off and he can pull her into a position where she won't be able to attack him. Even with that in mind, Po is likelier to close his pinky than Yang could swing her arm.

By the way rewatching the scene, I doubt the dragon can even be harmed physically. Or energetically.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
Reminder that catching a punch isn't the only method of getting a hold of someone's finger
Unless he's going to attempt to grapple someone with Class M Lifting strength which will end VERY badly for him, its the only way he's going to be able to pull it off

@CoB I just gave you the schematics of the 4x scaling

He doesnt have the strength to overpower Yang to be able to do that, he's not Class M, and this is even assuming he survives her punch.

Liftin strength with your arm=/= with your finger. Furthermore, this is once again assuming she isn't blinded and memoryless by this point.

Weekly, at scaling Weiss to Flynt and then using that to compare to Yang... That's wrong. The level of skill in RWBY develops. No one stays static in power level. The Weiss that was in VOL 3 is likely stronger than the Weiss of Vol 2. And gonna rewatch that fight.

Also... quadruple the damage? Weiss was being blown away by that ability... I doubt it's quadruple damage either. Likely just four times the attacker. But hang on I'm rechecking.

Btw can someone send me the link to the upgrade?

All he does is to grab a part of Yang's body or even wrap his arms around him and pinky himself.

Also like COB pointed out, the fireworks should have exploded upon impact but they didn't. He and Shifu were also able to keep a water droplet intact with the same technique. It stands to reason that he should be able to redirect Yang's shots without them exploding.

Can he really use it on someone who can't see the techinque?

Seems unlikely.

@Yobo Was Kai strong enough to oneshot someone 4x stronger than Po? Because Yang with her semblance can oneshot someone 4x stronger than herself without her semblance.

@CoB Grabing Yang gets him flung into the sky by her Class M lifting strength, as does trying to grapple her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back