• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overwatch Downgrades: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't we do these in a more organized way

Dargoo, comment your list of powers you think aren't justified in lore

In response to this, weekly post your information (and in a timely manner, or else you're liable to just get overridden given how long this has already taken).

@Wok Well unfortunately I'm going to be at work for another 5 hours so thats rather unfair for me given the lack of patience displayed in this thread

Really? When did you give scans for every ability being justified in canon? I'm sure the list itself must have taken a large chunk of the previous thread given how long it would have needed to be.

In the previous thread

No you guys have had an entire month, ive been trying to apply this revision for that long and no one has been cooperative about it.

If you're referring to the current conversation it's only been 6 hours, all of which I've been at work

Wokistan said:
Dargoo, comment your list of powers you think aren't justified in lore
I'd personally like to see justifications for:

• Lucio's entire kit
  • Baptiste's kit
  • Sigma's kit
  • Zenyatta's kit
  • Reaper absorbing souls (specifically souls) to heal
  • Mercy raising the dead
  • Wrecking Ball's mines
  • Brigitte's Rally
  • Mei's ultimate
And a number of others, but this is a good start.

Although as a rule of thumb the abilities should be proven in-lore before being added. I'd like to personally incorporate the citations format I've done for profiles like this and this for many of the OW profiles when we're done discussing here.

@Calca Oh no I got it im just glad someone agrees with me that verses that have opponents working together shouldn't be canon

This revision was a downgrade. You certainly haven't been trying to apply that. Besides if the scans are already posted it shouldn't be that much work to just copy paste some links over once you're on break or off work

Anyway I didn't even mean like right this second I mean that if people are gonna be waiting another week, you should just make your own CRT to re add stuff when you're ready to as opposed to holding this up.

Wokistan said:
This revision was a downgrade. You certainly haven't been trying to apply that. Besides if the scans are already posted it shouldn't be that much work to just copy paste some links over once you're on break or off work

Anyway I didn't even mean like right this second I mean that if people are gonna be waiting another week, you should just make your own CRT to re add stuff when you're ready to as opposed to holding this up.
Look at rhe previous thread because i was the ONLY person trying to apply it. Go ahead and look please, i want you to.

The verses I've seen don't actually scales each other, but there's probably more of them that do that.

So this is a clear case of a verse using wrong grounds for the scaling, especially when you see that there's a lead author telling us that gameplay is a no no.

Wokistan said:

Look at rhe previous thread because i was the ONLY person trying to apply it. Go ahead and look please, i want you to.

Looking through the previous thread, you've opposed any sort of downgrade happening the entire time through. There's no fault in this on its own, but it contradicts what you say here. If anything, the people really moving stuff along are the people volunteering to do a bunch of math for it like Drite.

Wokistan said:
Looking through the previous thread, you've opposed any sort of downgrade happening the entire time through. There's no fault in this on its own, but it contradicts what you say here. If anything, the people really moving stuff along are the people volunteering to do a bunch of math for it like Drite.
Look at the end of the thread because what youre claiming is flat out wrong

WeeklyBattles said:
You were trying to apply your own versio of the thread without consulting with other users, while refraining from answering questions for weeks and giving users an unjustifiable amount of trouble for just trying to have a reasonable discussion. You've resurfaced debates with the same exact arguments that were on the previous thread here, that were already concluded and listed on the OP.

I don't like telling people what they were doing since they should objectively know that better than I, but trying to point fingers at everyone else for doing something you were actively partaking in yourself is disingenuous.

@Dargoo I am simply telling the truth, I was trying to apply the agreed on changes and no one wanted to lend a hand and give what was being applied. It's not disingenuous at all.

Why don't you start with the list he posted

Yeah but if you're going to wait even longer and do that it makes a lot more sense for you to just make your own thread, given that this thread has other things than that riding on it. I've done stuff like that myself, dropped some objections because I didn't have time so I just made a CRT later, it's just more courteous to everyone involved especially after the time that has already elapsed.

WeeklyBattles said:
Because its easier to do it all at once
Do what all at once?

The revisions, without discussing them with other users?

Seriously?

Drite77 said:
Another one that would be neat to find scans for it would be Soldier's sprint
I'm not sure if that's a joke, but I think it's alright to assume he, like any other human, can sprint.

I think he took issue with you calling your list a start for your concerns and wants all of them at once, for some reason.

No because in the lore sombra hacked his legs making sprinting gameplay only and legitimizing her gameplay feat so it is selectively cano

I would rather do everything together rather than break it up for no reason. And this thread has nothing else riding on it other than the gameplay abilities being canon. And Thus far no one has shown courtesy for me even though I've shown it for them so I don't see how courtesy has anything to do with this.

Do what all at once?

The revisions, without discussing them with other users?

Seriously?

No post all the moves you want proof of

WeeklyBattles said:
I would rather do everything together rather than break it up for no reason. And this thread has nothing else riding on it other than the gameplay abilities being canon. And Thus far no one has shown courtesy for me even though I've shown it for them so I don't see how courtesy has anything to do with this.
There's the AP stuff, which was like, the main point.

WeeklyBattles said:
I would rather do everything together rather than break it up for no reason.
I mean, those are the ones I'm specifically concerned don't exist in the lore.

Ideally I'd want citations on every ability so that they can be sourced on the pages for discussion.

WeeklyBattles said:
And this thread has nothing else riding on it other than the gameplay abilities being canon. And Thus far no one has shown courtesy for me even though I've shown it for them so I don't see how courtesy has anything to do with this.
This thread didn't even start with the gameplay abilties not being canon, though.

How have we not shown you courtesy? The fact that I'm having the same exact debate with you, an entire month later, just to try and make sure no stones are unturned, is extremely courteous.

WeeklyBattles said:
No post all the moves you want proof of
All of them? My point is that they all kind of need to be supported by the lore, first.

There's the AP stuff, which was like, the main point.

Theres not tho, the ap stuff was taken care of in the last thread, everyone is 9-A other than lucio and sym who are 9-B

WeeklyBattles said:
Theres not tho, the ap stuff was taken care of in the last thread, everyone is 9-A other than lucio and sym who are 9-B
Why are they 9-B again? Lucio doesn't have alot of lore material about him, and i don't think that the explosion scales to Sym physically

See, you're saying "everyone is 9-A but Lucio and Sym who are 9-B" but we've spent nearly the past thread and a half trying to get information on scaling for characters who haven't even interacted with the 9-As and feats from Lucio and Sym (who aren't even combatants in lore to begin with, honestly) and receiving nothing but backtracking and shifting discussions.

Just lay out all your claims and your evidence so we can actually talk about them, please.

I think he means "all of them" in the context of "every ability on the file" because dargoo has been adding references stuff to his verses recently. DId it on a bunch of worm files, I noticed.

Drite77 said:
Why are they 9-B again? Lucio doesn't have alot of lore material about him, and i don't think that the explosion scales to Sym physically
Because their weapons have consistent 9-B feats and they scale to each ither as they use the same weapons

Dargoo Faust said:
See, you're saying "everyone is 9-A but Lucio and Sym who are 9-B" but we've spent nearly the past thread and a half trying to get information on scaling for characters who haven't even interacted with the 9-As and feats from Lucio and Sym (who aren't even combatants in lore to begin with, honestly) and receiving nothing but backtracking and shifting discussions.

Just lay out all your claims and your evidence so we can actually talk about them, please.
I literally gave an entire massive list of who.scales to who and why they scale in the previous thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back