• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pearl (Steven Universe) downgrade.

@Nibb Those aren't beams of light Peridot is shooting, they come out in bolts not steams.

Nibbler3100 said:
But looking at feats we have Garnet casually deflecting lightning bolts (Cloud to Ground), The Crystal Gems dodging light beams , doding Peridots Energy atttacks.
Unless there is a evidence that prove that those beams and Peridot's energy blasts moves at LS, then they are not valid LS - FTL feats.

Yes, the show already put a hard cap on their top speed. It's why Lapis's travel speed was downgraded.

Nibbler3100 said:
Seeing as this has been a common controversy across various verses like Star Wars and Star Trek we shouldn't gauge combat eactions this way unless they're actually in the ship during the battle. As for the gems, we need to look at their individual feats and what we know such as they're made of Pure Light that is Always being emitted from their gemstones this is proven when they achieve FTL Speed in their ships and their body projections are left in the back deflecting bv being not able to keep up Steven didnt have this problem since he is only a half gem and actually overpowered it meaning he must've been able to move faster than the ship I believe. (Season 4 Episode 12 )
I don't think that is the case, as people inside a ship do experience a different flow of time at FTL speed.

Which is back up by the fact that FTL speed in SU is more based to the laws of physics in real life (we see that the bodies of Gems, which are made of light, cannot keep up with the ship when it go at hyperspace).

Paulo.junior.969 said:
How does Steven even see anything while the ship is moving at faster than light speed?
iirc, Steven weren't seeing anything outside the ship when it were traveling ftl, the ship interface is what he was seeing. He saw the meteorites, but they weren't traveling ftl at that moment.

So, should we downgrade the gem speeds, and does anybody have a link to the calculation of the value that we should use instead?

So, which of the following characters scale to this? Just list the characters here and their speeds will be adjusted shortly.

Lina Shields said:
So, which of the following characters scale to this? Just list the characters here and their speeds will be adjusted shortly.
Every SU character with relativistic speed?

^Pretty much this. All the Gems besides base Peridot, who only scales with her Limb Enhancers, all the fusions, Lion, Holo-Pearl, and Connie

All you'd really have to do is revert the edit that changed them to Rel+

WeeklyBattles said:
^Pretty much this. All the Gems besides base Peridot, who only scales with her Limb Enhancers, all the fusions, Lion, Holo-Pearl, and Connie
All you'd really have to do is revert the edit that changed them to Rel+
Idk about Lion

Wasnt he able to react to the desert glass that gave the gems trouble.

Wait. There is something particular about that Relativistic feat, particularly shown from this gif here.

Q1K4PY
That rock/asteroid thing was incredibly close to the ship before Pearl steered that ship away from it. This would mean that Pearl could at least see and react to Relativistic+ objects coming at close range.

But who knows, I'm not even sure if the Relativistic+ calc for this is even right in the first place considering the method he did for angsizing doesn't match ours.

I am not part of staff, but I wanted to know why almost all the steven universe cast got Relativistic+ speed rating

It seems like a stretch to me, the only speed feat that I can think off is when garnet blocked a lightning bolt from hitting steven in the episode with future vision.

I love steven universe, actually finished it recently, but I just feel like that the calc might be fundamentally flawed.

Is there any other calc on the meteor thing that someone can point too?

Lina Shields said:
@KinkiestSins: Apparently from this calc here. Basically, from this calc, the ship was moving away from Earth at Relativistic+ speeds.
Took a look at it, but wouldnt this only scale off reaction time?

It doesnt apply to Pearl with Combat Speed or Shortburst speed.

It seems like to me a good middleground would be Relavistic+ reaction time

At least the AP for everyone in SU doesn't need to be downgraded I think.

If you can react quickly enough to an object that is moving at Relativistic+, and said object is at very close range before you react to it, it's safe to say that your reactions are Relativistic+, even if it is to a lower degree.

So should the feat be recalced and applied? And wouldnt it scale to Combat Speed as there are characters who can easily tag Pearl?

I do not think any downgrade is necessary, based from what I have seen, no. Which reminds me, I should change the speed settings for Garnet back to where it was.

Nah a downgrade isnt necessary but the feat should probably still be recalced just for the sake of accuracy, like Lina said the method used in the calculation is different from the methods we use here.

For the first Lapis calc, I think EM addressed why using total KE doesn't apply in this case.

Second calc is still High 6-A.

IDK about the third calc.

The last one seems to be good for showing the consistency of MHS.

Oh, okay, nvm on that one then.

Good for consistency I guess?

lol yeah i was surprised at it too, that one may need some deeper evaluation.

Indeed, its a calc of the one I did (or tried to do lol) for the same feat, just a bit lower, but still consistent with their MHS showings. But from the looks of it theyre probably staying at Rel+.

@Weekly: It seems that upon further checking, the calc we have for Relativistic+ Pearl seems correct, so their speed stays the way it is.

Now, about the rest of the calcs you posted. Those calcs are useful.

Okay, a new calculation seems appropriate then.

Back