• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Papyrus vs. Theory (Grace)

This match ain't even that good to begin with lol.

Why do mfs pit normal ass WWE guys against characters with a massive range + hax advantage?

Yeah you can watch the fight and Papyrus initially starts with weaker attacks to gauge whether Frisk will fight or not before shifting to SOUL attacks once he knows that. Considering Papyrus knows Theory’s intent from the get-go, he has no reason to start with anything other than his blue techniques

I vote Papyrus pretty solidly. Having both watched and played his fight several times, he isn't going to dawdle in an actual match.

Yeah you can watch the fight and Papyrus initially starts with weaker attacks to gauge whether Frisk will fight or not before shifting to SOUL attacks once he knows that. Considering Papyrus knows Theory’s intent from the get-go, he has no reason to start with anything other than his blue techniques
So if that's the case, Theory quite literally gets cremated. He has no way of winning lol. Range + Soul attacks go brrrr.

Anyways Papyrus is considered damn tough by Undyne so his skill isn't exactly low and he goes easy on Frisk because they are pretty much friends at this point. Papyrus will start with blue soul and bone attacks and since theory neither knows about blue bones nor does he have a way of properly tanking Papyrus' last attack. In short, I doubt Theory will stand a chance against Papyrus.

This is Papyrus's first attack after turning the opponent blue

some real scary danmaku lel

Anyways Papyrus is considered damn tough by Undyne so his skill isn't exactly low and he goes easy on Frisk because they are pretty much friends at this point. Papyrus will start with blue soul and bone attacks and since theory neither knows about blue bones nor does he have a way of properly tanking Papyrus' last attack. In short, I doubt Theory will stand a chance against Papyrus.
I'm confused.

So does Papyrus start with that slow ass attack, or does he do what Arceus does and just stomps Theory?

I feel like you're being willfully ignorant here. Because you KNOW that the attacks don't remain that simple the entire time.
Yeah, they get faster, doesn't change the fact they start out slow

It's gonna take a while till he does this

Honestly, why was Theory even put up against a literal haxxer that has the whole range advantage?

Papyrus swiftly switches to far more complex Danmaku patterns when he turns his opponent blue. Just watch this video, and it's pretty much all of his attack patterns.
Thanks a ton for clarifying things!

So it seems like Papyrus starts off with basic ass attacks, then he swiftly switches into far more complex attacks when he turns his opponent blue (correct me if I'm wrong).

Based off of that video, I think will have a chance of actually getting a hit if he acts quick enough before being turned blue, and from there it's GG.

Theory literally one/two taps Papyrus
Been knew, problem with that is he has to HIT Papyrus, which, while he's busy dodging Danmaku attacks, that while slow, come out continuously as turns are game mechanics, is going to be very difficult. Those short minutes are just Theory dodging a bunch of constant soul-damaging attacks while trying to scrape by to hit Papyrus.

Been knew, problem with that is he has to HIT Papyrus, which, while he's busy dodging Danmaku attacks, that while slow, come out continuously as turns are game mechanics, is going to be very difficult. Those short minutes are just Theory dodging a bunch of constant soul-damaging attacks while trying to scrape by to hit Papyrus.
Which is something Theory can manage, a.k.a not a stomp

Dodging attacks as simple as that won't be hard for Theory to do. The hard part is closing the distance in time, but since it's only a few short minutes, I think Theory can get those hits in.

This matchup sucks anyways.

Meh, with those kinds of abilities that Papyrus has, Theory barely even stands a chance.

Can we choose someone who's primarily a H2H/CQC fighter next time? It actually gets annoying trying to debate how a WWE guy can circumvent BS range advantages.

Dodging attacks as simple as that won't be hard for Theory to do. The hard part is closing the distance in time, but since it's only a few short minutes, I think Theory can get those hits in.

This matchup sucks anyways.
It takes a few short minutes in gameplay time. This isn't including the player's time pressing buttons, or using healing items, and other things that would take IRL time.

In actual perspective, considering Papyrus's attacks do not have lag as turns are game mechanics, and Theory has no healing items to use or any gameplay mechanics to focus on, it'll happen MUCH faster.

Papyrus FRA, Theory could possible get in but given Papyrus is gonna keep throwing out attacks which despite being simple will slowly get harder to dodge as the pattern isn't gonna be the same every time and blue mode could easily catch Theory off guard as he hasn't faced anything like it before.

I actually hate the fact that this isn't a complete stomp, because it's going to look stupid asf on Theory's profile (though there are a couple of matches that need to be removed).

so just to add, like i said, papy ain't gonna go easy on theory. He goes easy on Firsk and uh...throughout his fight he is literally busy preparing for a date with them

Back