• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.IX

I've been told that an issue with another verse is similar to an issue you guys have had with mid-tier scaling? If so, could anyone help with this so we could get both issues resolved?

Basically about the issues of game mechanics and characters getting harmed by something and still living because of HP. Like how Pleiades can take spells from Ainz even with the massive power difference, or that Gagaran vs Entoma stuff.

those Pleiades were buffed and were also Doppelgangers, so that first one doesn't apply

and the only person who can help is Maruyama by giving us more feats

no, it doesn't

you are not gonna tell me they would scale, especially when they were buffed so much

there's also the fact Reality Slash negs dura, so there would be nothing to scale

Ainz wouldn't throw a Reality Slash if he thought it'd kill them.

It still deals more "damage" than regular spells, which is kinda the issue here. The HP stuff.

YGGDRASIL was an MMO in-verse, so yes, the HP is the main problem

a lvl 1 could do damage to, say, a level 70 or something, even if it's only 1 damage or less

obviously that wouldn't mean they are at all comparable, but it makes things a little difficult

the closest i could equate it to is when a character attacks someone vastly out of their league, and can only cause a minor scratch

I rule comparable simply in terms of being able to deal not insignificant damage to the other party and being able to receive not insignificant damage but not enough that you'd be stomped in one or a few hits. Both not need to happen at once, AP and Dura not being the same is not impossible.

To this you obviously add context, though. Dealing not insignificant damage to Aura and to Albedo are vastly different. As is dealing not insignificant damage with a spell to Ainz versus anyone else, when his magical defense is among the highest in Nazarick.

another thing with the doppel Pleiades, Doppelgangers have their own HP values afaik, so even then, it wouldn't compare to the actual Pleiades

let's just continue to use the brackets with low tier, mid tier and high tier who all rely on their own feats and just treat everything weird caused by MMO mechanics as an outlier

A blog might me necessary if everyone comes to an agreement (in the future, specifically after next volume). But i'll keep saying that the degree of damage really depends on the level difference and/or tool used.

"Sand Field— All!"

Sand particles dispersed throughout the surroundings. Although Delta was too far away to reach, Alpha was completely caught in the area. Because it would affect one's comrades too, this spell was useless in a group fight. Any opponent within its area would be immobilized, as well as being blinded, silenced and dazed. On top of that, because of Evileye's trump card, the sand was infused with negative energy that would drain life force.

could this all fit under Status Effect Inducement?

Also i assume being immobilized would just be paralysis?

afaik, Evileye doesn't have any of this in her Abilities section

So, since freezing and storm feats are probably getting nuked, we should start thinking of a tier for the lvl 100s, or they'll all go to High 8-C. >_>

Maruyama oversees and clarifies scenes for the Manga, so we could just use the manga version of Fallen Down

also Infinite, does that look good to add to Evileye's profile, the thing above?

You can see the sharks inside and they're 6 meters long, aren't they? Don't think it works, it's too skinny.

You might be able to get a tier out of a tornado of that size though.

Still, you can see how long they are compared to the width of the tornado.

And the tornado is too skinny anyway, the LN one had the diameter as half of the height, which is clearly not the case there.

i doubt that tornado is big enough to get a good tier out of it

also does it count if it's made from magic or not

listen, i don't make the rules. Maruyama didn't see anything wrong with it and approved it, so now we're here

Back