• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

PHAT Metal Gear Rising Verse Upgrades (And some slight speed downgrades)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FREEDOM IS CALLING
TO ALL ME WHO BEND THEIR WILL
Screen-Shot-2021-10-15-at-10.35.06-AM-900x504.png
HERE I AM
DIRTY AND FACELESS
WATING TO HEAD YOUR INSTRUCTION

anyways the math seems to check out for the speed, accepted calc = good
agreed
Wonder who will make the first 7-B MGR match, and with which character... Not Sam or Raiden, obviously. Speed blitz and dura-negating blades ensure that, more or less.
reminder that pretty much everyone has HF blades in mgr so that dura neg is everywhere
armstrong is the only fair one funny enough, so maybe I'll do armstrong vs half monster garou or something
Feed Darkshine to Armstrong
poor darkshine has literally no meaningul abilities and scales to a lower value, it'd be a slaughter

just like
contact KLOL or something idk

i would but I've already been bothering the **** outta him getting your calcs eval'd in the first place

1. Agree, 7-B Raiden FTW.

2. While Ripper Mode Raiden, Monsoon, and Armstrong absolutely scale to the 23.885 megaton value, shouldn't Base Raiden and those who scale to him (Sam, Blade Wolf, etc.) downscale to Baseline 7-B (6.3 megatons) since Raiden did this feat in Ripper Mode?

2. While Ripper Mode Raiden, Monsoon, and Armstrong absolutely scale to the 23.885 megaton value, shouldn't Base Raiden and those who scale to him (Sam, Blade Wolf, etc.) downscale to Baseline 7-B (6.3 megatons) since Raiden did this feat in Ripper Mode?
Why would they be baseline?

Because they'd downscale from Armstrong and such.

Sam and Base Raiden took hits from Armstrong but got badly overpowered.

Raiden needed Ripper Mode to fight Armstrong evenly.
Downscaling from a value doesn't make you baseline 7-B tho. They simply downscale from that value.

Plus base Raiden overpowered Armstrong at one point, tanked multiple hits from him, and we know Jetstream Sam even gained the upperhand over Armstrong. "Badly overpowered" is an exaggeration

While it's true they should downscale, they shouldn't downscale by that much. Ripper mode is not a durability increase, only a speed and power increase. Also note that the speed and power increase is not that significant (At least power). Base Raiden was already able to somewhat put up a fight in hand to hand with Armstrong, putting ripper mode somewhere around a 2X increase (He struggled to hold back Armstrong's fist with both hands before)

reminder that base raiden was still able to damage armstrong via punches eventually, and was basically 99:101 with his lifting strength for the entire fight

reminder that base raiden was still able to damage armstrong via punches eventually, and was basically 99:101 with his lifting strength for the entire fight
No, unfortunately this wiki says that Raiden used Ripper Mode during the entire final part of the Armstrong fight

Eh, it was really more one sided than that. Army was overpowering Raiden at every twist and turn. It was clear they weren't equals until RM

No, unfortunately this wiki says that Raiden used Ripper Mode during the entire final part of the Armstrong fight
uh
since when?
Wait, is Monsoon considered far above Sam?
easily
only wind of destruction to fight raiden in 100% ripper mode, and also the only one that's able to dodge blade ripper mode easily
  • sam's boss fight is even easier than sundowner I'm not gonna lie
  • Sam refers to monsoon as "the boss" meaning he ranks higher than him in desperado
funny enough, I believe this also means he scales above the metal gear EXCELSUS

That's not hard

And well, this is sad. I was planing to create a match between Sam and Monsoon
only partially related but
to speedrun sam's fight on revengeance you just do a ripper mode perfect parry and 70% of his healthbar completely disappears, and then you kill him
it's quite funny how powerful monsoon is (in-game) when you think about this
that being said, it would probably be a stomp since sam doesn't have emp grenades to counter that magnetic dodge

I mean, the codec guys literally say during the first round against Armstrong that one hit could kill Raiden

Besides, even if base scales to the 23.8 megaton attack, it's not like Ripper Mode has any known AP multiplier.

I mean, the codec guys literally say during the first round against Armstrong that one hit could kill Raiden

Besides, even if base scales to the 23.8 megaton attack, it's not like Ripper Mode has any known AP multiplier.
That's kinda debunked as soon as we see Armstrong beat the ever-living shit out of Raiden and he still is alive

That's kinda debunked as soon as we see Armstrong beat the ever-living shit out of Raiden and he still is alive
Fair.

I still think that, unless we eventually decide that Raiden wasn't Ripper Mode for the entire final round against Armstrong, he should downscale to Baseline 7-B since downscaling is when you take hits from and slightly damage someone but are still clearly inferior.

Fair.

I still think that, unless we eventually decide that Raiden wasn't Ripper Mode for the entire final round against Armstrong, he should downscale to Baseline 7-B since downscaling is when you take hits from and slightly damage someone but are still clearly inferior.
Nah, Ripper mode does not change durability

It wouldn't downscale to baseline
That's the rule for downscaling unless the value is WAAAAAY above Baseline.

For example, if a character was 1 exaton and someone downscaled from him, they wouldn't downscale all the way to 4.435 petatons so instead they'd be below 1 exaton by an unknown amount.

And considering how badly Raiden got whooped by Armstrong, him being 1/4 of the Ripper Mode Value makes sense.

That's the rule for downscaling unless the value is WAAAAAY above Baseline.

For example, if a character was 1 exaton and someone downscaled from him, they wouldn't downscale all the way to 4.435 petatons so instead they'd be below 1 exaton by an unknown amount.

And considering how badly Raiden got whooped by Armstrong, him being 1/4 of the Ripper Mode Value makes sense.
I just got done proving that ripper mode is not even a 2 times increase. Jetstream Sam can harm Raiden with his physical blows, so they should not downscale

His AP downscales, but how much is unquantifiable.
it doesn't have to be baseline, but it's also not 1:1 with the calc. So something must be done to account for this.

"At most 7-B, 7-B with Ripper Mode".
At most not because his maximum is 7-B barely, but just that his base form's AP is at most below the calc might work.

Alternatively we could do like

"7-B, 7-B in Ripper Mode", and just explain why, though that might be a tad redundant given it's 7-B twice.

Alternatively again

"7-B (Downscales blah blah), higher with Ripper Mode (Calc value)"
Though this last one could be a tad misleading as the "higher" is just 7-B, but it's also technically not wrong.

You could be absolutely ******* insane and rate Ripper Mode first, and then make use of the barely used "lower" term.
"7-B in Ripper Mode, lower in base".

But you have to figure out something, because the calc must be linked in his AP section, and it has to be explained that Ripper Mode is stronger (Guide states in RM he does "far greater damage" and "can instantly kill weaker enemies"; Gameplay wise it's about a 7x increase funnily enough, but the number isn't stated so we don't use that), while rating both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back