• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overwatch Upgrades

Shouldn't Winston, Orisa, Symmetra and Zarya have multi-city blog dura with their barriers/bubbles since those can tank DVa's Self-Destruct? And shouldn't this apply to Roadhog's Take A Breather too now? Also, shouldn't Bastion be multi-city black AP in Sentry Mode since he basically can shred barriers in seconds?

So in order of your questions:

Yes

No

No, unless he can oneshot a full shield with one attack he can't be considered MCB

Also, why are Pharah and Hog 8-A with their ults? Pharahs reasoning is damage stacking and Hogs reasoning is based on in game damage

WeeklyBattles said:
No, unless he can oneshot a full shield with one attack he can't be considered MCB
I thought simply being able to damage something with a given dura, means you have that AP. Not one-shotting it. E.g. if a character could damage Superman, then he's Solar System level. Logically, the entire cast could probably be upgraded to MCB.

Yeah no, it's chip damage at best, game mechanics (the fact that the shields literally have health bars) at worst. Either way, we're not upgrading all overwatch characters to 8-A just because they can shoot and punch the shields health down over time

I agree with Weekly on this.

It's game mechanics at best due to the game's health bar system.

In addition, it makes little sense for Roadhog to be more durable than Reinhardt or D.Va., both of whom are much better armored and protected.

Even the barriers themselves can't hold up (with the exception of Reinhardt's) against D.Va's Self-Destruct, absorbing the force before shattering.

@Rep Minor nitpick but the barriers actually can hold up against D.va's ult, even Sym's projected shield can

@Weekly

I understand that, but Winston's, Zarya's, and Orisa's barriers will all go offline right after they tank the Self-Destruct.

I honestly didn't know that Symmetra's barrier had that extra 25 HP

Hmm...true...so only Sym's barrier would have 8-A dura?

Everything else looks okay to adjust though?

@Weekly

And Reinhardt's.

And yeah, we should probably remove the 8-A rating on those two ultimates since the reasoning is purely game mechanics based.

Reppuzan said:
@Weekly
I understand that, but Winston's, Zarya's, and Orisa's barriers will all go offline right after they tank the Self-Destruct.
But it will enable them to survive an attack at that level. That seems like it would be an important thing to note in the context of a vs debate.

People are gonna assume that a MCB attack will kill them even if they have a barrier up when that's not the case.

Also in Rein's cinematics, we saw their barries getting worn down over time, so I don't think it's just a game mechanic.

Ive made the changes. I gave the listed characters with barriers 'At most 8-A' durability and added that tanking that level of damage would protect the user but destroy the barrier in the process

Back