• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
rip

Honestly I feel like there isn't a single character other than Gazef that's actually fully explored, discounting pure fodder.

Making a profile for Clementine.

Apparently, with her full equipment, it was said she could take out a fully-equipped Gazef? If so, I'll place her at 8-C.

Assaltwaffle said:
She said that only Gazef and a couple others could beat her.
No, I'm talking about a different statement. Might have been word of God.

I'm working off of the wiki so I'm double checking the facts here.

@Yobo I thought we did and I added it, noting that it's only proven to work up to Ainz' level.

@Dargoo

Ah alright. Also good idea on fact checking. Blindly copying stuff is a quick way to spread false information.

I gotta start thinking of good matches. Would Gil or Lucetta be good matches for him? I know he has time stop, so how about The Stalker? Maybe Medaka or Strange? Perhaps a Masadsverse character could match him

Oh, and Ditto and Doppelgangers matches obviously need to be made

Keep in mind PA can't replicate Super-Tier Magic or World-Tier items from what I remember.

Shit, I found the word of god:

"Clementine (Black Scripture Equipment) > Gazef (All 5 Kingdom Treasure Equipment) > Clementine (Equipment used during the fight against Momon) > Hamsuke > Gazef > Brain > Gagaran > Zero > Wall > Zaryusu > Climb > a tiger > average human"

It was from the Author Q/A in 2015.

Considering that, though, shouldn't Brain be 8-C and base Gazef be 8-C from scaling so far above Zaryusu?

Wasn't Zaryusu the one who killed the Lich?

If Brain and Gazef scale above him like that, then Clem, Hamuske, Brain, and Gazef should all be 8-C.

Also that places Climb at 9-B via Word of God, lol.

Also, in case I haven't hammered this out enough:

"According to the info from those chaps in the Windflower, there's only five people in this country who can give me a good fight. Gazef Stronoff. Gagaran of Blue Rose. Luisenburg Albelion of Red Drop. Brain Unglaus. Also, the retired Vestia Croft Di Lofan… though none of them could beat me even if they went all-out. Not even if I was without the magic items from my country."

So that lines up with the WoG scaling. Of course, she doesn't know about the Five Treasures.

I would recommend that you don't simply list who the power came from, but instead mention the spell. Or, you can simply not list what it is via and just let the power and abilities section explain it. Alternatively, use the approach I took with Lucetta Quetzl. List out the list of the abilities she receives from each character as their own list. For example:

Fate Manipulation, Causality Manipulation, and Fungus Manipulation from Momon. Higher dimensional manipulation, fire manipulation (can stars into great balls of flame), and pain manipulation from Hilbert the Living Hilbert Space. Etc. Etc.

So, can we agree that Brain, Gazeff, Clementine, and Hamuske should be 8-C via scaling far above Zaryusu, who scales to a .22 Ton feat?

Also expect a 9-B Climb profile, kek.

"World Class Items.

These items were closely linked to the game world of YGGDRASIL.

The World Tree Yggdrasil had countless leaves, but then a gigantic monster appeared which devoured these leaves, causing them to fall one after the other, until only nine were left. These nine leaves were the previous incarnations of the Nine Worlds: Asgard, Alfheim, Vanaheim, Nidavellir, Midgard, Jotunheim, Niflheim, Helheim, and Muspelheim.

However, that leaf-eating monster continued its advance on those nine remaining leaves. This was the backstory upon which the players adventured into unknown worlds in order to protect their own world.

What did those World Class Items represent? They were equivalent to those other leaves — in other words, a single World Class Item represented a world. Thus, the basic design principle of World Class Items was that they possessed enormous power, and indeed, many World Class Items were extremely powerful.

Many players had even expressed the opinion that these items were too imbalanced, but the developers simply replied, "The possibilities of the world are not that small," and showed no intention of changing these balance breakers.

The developers seemed to have a soft spot for the word "World," and so any class or monster with "World" in its name was usually much stronger than normal.

To the developers, the incredibly powerful last boss of the main campaign storyline — known as the "World Eater" — was the signature World Class Enemy. In addition, only the winners of a tournament held in each world could become a "World Champion."

I still don't really see how this would scale Touch Me.

"The developers seemed to have a soft spot for the word "World," and so any class or monster with "World" in its name was usually much stronger than normal."

This specific line gives me a bunch of doubt that World Champion Class characters would even scale in the smallest sense, as it outright states that the devs liked to name a lot of things 'world', including stronger enemies.

I don't think anyone scales from the World Items themselves, and most of them are hax-based.

So it just seems like 'World', outside of the context of the items themselves, just means 'stronger than usual'.

PaChi2 said:
The heck I wasnt invited to the discussion thread of one of my favourite verses.
>looks at verse page

>doesn't see your name on supporters

>looks at verse page

>doesn't see your name on supporters

In my defense, Im not in any verse's supporter list.

Anyway, I'll get the quote at a later date, because it's taking a while to find, so I'd rather discuss the World Items themselves.

Yobobojojo said:
Anyway, I'll get the quote at a later date, because it's taking a while to find, so I'd rather discuss the World Items themselves.
Can you check if World Break is compared to World Items?

World Break just cuts through spacetime and duranegs as a result, similar but superior to Ainz' Reality Slash.

Dargoo Faust said:
World Break just cuts through spacetime and duranegs as a result, similar but superior to Ainz' Reality Slash.
But it has World in its name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back