• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Paradise City Part 3

"We're just a bunch of people forced to work together because we all got singled out by that organization. They sent the entire city police force after us, including someone with an RPG, we interrogated a police member and he tried to commit suicide just to avoid revealing facts about the organization. I tried to get in contact with the people who asked me to come here, but couldn't, as they cut the lines. On that note, do any of you have a phone I could borrow?"

"Well, lady, sorry if we're a little bit trigger-happy when we've just had a ******* task force sent after us! With RPGs and machine guns like we were some ******* terrorists!" Michael then turns to Joe. "And you, you old ****, don't you dare give me any lip. I'm almost certain you're the one who ratted us off to the police, which led to this whole mess in the first place!"

He did however still retract Shoot to Thrill.

"Good grief, you two sure are making a big fuss about a bunch of standless people using weapons much weaker and much slower than your stands against you. Even i alone could have beaten that task force."

Joe complains half mockingly.

He then turn toward Nicolas

"I've noticed a part of your story that doesn't match up to what happpened to me, Mike's organization didn't try to bribe me, they just sent me a letter with a polite request to call a phone number. and then asked to meet here."

"Hey gramps, when they ruin your ancestral home with gunfire and explosives, you give me a call. I'll enjoy hearing how well you take it."

"If you didn't want it to get ruined, then why did you go there when a mafia-like organization is after you ?

There were plenty of alternatives, such as going to an abbandoned building or outside of the city."

[I feel that was an intentional misspelling, but I'll be happy to be proven wrong]

"Because we weren't expecting a counter-terrorist force to storm down our doors. A couple of mobsters? Sure, that we were prepared for. And plus, it wasn't as if we were planning on getting caught. The house is some ways out of town, and we were thinking nobody could track us."

"Even a low rank thug of them had a stand with enought strenght to obliterate concrete, so they could have easilly sent worse stuff after you

and, considering how they were able to track down your position to sent you the letter, you should have honestly expected to be found rather quickly"

"The difference is when we first went to our respective houses, we had no idea we were being tracked. The second time we actively tried being stealthy and quick to not draw any attention on ourselves. And also: the only reason that bull Stand user was allowed to even do as much as he did was because me and Otto didn't get involved."

Nicholas looked at Joe

"The difference in how they tried to contact you may have been because you hadn't been actively participating or witnessing the event. You were merely suspected of being Stand Users. I suspect the reason they went with that approach to you is because you had little reason to be suspicious of them yet. Regardless, an organization of Stand Users in this town is likely to be the one we're looking for. It is too unlikely for there to be two secret Stand User organizations in this town that had something to do with the events at the library. It is possible that this man here doesn't know much, but that doesn't change the fact that he is likely, even if indirectly, working for our enemies.

Nicholas looks over the Stand Users sitting at the table.

"Just to give you another idea of how this organization operates, a man we captured to interrogate about the organization, despite us not even hurting him and offering him safe passage to a location far away from here, would rather shoot himself in the head than reveal anything to us. We stopped him, of course, but the fact still stands."

@Phonix

"It's quite possible they are the same organization, but not certain."

Joe then turns towards Mike.

"Hey, could you tells us how your organization is called so we can stop calling it as just "the organization" ?"

He asks him.

Michael releases a brief snort, but otherwise returns to normal in an instant.

"Then I suppose this is the organization we're looking for, however, I suspect this man might be just as much a victim in this as we are. If so, sorry about the outburst. Do you answer to anyone? Is there anyone you would call a boss or who you take orders from?"

"Yes, the system... ok fine! I admit it!" Mike says, starting to cry.

"I don't own an organization, this was part of my get rich quick scheme."

The Divine Phoenix said:
"So who is it that you work for exactly? We won't hurt you or anything like that, we just want to know."
"I work for myself. I was running a fake charity for tax evasion."

"Something still feels off about that. If that's the case, then how did you know who to send the letters to? Stephanie, use your Stand to detect if he's lying."

"Alright, alright," she muttered as she went to make sure he was lying. You know, surface thoughts...deeper thougjts as well. Was he lying?

"Well. I guess that confirms it. He probably knows exactly who it is he's working for and it's not a charity organization."

"So, old geezer, you want to start talking or do we have to start punching?"

Back