• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pathways into the Light RP Beta Test Registration thread

I have decided to be a good Developer and communicate with my playerbase.

I have finished all Class advancements but the priest(Technically, the Mage Paths arent 100% done but thats because I have to write up their Spells Mana version so eh, someday), only so because I'm for whatever reason really lazy to do that class specificly. And I gotta admit, balancing is a utter nightmare lol.

I just finished the General Spellbook and will do a general Status effects list as well later on. Once Im done with the Priest paths, I'm formally inviting you guys to, if you want, rechoose your class or settle on your current one once for all. No Career path changes midgame alright?

I have decided to be a good Developer and communicate with my playerbase.

I have finished all Class advancements but the priest(Technically, the Mage Paths arent 100% done but thats because I have to write up their Spells Mana version so eh, someday), only so because I'm for whatever reason really lazy to do that class specificly. And I gotta admit, balancing is a utter nightmare lol.

I just finished the General Spellbook and will do a general Status effects list as well later on. Once Im done with the Priest paths, I'm formally inviting you guys to, if you want, rechoose your class or settle on your current one once for all. No Career path changes midgame alright?
awesome.

on suicide watch rn
Priest is done, no excuses anymore. The space missing from the Mage Paths will be added later on, those are the mana enhanced Spells. Everyone can now decide wether or not they want to change their character based on the class.

I have also elaborated on the item system a bit more. Everyone who is not a fallen nobleman can assign the Copper rank to every Equippment and the following stats: 10 Attack Power for your starting weapon, 3 Defensive Power for your head Equippement, 5 for your body Equippment and 2 for your accesoiry. We will cover equippment creation once we crossed that bridge.

Noblemans assign Brass rank and double the stats instead, but seeing as we dont have one, eh.

Wait we have a ton of Wanderers... What was the wanderer boni again. Right, every Wanderer gets a Brass Weapon instead. 20 Atk

Last edited:
Patchnotes:

Welcome to the Summoner ri- ahem.

Decided to rework the Mana Enhancement System. Turns out, creating stronger Spells based on 18 existing Spells with varying levels of versaitlity is a daunting task. So daunting in fact, that I'm going to streamline Mana Enhancement. Every Mana-enhanced Spell now only gets a 50% damage increase and require no Cast time. Sorry to all Mages who thought they could play with 36 Spells. I have to preserve my Sanity.

Consider playing Scholar instead. You might love Magic Synthesis if you want to have a big library of Spells.

Additionally, Personal Evils are getting scrapped. It was basically a System that allowed people to choose from 10 personality Demerits based on SPOILER. But likewise, I would run myself ragged because its far more than just 10 High Risk High Reward abilities. Might make a return if a lightning hits me with humongous brain energy.

Patchnotes:

Welcome to the Summoner ri- ahem.

Decided to rework the Mana Enhancement System. Turns out, creating stronger Spells based on 18 existing Spells with varying levels of versaitlity is a daunting task. So daunting in fact, that I'm going to streamline Mana Enhancement. Every Mana-enhanced Spell now only gets a 50% damage increase and require no Cast time. Sorry to all Mages who thought they could play with 36 Spells. I have to preserve my Sanity.

Consider playing Scholar instead. You might love Magic Synthesis if you want to have a big library of Spells.

Additionally, Personal Evils are getting scrapped. It was basically a System that allowed people to choose from 10 personality Demerits based on SPOILER. But likewise, I would run myself ragged because its far more than just 10 High Risk High Reward abilities. Might make a return if a lightning hits me with humongous brain energy.
First_Witch when someone chooses to be a mage instead of a scholar:

So you beautiful people, today marks the second day of Christmas for the German Empire. So I will officially start the RP tomorrow. Any Changes should be done until then.

@Wurm (hopefully you see this in time)

Dont forget to pick your class until then. You have some leeway considering that we wont get into combat scenarios instantly, but I have to bookkeep stuff as well, so it would be helpful to get it as soon as possible.

@Schmoopes

Get your ass movin you dunce. You still havent submitted your character sheet.

For everyone who might have considered changing classes or are unsure, just know that we DONT have a hard 1 player per class. Play whatever you want. Meaning that we still have place for people who might consider joinning. The more the merrier. If new people show interest, I will push the start a couple days ahead. Dont even have to instantly submit a sheet, just hit this thread up with a "I Wanna".

So you beautiful people, today marks the second day of Christmas for the German Empire. So I will officially start the RP tomorrow. Any Changes should be done until then.

@Wurm (hopefully you see this in time)

Dont forget to pick your class until then. You have some leeway considering that we wont get into combat scenarios instantly, but I have to bookkeep stuff as well, so it would be helpful to get it as soon as possible.

@Schmoopes

Get your ass movin you dunce. You still havent submitted your character sheet.

For everyone who might have considered changing classes or are unsure, just know that we DONT have a hard 1 player per class. Play whatever you want. Meaning that we still have place for people who might consider joinning. The more the merrier. If new people show interest, I will push the start a couple days ahead. Dont even have to instantly submit a sheet, just hit this thread up with a "I Wanna".
My apologies, I'll get on that right now.

So, how do I get my character stats? Do I roll a die or smth? Also, how do we pick gear? Do we just say we have something or what?
Good that you are asking. Every character starts with a baseline of 5 Points in each Attribute, which will be calculated into Combat Stats. The "Calculations" can be found under the Combat Stats section. You can, for your starting gear, pick and choose whatever you want. The actual stats are assigned by me, depending on what you give me. You have to note what type of Weapon youre using (Wether or not it is a Light, Heavy, Magical, or Precision Weapon) and what Rank it is (For everyone its going to be a Copper Rank Item, which means that the Stats are: 10 Attack Power for Weapons, 3 Defensive Power for Head gear, 5 for Body gear and 2 for Accesoires.) A Nobleman would get a Brass Set of Items, while a Wanderer would get a Brass Weapon.

Shields get 4 Defensive Power by the way. Your arms carry either a Weapon or a Shield.

Back