• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.IX

Ugarik said:
By the way class 10 is way too low for Ainz. I'm sure that dragon was way heavier than an african elephant not to mention Ainz could casualy toss his body around. Even claas 25 would probably be a huge low ball
do you have a guess as to what it should be then?

afaik, the size of the dragon is never stated, so all we have to go on in the art

Apeironaxim said:
do you have a guess as to what it should be then?

afaik, the size of the dragon is never stated, so all we have to go on in the art
Wait, really? No mention mention of earth shaking as he moves, any comparison to anything else in the enviroment, towering over stuff, nothing?

You would feel Muramaya is trolling us now.

My guess is At least '''Class 50''' . I think this dragon shouldn't be much lighter than a sperm whale and he still could cary his body around extremely casualy.

wait, Ainz is roughly a lvl 30 warrior in physical abilites, so would this possibly scale to Yuri, who is much more focused on physical stats then the other Pleiades?

hell, maybe even the other Pleiades as well, considering Narberal overpowered a Skeletal Dragon

Yes on Yuri, as her physical stats should be above.

No to the others expect maybe Lupus, who I think had close enough physical abilities? The Skeletal Dragons are, well, skeleta. There's a lot of weight lose with the fat and muscles and viscera and water trimmed off.

so every Guardian, Yuri, and Ainz would get "Class 50, likely higher" ?

with Lupus getting "Class 25, possibly Class 50" ?

Yuri and Lupus should be alright, yes, since they have bigger physical damage than Ainz.

And yes, I know is a dumb way of deciding it, but unlike CZ who is a ranger and Solution who uses her slime racial abilities, those two mainly punch you in the face to deal damage, so I feel confident their muscles are just stronger and that they can scale.

Entoma is also close to Ainz in this stat, but her damage comes from her summons and feels very unlikely to me her raw strength scales to theirs.

Lupus is a higher level then Yuri and her Attack is close to Yuri's, not to mention she is a combat cleric, which is why she should scale, not just because of the stat numbers

If we were going purely by stat numbers on the sheets, CZ phys attack is higher then Demi's, as well as his magic attack iirc, so then CZ would scale to the Guardians, which is obviously a no go

taking the context into account, i'm iffy on Entoma, considering she's a jack of all trades and doesn't really excel in any one stat, while Yuri is pure physical

Yes, is what I meant. Going by stats makes sense for Yuri and Lupus as their whole fighting style is punching things, so the damage they deal can be a good indicator that their strength is comparable or above.

CZ, however, deals most or all of her damage as far as we have seen with weapons and stuff, which wouldn't scale to her bodily strength unless anything else indicates the opposite.

Entoma has summons that battle for her or serve as weapons, so is just unlikely she scales in physical strength to that stat.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
CZ, however, deals most or all of her damage as far as we have seen with weapons and stuff, which wouldn't scale to her bodily strength unless anything else indicates the opposite.
i was moreso just emphasizing that deciding by use of the stat sheets is iffy at best. And also my point wasn't about scaling to lifting strength, since going by the stat sheet as a decider would make CZ scale in AP to the Guardians, due to her Attack being higher then Demi's. I think the stat sheets are more a general look in the context of their level, if that makes sense

Vergil Lucifer said:
Hamsuke is rather strong and a warrior but is weak to mental effects due to being an animal
Since vol.10 Hamske has an item that give him immune to mental effects

ah, forgot about her weakness section. I can remove that part of it

also there is no downgrade thread for Overlord yet. Heating and Cooling feats are being revised, and Creation froze a lake. And there's a possibilty of something happening with clouds as well, so we're just waiting for the thread to conclude before doing anything

anyway, back the dragon feat, how does this list look for who scales:

Ainz and the Guardians

Yuri

Lupus (instead of straight "Class 50" would get "Possibly Class 50")

Go Gin (was equal to Ainz in warrior abilities and strength iirc, and has the Racial benefits to help back it up. I would suggest at least "Possibly Class 50")

ok but can i get an actual answer please on what you think about the list and if i'm missing anyone who should also scale

I'm not sure how'd you scale lifting strength there. Ainz is lvl 33 in physicals, so theoretically ppl like Go Gin could scale, but that doesn't sound quite right.

she's 8 levels higher then Yuri and is essentially a combat cleric, so she has some solid physical abilites, but probably not enough to be straight Class 50 imo

Should Ainz get Power Nullification with Ultimate Disturb? It increases the target's magic resist, while it wrecks their ability to cast spells.

In the game, it could only be used on allies, but since the New World doesn't seem to differentiate Friendly Fire stuff, it should be usable on enemies now.

Prologue.

"Well, if there was a way to cast this on the enemy, their caster-types would be useless," Ulbert muttered as he used a wand to cast spells.

[Ultimate Disturb] was a spell which greatly increases an ally's magic resistance, at the price of wrecking their ability to cast spells. It was plainly obvious that one could neuter an enemy mage if the spell could be cast on them.

"Well, I doubt you could ever pull that trick off," Yamaiko replied as she cast a healing spell from her wand.

i'm not sure, seems more like a specific mechanic of the spell itself to only be usable on allies

i don't think such a thing would be changed by coming to New World

The New World doesn't seem to differentiate allies and enemies though, due to the No Friendly Fire mechanic being gone. They can't create a party and things like that.

Back