• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

overwatch sigma scaling update

Hi everyone, I went here and found that Sigma scales to large building level, and that got me surprised and disappointed...
Before you read, all the informations that I got are all from the official overwatch website and the books and the in-game interactions (I cant put a link for these two since they aren't from a website or something like that) and finally his hero release video.
First, let's talk about lore. Lore wise, sigma is able to control gravity, yes, gravity of everything literally everything. Furthermore, he is able to harness the power of any black hole and even create millions and billions of them. he is also able to live in space with his power without dying since it was proven that he went to space and then went back to earth safely. sigma would cap at 3-C, which is Galaxy level. With abilities like controlling gravity, harnessing the power of black holes, and creating black holes, Sigma would possess immense cosmic power. Since he can manipulate gravity on a galactic scale and create black holes, it's safe to say that Sigma is able to destroy an entire galaxy. He could also reach 3-B since gravity can bring galaxies into collision courses with each other. By exerting control over gravitational forces, Sigma could accelerate the process of galactic collisions. These collisions can lead to the merging of galaxies, triggering intense bursts of star formation, and potentially feeding supermassive black holes with vast amounts of gas and dust and leading to destruction of multiple galaxies. so Sigma would be at 3-B. but i guess the one who made Sigma's page isn't that interested in lore, and he isn't updating it... big proof that Sigma's age isn't correct since overwatch already stated his age, and it doesn't match what on the page. i wish that would be updated and fixed. Sigma doesn't deserve to be building level. He deserves to be at multi galaxy level.

No. Apsolutely not.

We actually SEE Sigma fighting in-lore, and he's not turning everyone to their constituent atoms.

Very, VERY bluntly put, Overwatch needs reworks not CRTs that wank one character or another.

With abilities like controlling gravity, harnessing the power of black holes, and creating black holes, Sigma would possess immense cosmic power. Since he can manipulate gravity on a galactic scale and create black holes, it's safe to say that Sigma is able to destroy an entire galaxy.
I’m afraid this isn’t how scaling works. We can’t just assume that Sigma can destroy a galaxy without him actually doing so, or being stated to be capable of doing so.
He could also reach 3-B since gravity can bring galaxies into collision courses with each other. By exerting control over gravitational forces, Sigma could accelerate the process of galactic collisions. These collisions can lead to the merging of galaxies, triggering intense bursts of star formation, and potentially feeding supermassive black holes with vast amounts of gas and dust and leading to destruction of multiple galaxies. so Sigma would be at 3-B.
Likewise, this isn’t valid either. Just being able to control gravity does not automatically mean he can move entire galaxies without any feats or lore to suggest that he can.

Not to mention that even if these scaling avenues were valid, 3-C/3-B would be a massive outlier for Overwatch.

No. Apsolutely not.

We actually SEE Sigma fighting in-lore, and he's not turning everyone to their constituent atoms.

Very, VERY bluntly put, Overwatch needs reworks not CRTs that wank one character or another.
First where did you saw sigma fighting in lore? Like a TRUE fight? Second, according to logic, being able to control gravity & black holes would possibly make you able to destroy entire solar systems and even galaxies.

I’m afraid this isn’t how scaling works. We can’t just assume that Sigma can destroy a galaxy without him actually doing so, or being stated to be capable of doing so.

Likewise, this isn’t valid either. Just being able to control gravity does not automatically mean he can move entire galaxies without any feats or lore to suggest that he can.

Not to mention that even if these scaling avenues were valid, 3-C/3-B would be a massive outlier for Overwatch.
Well according to LOGIC if he can control gravity and harness the power of black holes and create them logically he can do that. Also as i said sigma was proven to be able to control gravity at galactic levels.

First where did you saw sigma fighting in lore? Like a TRUE fight? Second, according to logic, being able to control gravity & black holes would possibly make you able to destroy entire solar systems and even galaxies.
Logic can kiss my white boney ass, Mauga trailer shows Sigma on the front lines with everyone else and there was still a planet there

ALSO

Sigma's Black Holes act nothing like real ones when we do see them, so sorry, no amount of "logic"(wank) is gonna get tier 3 Sigma. Or even tier 5.

Last edited:
Well according to LOGIC if he can control gravity and harness the power of black holes and create them logically he can do that.
Again, not how scaling works. If he didn’t do it and he‘s not stated or even implied to be capable of doing it, it’s not going on the profile.
Also as i said sigma was proven to be able to control gravity at galactic levels.
You certainly did say that, but you haven’t provided evidence to prove that he can do such a thing.

Logic can kiss my white boney ass, Mauga trailer shows Sigma on the front lines with everyone else and there was still a planet there

ALSO

Sigma's Black Holes act nothing like real ones when we do see them, so sorry, no amount of "logic"(wank) is gonna get tier 3 Sigma. Or even tier 5.
I would agree about he didn't show feats doing that but, mauga trailer? You call mauga trailer that sigma was fighting there? He was literally standing still. And why should he destroy the planet for no reason if he works with talon who needs earth to live in? And about seeing Sigma's black holes thats just in-game we never saw him unleashing one lore wise. Again yes i would agree about that he showed no feats "for now" but the mauga thing and the black holes are stupidly wrong sorry.

I would agree about he didn't show feats doing that but, mauga trailer? You call mauga trailer that sigma was fighting there? He was literally standing still. And why should he destroy the planet for no reason if he works with talon who needs earth to live in? And about seeing Sigma's black holes thats just in-game we never saw him unleashing one lore wise. Again yes i would agree about that he showed no feats "for now" but the mauga thing and the black holes are stupidly wrong sorry.
It's literally a battlefield scenario. Do you think that's just a happy walk down the park for Talon of all Organizations? Plus, you'd kinda have to prove Sigma has full control of his powers, because... well he kinda doesn't. It's repeatedly stated that he's always viewing the infinite universe and can't really focus, even with the fact he has a badly fractured mind(one part of which is implied to be extremely violent) combining with that.

Mate, if your argument is "he never unleashed one in lore" then you might as well just ask Tracer to close the thread becuase you quite literally have nothing going for you. We will go by what we've seen and have seen stated, not what you feel like.

So we also upgrade Zarya’s ult to 3-C and then everyone by tanking it.
TBF, I've eradicated all forms of PvP scaling from how we treat the shit right now, so Zarya's ult would be something that scales to herself and nobody else

TBF, I've eradicated all forms of PvP scaling from how we treat the shit right now, so Zarya's ult would be something that scales to herself and nobody else
Then I agree with the thread!!!

Jokes aside I don’t think the Mauga trailer is any different from PvP.

It's literally a battlefield scenario. Do you think that's just a happy walk down the park for Talon of all Organizations? Plus, you'd kinda have to prove Sigma has full control of his powers, because... well he kinda doesn't. It's repeatedly stated that he's always viewing the infinite universe and can't really focus, even with the fact he has a badly fractured mind(one part of which is implied to be extremely violent) combining with that.

Mate, if your argument is "he never unleashed one in lore" then you might as well just ask Tracer to close the thread becuase you quite literally have nothing going for you. We will go by what we've seen and have seen stated, not what you feel like.
You cant just assume how the battle scenario would look like.. also ill never keep going on wrong arguments. If i lose one I'd just accept it and go on. But about the mauga thing, actually still we cant assume its a battlefield were sigma wasnt able to use his powers in since that wasn't stated or proven. And we concede for now btw.

Then I agree with the thread!!!

Jokes aside I don’t think the Mauga trailer is any different from PvP.
Basically, gameplay trailers, not canon. PvP, can be taken for abilities and a likey on interaction stuff, no everyone scales to everyone crap.

Everything else: fully canon.

That's now we do it RN
You cant just assume how the battle scenario would look like.. also ill never keep going on wrong arguments. If i lose one I'd just accept it and go on. But about the mauga thing, actually still we cant assume its a battlefield were sigma wasnt able to use his powers in since that wasn't stated or proven. And we concede for now btw.
Mate. Do you think Mauga is the kinda guy to waste ammo doing stupid shit? We have literally seen that he tries not to waste bullets in every scenario he fights in, he's not shooting at walls unless it's suppressing fire... which is a combative scenario.

So either way, it's Sigma in combat with powers we know for a fact he can't 100% control, if you don't want to admit that, it ain't my problem.

Basically, gameplay trailers, not canon. PvP, can be taken for abilities and a likey on interaction stuff, no everyone scales to everyone crap.

Everything else: fully canon.

That's now we do it RN

Mate. Do you think Mauga is the kinda guy to waste ammo doing stupid shit? We have literally seen that he tries not to waste bullets in every scenario he fights in, he's not shooting at walls unless it's suppressing fire... which is a combative scenario.

So either way, it's Sigma in combat with powers we know for a fact he can't 100% control, if you don't want to admit that, it ain't my problem.
Mate. You got misunderstanding. And its maybe you didn't even read my reply well lmao. "You cant just assume [[[HOW]]] the battlefield would look like" the word "HOW" means you cant assume how was sigma fighting there and if he was using his powers or not. Why? Because the scene just shows sigma and the others standing still with the exception mauga. I didn't say " nah uh thats not a battlefield" its obvious that it was a battlefield but it wasn't shown "HOW" the battlefield and the fighting there looked like.

Mate. You got misunderstanding. And its maybe you didn't even read my reply well lmao. "You cant just assume [[[HOW]]] the battlefield would look like" the word "HOW" means you cant assume how was sigma fighting there and if he was using his powers or not. Why? Because the scene just shows sigma and the others standing still with the exception mauga. I didn't say " nah uh thats not a battlefield" its obvious that it was a battlefield but it wasn't shown "HOW" the battlefield and the fighting there looked like.
Well we don't know [[[HOW]]] Sigma controls gravity, for all we know he's just using one molecule for gravity and can destroy it, which means he can destroy the galaxy in.... well kinda hard to say how many years but a long ass time!

Well we don't know [[[HOW]]] Sigma controls gravity, for all we know he's just using one molecule for gravity and can destroy it, which means he can destroy the galaxy in.... well kinda hard to say how many years but a long ass time!
lmao we concede buddy and ig u should keep going on ur ow scalings i kinda like ur scans!

lmao we concede buddy and ig u should keep going on ur ow scalings i kinda like ur scans!
Why don't you get that other guy competent in profiles and knowledgeable on Overwatch AND willing to actually do so to rework the old crap... oh, what was his name again? Michaelmcdoesntexist?

If you don't like my work on the vast majority of the competent profiles, then you can learn how to do it better and do it yourself!

Why don't you get that other guy competent in profiles and knowledgeable on Overwatch AND willing to actually do so to rework the old crap... oh, what was his name again? Michaelmcdoesntexist?

If you don't like my work on the vast majority of the competent profiles, then you can learn how to do it better and do it yourself!
who is that guy?

Back