• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pearl (Steven Universe) downgrade.

Doesn't he? I'm not an expert, but I would give this pilot subsonic reaction speed. Why wouldn't you?

Jinx666 said:
Pearl is a gem.
Air pilot is a human

Gems > Humans Overall
Only because Pearl is not human, it doesn't mean that we cannot apply the same logic with her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP9S6qmkekg

Also, if she had trully Relativistic+ (in both combat speed and reaction time) then she would had been capable to dogde all the asteroids? Because neither her or the other Crystal Gems where able to react to the initial asteroids that hit the ship (2:46).

And Pearl wasn't pilot the ship with her own eyes alone, she was directly connected/interface with the commands of the ship (3:00).

This without take account the fact that still there are many occassions in fiction where a pilot (non-human or not) was able to pilot a spaceship at extreme high speed, but nearly most of them are not valid feats.

She wasnt piloting when the ship hit those first asteroids

Her commands still required reactions as she needed to know what to command to

Nearly most of them. Nothing disproves Relavistic feats, its not like Starfox where the crew reacts to far less, that argument isnt valid. Gems are ok with it since theyre confirmed > Humans by quite a massive margin in every category.

And this human who drove a subsonic jet didnt really do much maneuvering through asteroids, unlike Pearl

Jinx666 said:
She wasnt piloting when the ship hit those first asteroids
Her commands still required reactions as she needed to know what to command to

Nearly most of them. Nothing disproves Relavistic feats, its not like Starfox where the crew reacts to far less, that argument isnt valid. Gems are ok with it since theyre confirmed > Humans by quite a massive margin in every category.

And this human who drove a subsonic jet didnt really do much maneuvering through asteroids, unlike Pearl
She would had still be able to move, take over the commands and dodge those asteroids if she was that fast, especially when those asteroids in question where in front of her, which contradict the feat.

And the "she wasn't piloting" argument is not valid, she is the one who was piloting the ship from the beginning and she was still in the the steering when the ship reach the asteroid field.

There is nothing to disprove, because this is not a valid feat.

You may be right about that human in real life, but what about all the other examples in fiction?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvJDItC6tE0

As the example above show, Han Solo was able to pilot his Millennium Falcon through an asteroid field in the tentative of escape the Empire.

If we start to use your logic, then i guess that Han Solo is now Massively Hypersonic in combat speed and reaction time? As we see that he was able to maneuver his ship through asteroids just as much as Pearl.

And keep in mind that is a low end, as he was try to outrunning TIE Fighters, and just make you know that most Star Wars's spaceships should be able to move at Sub-Relativistic speed even without hyperspace.

Hell, what about the time in The Force Awaken where he was able to activate and deactivate in time the hyperspace to reach Starkiller Base, with your logic i must guess that Han Solo had MFTL+ speed now?

And even if the feat is valid, it wouldn't just limited to the reaction time? As Pearl hasn't trully move her body at those speed in that scene.

I think that there seems to be a valid point here. I will highlight the thread for more input.

I already mentioned in the other thread why upgrading reactions based on this is a bad idea. Especially considering we now have explicit mention that Gems' bodies cannot go FTL, so being this high up there based on such a vague feat is off.

This is the sort of thing that's generally a case-by-case basis, depending on what they navigated, and where. Tighter, more restrictive conditions, in conjunction with faster crafts, naturally require greater reactions, and vice versa. It probably wouldn't hurt for someone to calc it...?

The red eye is barely larger than Amethyst so the current calculation is very wrong. Even the calculator admits the calculation is very inflationary.

Lapis's High 6-A feat happens in a future which did not occur. So scaling it to anyone else is wrong, and rating Lapis from the feat is questionable.

Hop kind of agrees, and thinks there is a portion of reason in this thread we should consider looking at. But knowing here it will be over before Hop is ready to discuss. Hop will just say undecided on the downgrade for now, but we should revise some of the stats of the characters.

So, do the rest of the staff support a downgrade? And if so, to what?

@Ant If the downgrade goes through they'll just go back to being MHS like they were before

Actually, did that Sub-Rel feat that was brought up ever get looked at?

We should only count the Gems speed feats based on their actual movements, and not count speed/reaction feats on vehicles/ships and stuff.

This is because even if the ship that said pilot is on is moving at Relativistic+ speeds (I believe that was how fast the ship was moving), said pilots movement/reactions may not always be Relativistic+ depending on how far objects in front of the ship itself were in question he/she started to dodge it.

WeeklyBattles said:
Then the size is inconsistent so it can't be used at all. Did you look at the link i provided?

Here is is again, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuShbfj-SfA.

I recall there being something shaky about Lapis's feat, was it from a premonition or something?

@Doc Yes i did, they showed Amethyst hitting it one time and being slightly smaller as opposed to literally every other appearance it made in which it was shown to be absolutely massive in comparison to everything else.

I agree with Lina about that it seems better to gauge them from their actual movement speeds.

@Doc Yes it is, and in the same episode there are multiple showings of the Red eye being absolutely massive

Pearl having those reactions due only piloting a ship sound odd for me too, but that is something that I already said in the previous thread.

@Weekly and @Doc, I should suggest that doing pixel scaling in SU is pretty bad idea, remember when Steven was able to stand the table without a chair, or when Y. Pearl reached YD's knee and weren't smaller than her hand?

Antoniofer said:
Pearl having those reactions due only piloting a ship sound odd for me too, but that is something that I already said in the previous thread.
@Weekly and @Doc, I should suggest that doing pixel scaling in SU is pretty bad idea, remember when Steven was able to stand the table without a chair, or when Y. Pearl reached YD's knee and weren't smaller than her hand?
Agreed, size is very inconsistent in SU. Hence we cannot use the red eye feat.

ˆNot sure about that, that the only feat that support gems stats, and the red eye only appeared in one episode... its a lame that SU can't be consistent in one single episode; if any, would need to consult with Xcano.

DocAnimeTheory said:
Lapis's High 6-A feat happens in a future which did not occur. So scaling it to anyone else is wrong, and rating Lapis from the feat is questionable.
Wait, Lapis's feat happen in a future?

Not sure where that "alternative future" come from, but is fake, that happen in canon; Lapis is High 6-A with enviromental destruction. However, Aiden wanted to recalc that feat.

I guess he's referring to Lapis potential as a planet terraformer? That's the only "Alternative Future" thing I can think of, really, unless something happens in the comics I'm not aware of.

I also think using the Red Eye feat is fine. Math seemed fine last I checked. Really, the only other decent feat the Crystal Gems have is Garnets City Feat in Season 1.

@Paulo Oooooooh lol i forgot that was a thing that happened. But just because he traveled to the future doesnt mean it happened exclusively in an alternate timeline. Especially since, again, the events of Ocean Gem are brought up later in the show.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Paulo Oooooooh lol i forgot that was a thing that happened. But just because he traveled to the future doesnt mean it happened exclusively in an alternate timeline. Especially since, again, the events of Ocean Gem are brought up later in the show.
Yeah, I know, I think that guy saw the scene out of context.

Antoniofer said:
ˆNot sure about that, that the only feat that support gems stats, and the red eye only appeared in one episode... its a lame that SU can't be consistent in one single episode; if any, would need to consult with Xcano.
I'm surprised we used it at all since I said I was calc'ing getting the highest possible interpretation of the feat just to prove that it definitely wasn't Country level.

"Granted, my assumption here is also inflationary, but it is the only way I can think of to properly scale the Red Eye."

Seeing as this has been a common controversy across various verses like Star Wars and Star Trek we shouldn't gauge combat eactions this way unless they're actually in the ship during the battle. As for the gems, we need to look at their individual feats and what we know such as they're made of Pure Light that is Always being emitted from their gemstones this is proven when they achieve FTL Speed in their ships and their body projections are left in the back deflecting bv being not able to keep up Steven didnt have this problem since he is only a half gem and actually overpowered it meaning he must've been able to move faster than the ship I believe. (Season 4 Episode 12 )

But looking at feats we have Garnet casually deflecting lightning bolts (Cloud to Ground), The Crystal Gems dodging light beams , doding Peridots Energy atttacks.

Back