• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Piccolo, Raditz and 5-B Dragon Ball

Kepekley23

VS Battles
Retired
Ant suggested this might be the best option.

The discussion is basically summed up here.

We found a discrepancy in Piccolo's profile. It links to a calc that has since been updated by the OBD. The timeframe in the calc was pulled from nowhere, while the timeframe in the newer, updated calc by Derpaholic is based on the rocks around the panel still freefaling when Piccolo blasts the moon, which means the timeframe is based upon something, at least.

The problem is, Lina Shields posted that in a blog a few months back and it had apparently been evaluated and rejected (not really?). But the calc we link in the profile was ALSO rejected here due to assuming the timeframe.

Then Matt told me to use RadicalMR's calc, which puts Piccolo at 5-B. After i told him this, he suddenly switched back to Chaos's calc and told me to evaluate it, because it was probably "the best way to go". I already did that, and it's an unreliable calculation

I'm strictly against cherry-picking calculations just because we disagree with the result. We have a calc putting Piccolo at extremely high end Low 5-B-, which would then make Raditz 5-B by the virtue of scaling, and then we have a calculation, by our calc group no less, that puts Piccolo at 5-B, thus scaling Raditz to 5-B too.

The other option is unreliable, as i said above, because it assumes the timeframe while Derpaholic's calc has a calced timeframe attached to it.

So, without cherrypicking anything, which one shall we use?

I personally think we should use Derpaholic's calculation, because Radical's calc technically assumes the timeframe as well.

NOTE: STAFF-ONLY

Actually, instead of using an assumed timeframe, why we don't use the anime timeframe? The feat does happen in the manga, so it shouldn't be a problem

I'm against Chaos's calc too given the unreliable timeframe. And I agree, we should defiantly not use unaccepted and unreliable calcs because they fit in more with our scaling.

We can probably calculate a timeframe by the rocks that were in the air in these scans since they're on the ground by this scan. Apparently the 17.84 second end is based off that method, so Planet level from this feat seems consistent. Regardless, all calcs point towards either low end Planet level or high end Small Planet level so 5-B Raditz and Nappa isn't out of the question.

I mean the consensus here seemed to be that as long as the representation of the anime is faithful to the original it can be used.

Yes, I think that our Cinematic Time rules have been changed to accept anime timeframes, as long as the scene is almost identical to the manga.

Okay. The mass of the moon begins expanding at frame 262 and it stops at frame 352 at the very latest. This means the timeframe is 90 frames, or exactly 4 seconds.

This would likely yield 5-A results. Not sure if it's usable.

It seems to go a lot quicker than the manga. The few visual queues regarding the speed in the manga imply it happens over the course of several seconds, while the anime is a few frames. I'm more comfortable with the manga.

AKM sama's opinion:

"Also I wanted to point out that cinematic timing in DB is always slowed down so that the viewers can see what's happening. Like the Krillin vs Roshi fight in DB or the current ToP are some examples. So using the anime timeframe would make more sense as it could still be a lowball due to slowed down time."

Darkanine said:
It seems to go a lot quicker than the manga. The few visual queues regarding the speed in the manga imply it happens over the course of several seconds, while the anime is a few frames. I'm more comfortable with the manga.
This is my opinion. We shoud do a new calc using the manga timeframe.

Anyway, we're not going to use the anime timeframe, but the calculated manga timeframe.

Which is still Low 5-B+++++++++++++++++++++++

In any case, 5-B Raditz will be nigh-inevitable after the calculation gets evaluated.

Technically, our best calculator is Antonio.

But i agree. Darkanine should calc this, since i am currently busy with the Narutoforums blog i promised and can't do it myself.

5-B Raditz and whoever scales if the calc backs it up seems okay by me.

Dbz Saiyan Saga: now you are 5-B, and you are 5-B, everyone is 5-B!!

Android saga: now you are High 4-C, and you are High 4-C, everyone is High 4-C!!!

Buu: same with 4-B.

Dbs: same with 3-A.

Powerlevels are bull****.

Sorry, but this is staff-only. Leave stuff in our walls if you want to give input.

Off-topic, but i'm itching to make a blog proving that Gotenks and Gohan are stronger than Goku in the Buu Saga.

Not sure why. It just clocked after i remembered my nostalgic DBZ battleboard days.

Not really, but there's plenty of stuff implying it.

EDIT: inb4 staff-only ovo

Kepekley23 said:
Off-topic, but i'm itching to make a blog proving that Gotenks and Gohan are stronger than Goku in the Buu Saga.

Not sure why. It just clocked after i remembered my nostalgic DBZ battleboard days.
The fact that you need to prove that is bullshit because it should be blatantly obvious

I know I can't comment here but when they are going to do the calc about Piccolo destroying the moon?.

The 5-B result was accepted. The profiles should be upgraded and this thread closed.

Back