• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Leon Kuwata Speed Downgrade

Leon is listed as High Hypersonic, but I don't think there's any way that's true. My reasoning being questioning the reasoning, logic, statements from the verse, and the storyline from the first class trial in Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc.

First off, the reasoning is weak. In fact, I don't even think it exists. He's said to be "comparable to Mondo Owada". However, I can't think of any time he's shown to be comparable to Mondo Owada. There's not even a link to evidence supporting him being comparable to Mondo. The only thing I could think of is Danganronpa IF when all the students are fighting Monokuma's. But Leon literally just throws a glass ball at a Monokuma. As a bonus, the ball he throws at Monokuma is confirmed to have hit at 105 mph, which is subsonic.

To add to my reasoning, if Leon only throws at Subsonic speeds, why would it make any sense for his combat speed to be High Hypersonic? And this is consistent. At stated on his page, he is confirmed to throw at 160 km/h, which is about 99 mph. Obviously he throws a bit faster for combat, but not High Hypersonic. It wouldn't make sense for his combat speed to be above his throwing speed, especially not that much higher.

Even more reasoning is the fact that Sayaka and Leon had a close fight. Sayaka hesitated to kill Leon, which gave him the opportunity to grab a sword. So when they fought, he had a sword, and she had a knife.

As pointed out in the trial, Leon didn't easily kill Sayaka, they had a close fight. However, this couldn't be possible if Leon has High Hypersonic combat speed. If he was that fast while Sayaka was only Superhuman, and he had a weapon with more range, there wouldn't have been a struggle. But there were scratch marks all over the walls. So Sayaka and Leon have comparable combat speed. If Leon has High Hypersonic combat speed, Sayaka does too. But I don't think either of them do.

To support my statement, here's another bit of canon information

As we see here, Sayaka is outrunning Leon. Leon is barely faster than Makoto. Sure running speed isn't everything, but if Sayaka is more fit than Leon, and Leon is barely more fit than Makoto. we have absolutely no reason to believe Leon has High Hypersonic combat speed. Also, this scaling makes sense, as Leon just bats really well. He doesn't attend practice, so we have no reason to believe he's super physically fit. And we see that with him being on par with Makoto in a race.

To conclude, I think he should be downgraded to Superhuman, and you could probably move his lifting strength to Above Average Human for the same reasons.

Last edited:
If the only evidence for High Hypersonic Leon is that he could catch Monokuma off-guard with a confirmed Subsonic Speed ball, then yeah
Agree. Seems pretty straightforward

If the only evidence for High Hypersonic Leon is that he could catch Monokuma off-guard with a confirmed Subsonic Speed ball, then yeah
What about with his lifting strength? I can understand Hina being athletic human, as she lifted something Makoto and Ryota together couldn't, meaning she can lift at least 186 kg. But with Leon, there's no reasoning for why he's listed as athletic human. I feel they probably put him there since he's an athlete, but again, he just bats really well. He doesn't attend practice, so there's no reason to believe he has that high of lifting strength. Unless maybe you take his batting speed, but I don't think that's applicable to lifting strength

Agreed.

What about with his lifting strength? I can understand Hina being athletic human, as she lifted something Makoto and Ryota together couldn't, meaning she can lift at least 186 kg. But with Leon, there's no reasoning for why he's listed as athletic human. I feel they probably put him there since he's an athlete, but again, he just bats really well. He doesn't attend practice, so there's no reason to believe he has that high of lifting strength. Unless maybe you take his batting speed, but I don't think that's applicable to lifting strength
If that's the case, he would probably get downgraded to Above Average Human, where most Danganronpa characters are at.

Back