• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Papyrus vs. Theory (Grace)

Because it's a moot point. Papyrus IC does not immediately go for lethal, high speed attacks. Objectively, he doesn't.
IC with a lot of variables. We know even undyne acknowledges him as a tough opponent. I agree that he won't lead with his strongest moves immediately but he won't be using the one-small-bone-across-the-screen moves either.

Those variables are only available to the Player, as in, Theory isn't going to see a screen giving him the option to take Papyrus out on a date.

Those variables are only available to the Player, as in, Theory isn't going to see a screen giving him the option to take Papyrus out on a date.
by variables i mean the fact that Papyrus knows Frisk, is generally kind to them and he thinks that they like his sphagetti and puzzles. Theory is completely unknown to him and there's a good chance he'd think it's an evil human and thus get more serious.

Dodging attacks as simple as that won't be hard for Theory to do. The hard part is closing the distance in time, but since it's only a few short minutes, I think Theory can get those hits in.
You’re forgetting these are SOUL attacks. Theory isn’t playing Ninja Warrior and dancing between these bones, he’s veering his SOUL in and out of magical attacks. Why would he even know how to do that? It’s not inherent knowledge, as Frisk needs teaching by Flowey

You’re forgetting these are SOUL attacks. Theory isn’t playing Ninja Warrior and dancing between these bones, he’s veering his SOUL in and out of magical attacks. Why would he even know how to do that? It’s not inherent knowledge, as Frisk needs teaching by Flowey
If we go by Deltarune, Austin's SOUL dodging Papyrus's bones shouldn't be too different than him physically dodging em

Have you read the thread at all?

Yeah, but it still should show us what Toby thinks the battlebox fight look like outside it.
It gives us an idea, but we don’t really have anything that implies the battlebox translates the same between both games, and if that was the case, how would having a blue SOUL even work in Undertale? If dodging in the battlebox is just physically dodging, then how does BLUE effect you? It applies gravity to a SOUL, but if in Undertale the SOUL’s movements and it’s owner’s mirror each other, wouldn’t it be gravity-bound already?

We should ditch this thread and make Aaron vs Theory tbh
I actually like this thread a good bit lol, debating the inner workings of Undertale’s battle mechanics has been fun, I love the game but haven’t ever debated it before

I actually like this thread a good bit lol, debating the inner workings of Undertale’s battle mechanics has been fun, I love the game but haven’t ever debated it before
Discuss about it in the Undertale Discussion thread lol. This matchup sucks, and I'm not saying that because Theory lost.

Discuss about it in the Undertale Discussion thread lol. This matchup sucks, and I'm not saying that because Theory lost.

It’s been an interesting debate between a massive AP advantage and a Hax and Range domination and the debate on how each combatant’s in character plays and abilities provide one advantage more relevancy than the other, I’d say that’s pretty fulfilling.

It’s been an interesting debate between a massive AP advantage and a Hax and Range domination and the debate on how each combatant’s in character plays and abilities provide one advantage more relevancy than the other, I’d say that’s pretty fulfilling.
Agree to disagree.

It gives us an idea, but we don’t really have anything that implies the battlebox translates the same between both games, and if that was the case, how would having a blue SOUL even work in Undertale? If dodging in the battlebox is just physically dodging, then how does BLUE effect you? It applies gravity to a SOUL, but if in Undertale the SOUL’s movements and it’s owner’s mirror each other, wouldn’t it be gravity-bound already?
Technically Frisk dodges Undyne's spears by running and only when they hit frisk do you enter a quick time event to dodge them, meaning that you can indeed move to dodge.

Technically Frisk dodges Undyne's spears by running and only when they hit frisk do you enter a quick time event to dodge them, meaning that you can indeed move to dodge.
Then what does having your SOUL turned blue do to your physical body/ability to dodge?

Then what does having your SOUL turned blue do to your physical body/ability to dodge?
make you extra heavy i guess. Sans uses blue mode to throw you around like a rag doll so it's basically telekinesis pinning you down and making it harder to move.

Theory’s hardly built to adjust to that either, at least certainly not in the time he would need to to avoid getting danmaku’d

This Papyrus lel
SANS_VS_BENDY_COMPLETE_EDITION__INDIE_CROSS_ANIMATION.gif

Back