• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

PHAT Metal Gear Rising Verse Upgrades (And some slight speed downgrades)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello just like the title says if this CRT gets accepted were getting some BIG upgrades to Metal Gear Rising Revengeance. But first let me preface the bad, that being the slight speed downgrades.
  • BM = Blade Mode (Accepted as a 2-10X Speed Multiplier)
  • BM+R = Blade Mode plus Ripper Mode (Accepted as always a 10X speed Multiplier)
Okay so the previous values Raiden scaled to was his 568960 m/s or Mach 1658.775510204 (MHS) speed feat of hopping missiles, His custom body would then get a 10 times increase from being unable to hit Sam even in blade mode making Raiden's Custom Body 5689600 m/s or 0.018978c (Sub-Rel). Add on the 2-10X speed boost of BM and 10X Boost of BM+R and we come to a fastest value of 56896000 m/s or 0.189785c (Rel).

HOWEVER, in a recent blog post it was decided that Raiden should only scale to the 2X multiplier of blade mode seeing as you never enter the super slowed time against Sam which would downgrade Raiden a ton. Except the very Blogpost that it was decided in was a re-calc of Raiden's missile hopping feat putting Raiden Patriot body at 2704513.661 m/s or Mach 7884. Here's the Blog in question https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Shmeatywerbenmanjenson/Raiden_Hopscotches_Missiles_Redux

So the new Scaling chain would be this. Raiden's Patriot Body 2704513.661 m/s or Mach 7884 (MHS). Raiden's custom body would scale to 2X that value which is 5409027.322 m/s or 0.018043c (Sub-Rel). Then add the 10X boost that BM and BM+R provides and we gat a final value of 54090273.22 m/s or 0.180426c (Rel)
Overall a very small downgrade.

Now for the big one I created another blog post finding the Kinetic energy of an APC being thrown at Raiden, note that he can survive being hit by it.
That new value he would scale to would be 23.885 Megatons (City Level) And because every other boss in the game is comparable and can hurt Raiden with their attacks they would also scale to that 7-B value.
Blog in question https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Shmeatywerbenmanjenson/Raiden_vs_APC

That's about it.
Discuss

Last edited:
I agree with this, more or less.
I'll add this info to my sandboxes and notes and get footage of Raiden getting smacked by it later on to add (Assuming it's accepted, idk I didn't read the blog, but I linked it to KLOL).

In the mean time do whatever the **** you want with the profile, no point waiting for minor changes like this given it's still some time before the big boy.

I agree with this, more or less.
I'll add this info to my sandboxes and notes and get footage of Raiden getting smacked by it later on to add (Assuming it's accepted, idk I didn't read the blog, but I linked it to KLOL).

In the mean time do whatever the **** you want with the profile, no point waiting for minor changes like this given it's still some time before the big boy.
Id rather wait for some more members to accept it then I will make the cahanges.
Also you just gonna say you have a big revision without posting a link to the sandbox?

Also you just gonna say you have a big revision without posting a link to the sandbox?
Yes. It's like 20+ sandboxes, and they haven't been updated in ages, I've been working on them in like sticky notes and other apps.
I'm at about 4000 clips, over 1000 scans, between guides, interviews, and a bunch of other shit.
Linking sandboxes wouldn't get of a point across a handful of random albums Armor also helping

It's not just MGR, it's the whole ******* verse fyi, MG, MG2, MGS1, Mgs2, MGS3, MGS4, MGSTS, Port Ops, PW, MGR, GZ, V, and probably Ghost Babel because I'm feeling frisky, not Acid or Survive though **** that shit. Been working on it pretty consistently since May 22nd.

Also expect profiles for a lot of the missing dudes (Fatman, Wolf, Raven, Gene, Ursula, etc, Team Profiles for every prominent team as well, Cobra Unit, Sons of Big Boss, DEAD CELL, etc).

Yes. It's like 20+ sandboxes, and they haven't been updated in ages, I've been working on them in like sticky notes and other apps.
I'm at about 4000 clips, over 1000 scans, between guides, interviews, and a bunch of other shit.
Linking sandboxes wouldn't get of a point across a handful of random albums Armor also helping

It's not just MGR, it's the whole ******* verse fyi, MG, MG2, MGS1, Mgs2, MGS3, MGS4, MGSTS, Port Ops, PW, MGR, GZ, V, and probably Ghost Babel because I'm feeling frisky, not Acid or Survive though **** that shit. Been working on it pretty consistently since May 22nd.
Just tell me what it would cap at then?

Also expect profiles for a lot of the missing dudes (Fatman, Wolf, Raven, Gene, Ursula, etc, Team Profiles for every prominent team as well, Cobra Unit, Sons of Big Boss, DEAD CELL, etc).
Did we ever get clips of Snake outpacing the sahalanthropus missles?

Just tell me what it would cap at then?
MGR I think seeing what bisecting the wheel of trash Monsoon tosses might get good, the split is slower than the current boxer calc, but it's also like a dozen of them.

Armstrong also tosses a chunk of Excel's leg, and when it hits Raiden it literally poofs in a puff of smoke, I've been meaning to calc that.

Also some speed stuff. There's also some lines that could implicate a higher value for the carbon nanostuff but it sure as **** wouldn't pump it up to 7-B like these KE calcs so it's a bit useless atm.

Did we ever get clips of Snake outpacing the sahalanthropus missles?
We don't talk about V.
I'm still farming shit to get every online exclusive weapon so I can get footage of them because nobody online has done so. That shit is cranking my ******* utility bill.
Anyway yeah, also footage of him ******* with the Rail Gun (here's him watching it in slow mo for example)

Last edited:
It'd make Old Snake and everyone Rel (They're manually piloting the MG's in that fight).
Which is contradictory to Gray Fox getting hitscanned by that laser, in both MGS1 and TS, among other funny sol weaponry.

But more importantly, I don't think it's actually accurate to what's happening, I've run some tests on that and well, Ray actually does get hit by the beam while it's fading in, but dodges between when the beam fades in and when the hitbox procs, it's a bit fucky.

NOW THIS IS A [[BIG SHOT]] REVISION. I WOULD SAY THAT WE DON'T NEED ANY [[man, woman or child]] OR ANY [[CRTs]] BUT WHO CARES1!!?
I [[signing this document]] FOR THE REASONS [[All of the above]]!1!

Didn't even peep that was Arceus because of the sampton pfp

Btw Blade Wolf and Sam should get their Relativistic ratings with focused Blade Mode or whatever you'd call it

Btw Blade Wolf and Sam should get their Relativistic ratings with focused Blade Mode or whatever you'd call it
Yeah, don't worry Sam and Wolf will get their just deserts. Also Armstrong should also be relativistic actually since he can catch Raiden's blade while in BM+RM when he's trying to stop his healing.

Also Khamsin gets a 7-B rating as well
raiden.png

... Sweet, MGR is getting an upgrade. Probably have more than enough agrees, but I wish for it to be known that I agree with this CRT as well.

Wonder who will make the first 7-B MGR match, and with which character... Not Sam or Raiden, obviously. Speed blitz and dura-negating blades ensure that, more or less.

Hmm, actually thinking on it, there's a slight caveat to these types of feats, not that it'd ever matter when it comes to the big 3 but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back