• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I made a calc regarding P4 and P4G characters to upgrade them beyond 7-C, and it was approaved of by a calc member, and Antvasima, who told me to create this revision thread for it.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Muhammedmco/Persona_4_Golden_-_Draining_Fog

It's about Kusumi-no-Okami's attack: Draining Fog, which creates a huge black hole that sucks everything around it.

This attack is legit in the anime, and i'm planning to make a redo of this calc, but using the anime version in the near future.

Thoughts?

I mean, honestly... it seems a bit outlierish, especially since the pre-Late Game characters in Persona have always consistently had tier 7 feats at best. But the calc itself seems reasonable, and apart from that one concern I don't see many problems. It would be good to get Solacis' and Dragonmaster's input here.

DarkGrath said:
I mean, honestly... it seems a bit outlierish, especially since the pre-Late Game characters in Persona have always consistently had tier 7 feats at best. But the calc itself seems reasonable, and apart from that one concern I don't see many problems. It would be good to get Solacis' and Dragonmaster's input here.
It can't be outlierish, since Kusumi-no-Okami was fought after Ameno-Sagiri, where the 7-C rating was due to Adachi taking control of a replica of Inaba town as Magatsu Mandala in the TV world, and Adachi was possessed by Ameno-Sagiri shortly after being defeated by Yu and his friends.

The black hole that Marie made was shown in the anime as well, so it's no outlier.

But yeah. We should get Solacis and Dragonmastrrxyz for this.

I don't see anything wrong with this being used for Late Game Persona 4 stats.

It also seems strange to call this an outlier when they previously jumped straight from 7-C to Low 2-C for the final boss.

Yeah, that's fair. In that case, it all seems reasonable to me.

What evidence do we have to even call this a legitimate black hole? Light doesn't get caught in it, the characters aren't remotely affected by it, it appears and disappears too slowly to imply that its gravitational field expands/contracts at the speed of light, and there isn't a single statement that even refers to it as such.

It's black, it's circular, and it sucks things up. Those are the only things supporting the idea of it being a black hole. But those things also apply to the end of a vacuum cleaner with its nozzle removed.

While it'd be great having the P4 crew higher than 7-C, unless the anime's version displays more attributes inherent to an actual black hole, this feat is invalid.

It was sucking fog and other things, the characters were able to resist being pulled by it, and in the anime, it does catch light in it, and it also appeared for a great deal of time, but it sucked the magical energy of the characters as well.

Just checked it out on KA. Definitely not a black hole.

Light is still escaping it. It sucking in magic isn't relevant. Kanji's attack managed to hit it, when a black hole would have just sucked the whole thing up instead of just the resulting explosion. It's sucking up plating on the walls and floors, nothing else. It's sucking in some things, but apparently also emitting winds that's throwing up dust all over the place.

They weren't even resisting being pulled by it. They just flat-out weren't being pulled. Their hair didn't so much as flutter, and the moment they fell unconscious, when their "resistance" should have dropped, they just fell down instead of getting pulled in. Yeah, no. Not a black hole at all.

A real black hole would've had at least one of these things going on:

1. Light being unable to escape it.

2. Strong enough gravity that it should be pulling in practically everything in its AOE.

3. A supporting statement made by an unbiased and trustworthy source of in-universe information.

None of which is present in this case.

Back