• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overwatch CRT

So basically, Overwatch.

A lot of stuff to touch here but I want to talk about AP.

1. First thing first, taking description of the verse: "Most character range from Wall level with the regular heroes, to Small Building level with the more impressive and physically fit characters." I'll specify on Wall level part, since we have even Mercy, I'll repeat, Mercy, have Small Building so the proposal here is delete wall level part from the verse page and also mention MCB part of the most powerful character in the verse atm, aka giant omnic. Speaking about omnics.
  2. High 8-C from first key should gone because of the fact that it comes from scaling to 9-A characters thus, making first key 9-A
  3. Now to most interesting. Doomfist scaling. I guess we are decided to not scale everyone to Doomfist because he is too strong for characters...? Alright, and we scale everyone to S76's Dura right (remember this part)? But at same time we scale cast to the characters who scales to Doomfist, as well as we have Reaper having Small Building+ via damaging Winston who scales to Doom and then we have Soldier 76 who outright tanked Reaper's gunshot. So imo we should to do work more on scaling here. Probably maybe to downscale characters from Dommfist's feat because even if Doomfist is physically strongest in the verse, not scaling characters at all to him seems not as option to me, you can correct me of course.
  4. There's also technically this Hammond feat (not falling from orbit I promise), but I don't know what to do with it.
The other few stuff i want to consider.

Torbjorn and Symmetra: Construction. Obviously for those who plays Overwatch. In other words those 2 are engineers who able to create constructs. Torb is able to create Turrets so does Symmetra plus portals, extremely simple.

Wrecking Ball: We got ridded out of Grappling context but still we should mention in power and abilities, ability of Ball to do spider-man thing. Really, not mentioning his main mechanic seems not good idea for me as ball main.

Brigitte: Technically she's able to stun her opponents, quoting even her P&A page: "Shield Bash: While her Barrier Shield is deployed, Brigitte uses it as a makeshift battering ram to quickly charge forward, stunning any foe in her path". In other words, just to note she can stun you.

McCree: Change his name from Jessie McCree to Joker McDonalds, I've got a leak with his new canon name.

Pharah: "Concussive Blast: A non-explosive rocket used for crowd suppression, Pharah looses a wrist rocket that knocks back any enemies it strikes. This can also be used in an evasive fashion to propel herself away from attacks.". Should be noted on P&A as some kind of ability.

Sombra: Needs to be specified which kind of Cyborgization she have, I'm guessing partial.

Widowmaker: Same as with hammond, she have Spider-man thing, so she should have noted in P&A her grappling hook ability.

Ashe: Hundreds of meters range instead of tens for previous reasons of most overwatch guns being able to reach up to hundred meters.

Bastion: Same as with Ashe

D.Va: Same as with Ashe but only to her Rockets.

Hanzo: Litteraly does not have range on his profile. Needs to be fixed.

Lucio: Same as with Ashe.

Orisa: Same as with Ashe.

Yeah there are plenty of characters who needs range fixed I guess we get that.

So like, Overall. Do something with AP, adding of new abilities and this time fully, add range updates to characters. Usually when I do OW CRts after some time I forgetting their existence, so I'll try to keep at least this alive.

Any and all stun mechanics fall under Status Effect Inducement.

8-C Overwatch is pretty much an outlier, considering even Tracer, the literal least durable character in the game outside of Zenyatta, can tank Hammond's max speed without much issue, and it took a damn prayer to get the verse to 9-A in the first place considering most of the feats range from 9-C to 9-B with a few 9-As here and there, don't know how weekly got it all the way to High 8-C.

Range: unless it's a gun or weapon to be scaled IRL we don't do this kind of scaling. IE, Lucio and Orisa stay as they are(one shoots literal harmful sound and the other energy similar to Solider 76.)

Hanzo would get Hundreds of meters with his bow, maximum shooting distance and all of that because he's a literal god with a bow.

The grappling hook stuff can't really be put down as abilities, why not give grappling hooks to most if not every batman? And concussive blast has no reliable source and can really only be put down under explosion manip.

We don't know how much of Sombra is actually Cyborg. Putting it at vaguely partial should be fine tho.

Everything else I agree with.

Any and all stun mechanics fall under Status Effect Inducement.

8-C Overwatch is pretty much an outlier, considering even Tracer, the literal least durable character in the game outside of Zenyatta, can tank Hammond's max speed without much issue, and it took a damn prayer to get the verse to 9-A in the first place considering most of the feats range from 9-C to 9-B with a few 9-As here and there, don't know how weekly got it all the way to High 8-C.

Range: unless it's a gun or weapon to be scaled IRL we don't do this kind of scaling. IE, Lucio and Orisa stay as they are(one shoots literal harmful sound and the other energy similar to Solider 76.)

Hanzo would get Hundreds of meters with his bow, maximum shooting distance and all of that because he's a literal god with a bow.

The grappling hook stuff can't really be put down as abilities, why not give grappling hooks to most if not every batman? And concussive blast has no reliable source and can really only be put down under explosion manip.

We don't know how much of Sombra is actually Cyborg. Putting it at vaguely partial should be fine tho.

Everything else I agree with.
I see, SEI seems fine.

Pretty much agree with 8-C being an outlier for now unless we got more supporting feats. So yeah, just to remember this exists in case we would have more because well (Show this to scare TF2 and MK fans: Overwatch 2 Image). Any opinion on Doom scaling?

Uh-huh, though in case of Orisa and Lucio I believe it should be at least tens of meters via range we see at gameplay.

Seems as option.

I mean, why not give grappling hook to Batman? But basically when I was trying to put grappling as ability I was told to mostly specify that kind of stuff in P&A, so uh, yeah, specifying their one of the main mechanics in profiles seems needed to me.

Well, that still would be better than leaving without type, which can led to confusion people who have not experienced with Overwatch.

And alright, thanks for replying.

So basically, Overwatch.

A lot of stuff to touch here but I want to talk about AP.

1. First thing first, taking description of the verse: "Most character range from Wall level with the regular heroes, to Small Building level with the more impressive and physically fit characters." I'll specify on Wall level part, since we have even Mercy, I'll repeat, Mercy, have Small Building so the proposal here is delete wall level part from the verse page and also mention MCB part of the most powerful character in the verse atm, aka giant omnic. Speaking about omnics.
  2. High 8-C from first key should gone because of the fact that it comes from scaling to 9-A characters thus, making first key 9-A
  3. Now to most interesting. Doomfist scaling. I guess we are decided to not scale everyone to Doomfist because he is too strong for characters...? Alright, and we scale everyone to S76's Dura right (remember this part)? But at same time we scale cast to the characters who scales to Doomfist, as well as we have Reaper having Small Building+ via damaging Winston who scales to Doom and then we have Soldier 76 who outright tanked Reaper's gunshot. So imo we should to do work more on scaling here. Probably maybe to downscale characters from Dommfist's feat because even if Doomfist is physically strongest in the verse, not scaling characters at all to him seems not as option to me, you can correct me of course.
  4. There's also technically this Hammond feat (not falling from orbit I promise), but I don't know what to do with it.
The other few stuff i want to consider.

Torbjorn and Symmetra: Construction. Obviously for those who plays Overwatch. In other words those 2 are engineers who able to create constructs. Torb is able to create Turrets so does Symmetra plus portals, extremely simple.

Wrecking Ball: We got ridded out of Grappling context but still we should mention in power and abilities, ability of Ball to do spider-man thing. Really, not mentioning his main mechanic seems not good idea for me as ball main.

Brigitte: Technically she's able to stun her opponents, quoting even her P&A page: "Shield Bash: While her Barrier Shield is deployed, Brigitte uses it as a makeshift battering ram to quickly charge forward, stunning any foe in her path". In other words, just to note she can stun you.

McCree: Change his name from Jessie McCree to Joker McDonalds, I've got a leak with his new canon name.

Pharah: "Concussive Blast: A non-explosive rocket used for crowd suppression, Pharah looses a wrist rocket that knocks back any enemies it strikes. This can also be used in an evasive fashion to propel herself away from attacks.". Should be noted on P&A as some kind of ability.

Sombra: Needs to be specified which kind of Cyborgization she have, I'm guessing partial.

Widowmaker: Same as with hammond, she have Spider-man thing, so she should have noted in P&A her grappling hook ability.

Ashe: Hundreds of meters range instead of tens for previous reasons of most overwatch guns being able to reach up to hundred meters.

Bastion: Same as with Ashe

D.Va: Same as with Ashe but only to her Rockets.

Hanzo: Litteraly does not have range on his profile. Needs to be fixed.

Lucio: Same as with Ashe.

Orisa: Same as with Ashe.

Yeah there are plenty of characters who needs range fixed I guess we get that.

So like, Overall. Do something with AP, adding of new abilities and this time fully, add range updates to characters. Usually when I do OW CRts after some time I forgetting their existence, so I'll try to keep at least this alive.
I agree with the characters fixing stuff, but neutral regarding the AP

Soldier 76 who outright tanked Reaper's gunshot
I wouldn’t call this “tanking” the shot, Jack got dropped, was unable to move because of the pain and only got back up after Ana healed him. At best, Jack would downscale (especially since Reyes physically overpowered him), which fits with him being Small Building level.

I wouldn’t call this “tanking” the shot, Jack got dropped, was unable to move because of the pain and only got back up after Ana healed him. At best, Jack would downscale (especially since Reyes physically overpowered him), which fits with him being Small Building level.
Well if downscale can be option as well, maybe it can be used.

Though if not there probably would be needed to change wording of AP/Dura justification, cause for now several characters who scales to Jack's dura is leaded to Doomfist's crater feat

(Oh yeah, also calcs needs to be mentioned in verse page also)

I agree with all points, especially the Doomfist scaling.
He is shown as much stronger and durable than most characters, and them being able to kill him anyway is either game mechanics or because their overall rating would allow them to do it anyway with consecutive hits.

The powers are good, and also here's some specific opinions:
  • Brigitte should have Status Effect Inducement
  • Hammond's grappling hook can fit under Acrobatics, givem how he launches himself and spins thanks to it)
  • Pharas' attack can be Vibration/Shockwaves Manipulation
  • Sombra can have "Cyborgization" without anything else, she's mechanical enough for the standard level
  • Widowmaker's hook can simply be explained in her equipment section and at most added to "Weapon Mastery", unless she can make flips and stuff while using it, but I don't remember if she can
  • I agree with ReaperMan about range

Hmmm, I may add stuff now or should I wait for more staff input?

If yes. then I'll try to sum up for myself what I should do:
  1. Delete Wall level, cause even the weakest characters are scalable to Small Building, as well as add Multi City Block mentioned in verse page since this is AP of the strongest omnics. As well as add calcs of the verse cause there are plenty of calcs and there needs to be mentioned the ones which are accepted/not considered as outlier.
  2. Change Large Building in Omnics page to Small Building.
  3. Change justifications for AP scaling which would left only 3 characters scalable to Doomfist. Doomsfit himself, Winston and Reaper's guns until OW2 will change stuff. Others should be leaded to Soldier's 76 dura.
  4. Add Construction for Torb and Sym
  5. SEI for Briggite
  6. Acrobatics for Hammond's ball. Considering what Ball mains can do(as well as me sometimes, tbh imo ngl wiz) by playing ball.
  7. Shockwave/Vibration Manipulation for Pharah
  8. I guess Partial to Sombra for now, considering details.
  9. Mention in Weapon Mastery Widow's hook. She can do for instance this with it. As well as I guess perform some acrobatic moves by it. Considering short we can see Widow is quite well, acrobatic.
  10. As discussed previously McCree name will be changed though I guess that's something what is discussed in other place already, and changing name is not something I am able to do.
  11. Range for characters with realistic guns up to hundreds meaning the ones who affected are: Cole, Ashe, Ball, Baptiste, Echo technically, Ana(?), Torb and Sym(?), Sombra ig, Bastion, HANZO (NOT FORGET ABOUT HANZO).
I guess that's it, correct me on something.

Hmmm, I may add stuff now or should I wait for more staff input?

If yes. then I'll try to sum up for myself what I should do:
  1. Delete Wall level, cause even the weakest characters are scalable to Small Building, as well as add Multi City Block mentioned in verse page since this is AP of the strongest omnics. As well as add calcs of the verse cause there are plenty of calcs and there needs to be mentioned the ones which are accepted/not considered as outlier.
  2. Change Large Building in Omnics page to Small Building.
  3. Change justifications for AP scaling which would left only 3 characters scalable to Doomfist. Doomsfit himself, Winston and Reaper's guns until OW2 will change stuff. Others should be leaded to Soldier's 76 dura.
  4. Add Construction for Torb and Sym
  5. SEI for Briggite
  6. Acrobatics for Hammond's ball. Considering what Ball mains can do(as well as me sometimes, tbh imo ngl wiz) by playing ball.
  7. Shockwave/Vibration Manipulation for Pharah
  8. I guess Partial to Sombra for now, considering details.
  9. Mention in Weapon Mastery Widow's hook. She can do for instance this with it. As well as I guess perform some acrobatic moves by it. Considering short we can see Widow is quite well, acrobatic.
  10. As discussed previously McCree name will be changed though I guess that's something what is discussed in other place already, and changing name is not something I am able to do.
  11. Range for characters with realistic guns up to hundreds meaning the ones who affected are: Cole, Ashe, Ball, Baptiste, Echo technically, Ana(?), Torb and Sym(?), Sombra ig, Bastion, HANZO (NOT FORGET ABOUT HANZO).
I guess that's it, correct me on something.
1. I didn't find any wall level characters.
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. Yes
7. Yes
8. Yes
9. Yes
10. Kinda dumb that Blizzard changed the name but fine. I'll always call him McCree anyway.
11. Torb and sym, no. McCree, he already has hundreds of meters, cause max range for a revolver is 100 meters anyway. Plus I'm 99%sure the rest of those characters already have hundreds of meters.

1. I didn't find any wall level characters.
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. Yes
7. Yes
8. Yes
9. Yes
10. Kinda dumb that Blizzard changed the name but fine. I'll always call him McCree anyway.
11. Torb and sym, no. McCree, he already has hundreds of meters, cause max range for a revolver is 100 meters anyway. Plus I'm 99%sure the rest of those characters already have hundreds of meters.
1. Which is why would be reasonable to delete wall level from verse page, cause there's no wall level.
11. (And then there's Hanzo who doesn't have range at all)

Alright I guess I added everything I was capable to add. @SamanPatou, you can probably check and correct if needed, believe me or not mostly I just deleted Winston from being mentioned kek.

The name of McCree/Cole I probably will also leave to you Saman, however I already changed McCree to Cole in Ashe's profile so you don't have to.

Thread is probably can be closed. Either way at least accepted scaling and all accepted calcs now are right there.

Back