• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, I strongly advocate making a consistent effort to maintain a friendly and respectful atmosphere here, but despite working extremely hard to be of help to the community, I also occasionally make serious mistakes. There are limits to how much that can be demanded of us.

Last edited:
is actually proven by Yaldabaoth merging Mementos (a Low 2-C structure) with the universe, as to which Mementos is a Palace. Since Palace’s are reflections of the real world, it should also go to show that it’ll extend past the observable universe. It isn’t the first time Cognition has created entirely new space-times, as Maki created another world via her own will, and Maruki created a new one based on the desires of the Phantom Thieves, etc.
Hm. Sounds fair enough, I suppose it'd be strange if we assumed their view of the world just didn't acknowledge space and time for some reason.

It's because all of existence depends on the existence of the CU. The destruction of the CU would mean the destruction of the concepts that make up the physical world, since the physical world became a subset of the CU the moment the CU was formed. The destruction of the CU being synonymous with the destruction of the physical world is also outright stated by Virochana in a scan I posted earlier in this thread. Gimme a sec to find it.
That just seems to be Virochana explaining the concept of Brahman, though. The whole game being reduced to nothingness if you refuse to acknowledge the Self as existent seems like an interesting point, but can you explain how this relates to the aforementioned statement about the Collective Unconscious? I am not exactly very knowledgeable on Persona.

Hm. Sounds fair enough, I suppose it'd be strange if we assumed their view of the world just didn't acknowledge space and time for some reason.

That just seems to be Virochana explaining the concept of Brahman, though. The whole game being reduced to nothingness if you refuse to acknowledge the Self as existent seems like an interesting point, but can you explain how this relates to the aforementioned statement about the Collective Unconscious? I am not exactly very knowledgeable on Persona.
Let me try to explain.

The Collective Unconscious is the source of everything, retroactively existing before anything, even before sentient life, despite being created by human minds. There are countless physical worlds, as there are countless mental worlds. This is elaborated by Maruki saying everyone has a cognitive world, with no exception. Yusuke confirms this. The CU holds these countless mental worlds, as said by Maki.

So, there’s two reasons why we say Umr is 2-B:

Umr passively sustains all of these countless physical AND mental realities, without fail, casually.

Why we say this leads to the destruction of everything, as due to Atman (soul). The human soul is credited to the power to created and warp reality. Philemon says this power also created the CU. Another interpretation of the scan. Morgana also says the world is made of cognition. The word “thy heart” is constantly used to refer to their individual universal consciousness, such as Lucifer. So, when Zula says will lose all “human knowledge”, and “lose their individual consciousness”, that refers the CU itself, and every reality, physical and cognitive. Since the CU is the collective of all consciousness, every individual destruction would lead to its destruction entirely which is already proven to exist in the CU.

Last edited:
You do know no one else can actually see these discord images your linking

Well, I would prefer another comment from @Dargoo_Faust first, in order to make certain. Is it fine if we wait a bit on him first?

Well, you’re the boss, can’t really disagree if you want more input, like Sol said this is really just semantics & interpretation instead of arguing logic.

I don't feel or behave like a boss. I am almost exclusively doing maintenance, organisation, and mediation work, and constantly trying to help out the members here in different ways.

Last edited:
Anyway, I will send a message to Dargoo, to ask him to help out a bit here.

Okay. Noted, but I am too busy to be able to evaluate complicated issues well, so I usually rely on the other staff members for that, unless it is something straightforward or that I know reasonably much about.

As I keep telling people, I am not a debater. I mainly do continuous maintenance work, which is also very crucial for the community to function properly. The people who get mad at me for that miss the point that it is just as pointless to get mad at an accountant for not being a doctor and vice versa.

Just musing in general mind you, so do not take this as directed at you.

I sent a private message to Dargoo earlier today, but if he is taking a break from the forum, I suppose that what has been agreed here can probably be applied.

I mean it says when you were last seen when you click on someone’s icon.
So Dargoo was last seen an hour ago, so perhaps he isn’t taking a break and who ever said that was mistaken (or talking about dragon.)

Yes you can, unless Dargoo wants to talk a bit more about it.

Please remember to carefully read through and follow the instructions in our Common Editing Mistakes page, so no badly structured edits are made, and extensive cleanup work will not be necessary.

If you change the statistics for any characters, also remember to update the tier categories at the bottoms of the profile pages.

This can be closed, shows over.

tumblr_pxm0tgfhgc1we6z1vo1_540.gifv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back