• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Papyrus vs. Theory (Grace)

Fire.
  • Both are 9-A
  • Speed will be equalized
  • Battle takes place in Snowdin
  • No Prep Time or Information of each other
  • Both start 30 meters away from each other

OJIxO5s.png
VS
hvjF8e9.png

Papyrus: 8 (Pikaman, azontr, Bruhtelho, Arceus0x, jojo123 Dragonite007 FantaRin_The_First, The_Almighty_Wholesome)
Theory:
InconFire:

Last edited:
So how is Theory going to close the gap before getting ****** by Danmaku + Soul attacks?
Pretty sure Theory has a massive Skill advantage + Papyrus' Soul Attacks just mean he can deal some damage to Theory despite the AP disadvantage

Also Papyrus isn't the brightest, Theory's SI and him trying to catch Theory instead of killing him means Theory has a chance

Pretty sure Theory has a massive Skill advantage + Papyrus' Soul Attacks just mean he can deal some damage to Theory despite the AP disadvantage
A massive skill advantage really doesn't matter in a situation like this. Theory has never fought someone like this before.

Also Papyrus isn't the brightest, Theory's SI and him trying to catch Theory instead of killing him means Theory has a chance
Now this can help.

There's no evidence that Theory can dodge Danmaku, so that's not going to work.

Hold on...

Wouldn't Papyrus' Danmaku not do a single thing due to the massive AP advantage Theory has?

Theory can basically no-sell it and just pummel Papyrus.

On a side note, I am pretty sure if Papyrus saw that his attacks were actually putting Theory's life in danger, he would stop. Like full-on stop his attack, and put him in a jail cell or something. As that is a literal in-character thing for Papyrus to do, and his kindness is listed as a weakness. Like... He is the person who saw a genocidal monster (in one timeline) and decided what he should do to stop said monster was to show them kindness and mercy and made no effort to defend himself - and even when he got killed, he told his murderer that he believed in them and that they could be a better person.

On a side note, I am pretty sure if Papyrus saw that his attacks were actually putting Theory's life in danger, he would stop. Like full-on stop his attack
Papyrus beat Frisk until they were unconcious, then threw them in a cage. in character he'd theoretically just keep attacking Theory until he falls unconscious from his attacks. he definitely wouldn't abruptly stop, he has enough control over his magic to stop them from killing someone.

On a side note, I am pretty sure if Papyrus saw that his attacks were actually putting Theory's life in danger, he would stop. Like full-on stop his attack, and put him in a jail cell or something. As that is a literal in-character thing for Papyrus to do, and his kindness is listed as a weakness. Like... He is the person who saw a genocidal monster (in one timeline) and decided what he should do to stop said monster was to show them kindness and mercy and made no effort to defend himself - and even when he got killed, he told his murderer that he believed in them and that they could be a better person.
In that case, Theory's SI would be even more effective here.

Papyrus beat Frisk until they were unconcious, then threw them in a cage. in character he'd theoretically just keep attacking Theory until he falls unconscious from his attacks. he definitely wouldn't abruptly stop, he has enough control over his magic to stop them from killing someone.

The heck are you talking about? Papyrus abruptly stopped right here, said his spiel, and took Frisk to his garage, an easily escapable garage that had wide bars, dry food, a chew today, and a dog bed cuz Papyrus genuinely thought that stuff was enough for a human. Or warped him... Like considering that it would be very out of character for Papyrus to beat a person until they were knocked out, I am inclined to believe that it was just Toby being lazy and just jump cut Frisk there.

On a side note, I am pretty sure if Papyrus saw that his attacks were actually putting Theory's life in danger, he would stop
If this is true, then Theory will actually play the victim and try and look weak. And when Papyrus puts his guard down, Theory hits any one of his 3 finishers and then the fight is over.

This is going to look so good on Theory's W-L record lol.

The heck are you talking about? Papyrus abruptly stopped right here, said his spiel, and took Frisk to his garage, an easily escapable garage that had wide bars, dry food, a chew today, and a dog bed cuz Papyrus genuinely thought that stuff was enough for a human. Or warped him... Like considering that it would be very out of character for Papyrus to beat a person until they were knocked out, I am inclined to believe that it was just Toby being lazy and just jump cut Frisk there.

Shit my bad, thought he had a line implying he knocked your ass out at the end after coming back a few times. although the fact he put a note down, and continued to put more stuff inside the jail cell means Frisk was indeed out cold for at least a little bit for papyrus do that.
If this is true, then Theory will actually play the victim and try and look weak. And when Papyrus puts his guard down, Theory hits any one of his 3 finishers and then the fight is over.

Yeah but he only did that once he knew they were weakened. Hell by the dialogue above he thought you were weak in the first place. i dont think that will really stop him-

hell refusing to fight papyrus makes him still try and attack you, so unsure if playing victim is gonna work against papyrus.

I mean, Papyrus probably has too much control over his magic to accidentally kill someone lel
Yeah but I think that’s with him basing off people who actively take hits from his magic. Stronger monsters like Toriel can accidentally kill people weaker than themself (frisk), I don’t think theory here is an exception.

Can someone explain to me where does the "Danmaku GG" argument even come from? Papyrus doesn't overwhelm his opponents with a fuckton of projectiles whatsoever, he at first just starts throwing a small line of bones that move at a snail's pace at his opponent. The only way Theory could die to something like that would be if he didn't know how to control his soul or something.

Random don’t interpret an ability as universal in scale and details amongst all users of it challenge [IMPOSSIBLE]

Theory’s Social Influencing is based on aggravating his opponent and making them lash out. When tf has he ever played possum? Not every Social Influencer is the same and having it does not make you automatically adept at all forms of manipulation of people. Theory’s Social Influencing would do bugger all here, because Papyrus’ overwhelming faith in all people would trump any attempts to aggravate him into carelessness.

Back