• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pearl (Steven Universe) downgrade.

Okay. Thank you for the help. What do you think about the calculations that WeeklyBattles posted?

I do not have many arguments for any of TTGL's calcs that Weekly posted. Just roll them into the relevant profiles in question.

Lapis Lazuli's calc seems interesting, however. 20+ exatons worth of TNT? Jesus christ.

According to Azzy Endless Mike did a thing so the 20+ Exaton calc isnt accepted

And since theyre keeping their Rel+ speed the volleyball calc is basically useless now lol

And we reeeeeeally need to have that warship durability calc looked at because if it gets accepted its a full-scale verse upgrade to Country level

Personally Relativistic+ should only be apply to her reaction time, and not to combat speed or short burst speed.

As Pearl hasn't move her body at relativistic speed, but only react at objects while piloting a ship that was moving at relativistic speed.

WeeklyBattles said:
According to Azzy Endless Mike did a thing so the 20+ Exaton calc isnt accepted
And since theyre keeping their Rel+ speed the volleyball calc is basically useless now lol

And we reeeeeeally need to have that warship durability calc looked at because if it gets accepted its a full-scale verse upgrade to Country level
I am also iffy on the Gem Warship calc. Notably in that they use one 2 second long scene that had much, much higher speed than any other shot.

This shot vs. this shot basically. First one has it moving at fractions of lightspeed and then it seems to slow down to not-even-hypersonic speed once it hits atmosphere. The fact the mountain and everything around it wasn't instantly annihilated doesn't really help much either but I guess you could chalk that up to AP.

I mean, drag is a thing. While lightspeed is still ridiculous, it would slow down considerably. Which is also a reason to use the one where the impact is happening

WeeklyBattles said:
It scales to combat speed because there are characters who can and have easily tagged her.
If all the other gems have the same level of reaction time or even higher, then they still would be able to tagged her, even if they aren't able to move at relativistic speed.

What you suggest it could only work if for some reason Pearl is the only one who had that level of reaction time while everyone else not, but that don't make sense.

Exactly, hence why its just reactions and combat speed, they arent running around at Relativistic+ speeds, theyre just fighting at those speeds.

WeeklyBattles said:
Exactly, hence why its just reactions and combat speed, they arent running around at Relativistic+ speeds, theyre just fighting at those speeds.
Combat speed would imply that those characters are actually capable to move their bodies at Relativistic+ speed, which is not the case.

Pearl's feat was only about her capacity of reacting at those speeds and not about running/fighting/moving at those speeds.

Gems can land hits on eachother, meaning they can hit before the reactions and since they all mostly have Relavistic Speeds, they scale

Jinx666 said:
Gems can land hits on eachother, meaning they can hit before the reactions and since they all mostly have Relavistic Speeds, they scale
Again, if all the other Gems have also similar level of reaction time and higher, then they wouldn't necessary need to had Relativistic speed too to land a hit on Pearl, as they already match (or suprass, depending on the character) both her combat speed and reaction time.

This could only had sense if for some reason Pearl is the only character in the series with Relativistic+ reaction time, while everyone else compensate with only their combat speed, but this don't make sense.

If Pearl can react to Relativistic+ attacks (the meteorites) from extremely close range and dodge them without much difficulty. However other characters can easily land their punches/kicks on Pearl, then they have Relativistic+ combat speed as well.

If you are able to move fast enough to dodge an object coming to you at Relativistic+ speeds, your reactions would scale to that.

• Ex: You dodge a painball round at a close distance (1 or 2 metres away), so your reactions would scale to that.
Considering how close that rock was to the Gem spaceship before Pearl dodged it, I don't see why Pearl would not have Relativistic+ reaction/short burst speed, as she had to manually adjust the ship quickly enough for said ship to dodge said asteroid coming at that speed.

Said ship was not on autopilot so Pearl actually had to steer the thing to get the ship to move.

By the way, since every other gem should be comparable, or greater than Pearl, their reactions and general speed should scale. Mostly what Ryukama said.

Pearl can dodge the meteorites, so, she could dodge anything that is slower than the meteorites, so, if there is some attack that Pearl can't dodge, this attack must be at least as fast as the meteorites.

Lina Shields said:
Wait. There is something particular about that Relativistic feat, particularly shown from this gif here.
Q1K4PY
That rock/asteroid thing was incredibly close to the ship before Pearl steered that ship away from it. This would mean that Pearl could at least see and react to Relativistic+ objects coming at close range.

But who knows, I'm not even sure if the Relativistic+ calc for this is even right in the first place considering the method he did for angsizing doesn't match ours.

But she could still see them coming from a ways away..

Yeah that's a good point, especially when you factor in the size of the ship to the asteroids themselves. Its like being in a mech. Sure both of you are subsonic technically, but size in factor. the scaling from that small point makes little sense IMO.

Someone give me a way to download that specific episode, and I'll find a way to re-calc that spaceship feat.

However, it is still a massive stretch to say that you can only move at Massively Hypersonic when you can actually perceive those meteors coming at much, much higher speeds.

Look at how close said meteor was when Pearl actually started to steer ship/dodge them is the question here.

I would imagine some characters in the Steven Universe need to be re-scaled from this? Ruby and Eyeball need to be re-scaled from this because they crashed into said spaceship moving at Relativistic speeds.

Which reminds me, how much do Ruby/Eyeball weight anyways?

Ryukama said:
If Pearl can react to Relativistic+ attacks (the meteorites) from extremely close range and dodge them without much difficulty. However other characters can easily land their punches/kicks on Pearl, then they have Relativistic+ combat speed as well.
But those characters have also similar reaction time (and even higher), so they wouldn't trully need to had Relativistic+ combat speed for hit her, because their reaction time already match the one of Pearl so they would simply need to react just as fast or even faster than the latter for hit her, but they wouldn't necessary need to actually move that speed.

Sorry to said, but i don't see how for outspeed a character with Relativistic+ reaction time, you will necessary need to move Relativistic+ combat speed.

Example, do you think that for outspeed Spiderman in combat you will need a character that moves just fast as his precognition/spider-sense/reaction time (which is about Relativistic)?

No, you will not necessary need a character that move that fast, a Sub-Relativistic character could probably outspeed him (as Spidey is only Massively Hypersonic in combat), that character may not be able to hit him all the time due of spider-sense, but it would be still be faster than Spiderman.

Combat Speed is how fast a character can fight. As in throwing punches and kicks.

Reaction Speed is rated as how fast a character can react to something.

Even if other characters have faster reactions than Pearl, if their attacks are vastly slower than what Pearl can easily dodge, they would not be able to land on Pearl.

If Pearl is easily able to dodge Relativistic+ attacks from close range, and another character can throw a punch too fast for Pearl to react to. Then that person's punch would be Relativistic+. Relativistic+ attacks are something Pearl can dodge without difficulty, yet other character's attacks are too fast for Pearl to react to. Therefore those characters' attacks should be faster than or at least comparable to the Relativistic+ attacks that aren't too fast for Pearl.

This is specified in the Reactions page as well.

"If character A can blitz character B, A's movement speed may be scaled to B's reaction speed."

According to the calc that I posted above, they may be slightly downgraded to Relativistic speed now. I have the video for that asteroid thing with me, so I will show you how close said asteroid was.

Either way, I can tell you that their speed is not going to be changing, that's for sure (Although the term "Likely" may be added in front of their speed)

Back