• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.IX

well damn someone who has in total 15 evil lords at his command (with summoning and his merceneries) can **** up just about any NW country beyond repair

IIRC he didn't want to use Nazarick's resources without asking for permission.

...In the Epilogue, Ainz says 'Demiurge, I will leave it to you'. After being told to 'Destroy the Theocracy' Demiurge in the prologue of the next volume will begin a report saying 'I have destroyed the Theocracy' After that, I want the Theocracy to never be talked about as there was nothing left!

It's not from their perspective. I thought that was obvious. It's the author's note/summary/thoughts after the chapter. Also he's the full quote

...In the Epilogue, Ainz says 'Demiurge, I will leave it to you'.
After being told to 'Destroy the Theocracy' Demiurge in the prologue of the next volume will begin a report saying 'I have destroyed the Theocracy'

After that, I want the Theocracy to never be talked about as there was nothing left!

Well the Theocracy is the guardian of mankind.

There is no lie in this statement. Everything they do is for the sake of mankind as a species.

I assure you, Overlord does not have a country looking out for justice (for humans) and their well-being like them.

I would be happy if you could discern such feelings from this arc. I hope the Theocracy will be happy in the future!'

also, wouldn't his speed have "higher with Martial Arts"?

Instant Flash and God Flash are meant to be incredibly fast strikes, with God Flash being a better version of Instant Flash

iirc, after Shalltear caught his first strike, he put even more into his second strike, and described it as being even faster, saying he wouldn't even be able to react to strike of that speed

here it is

He swung down with his katana, using his body weight to further hasten his blow. As he cast his stress aside, he was certain that this swing was faster than the previous one. Even he had no way of defending against a strike of that speed.

Supposedly, no one near his level can react to his God Slash, even Zero would instantly die against it, iirc. So it should be way higher than the normal speed, ye.

Volume 14 soon.

finally 5-B Ainz sama to make every cheap op main protagonist look pathetic like the gross little shit stain they are /s

I mean, Light Novel Rimuru would still end him.
I didn't even know what that profile looked like... last time I saw it Ainz sama would still have the edge.

I guess I have to become isekai'd become a god and eliminate the concepts of self insert and power creep

(goes to pray to a picture of Lucifer Morningstar some more)

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
If we eliminate all Web duddles, then Ainz goes as well, he did start as a Web Novel :U
how different is Web Novel Ainz?

AP wouldn't really help Ainz, hell, pretty sure most of his matches are against people far stronger

he just needs more resistances, or at least better showings of existing resistances

not so much in power iirc but he's more of a manipulator from the shadows than the Ainz we know who leaves the tomb quite often himself. (one of the reasons Albedo exists in the LN is to take the administrative work off Ainz to make him able to be a more active protag.)

i'll edit Brain's profile then

High 8-C with Nail Clipper

and "higher with Martial Arts" for his speed

Apeironaxim said:
Memory is fuzzy so hard to say. The three sisters, Albedo and her two girls, aren't a thing for instance. And I think it just ended with Ainz making everyone from a court, maybe the Re-Estize's empires, immortal and more or less under his thumb if I am remembering right. It has been a heck of a while.

i just want a solid mind related hax feat that's not from a WCI, cause even if it's never used on Ainz, we know he'd be immune to it

Apeironaxim said:
LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
If we eliminate all Web duddles, then Ainz goes as well, he did start as a Web Novel :U
I think he is more limited in casting? Like, in the LN his MP Regenerationn surpasses his consumption if he sticks to low-level spells, but in the WN he would run out of gas at some point.

ÒÇÇAssume that a magic caster has 100 MP. He could use tier 1 magic 100 times. However, he could only use tier 10 magic not more than 10 times.

ÒÇÇOverlords were another exception.

ÒÇÇAlso, there was strengthening magic—-For example, chantless magic, magic strengthening, magic conversion—-If you used these, the MP cost would increase.

ÒÇÇThe time it took to completely recover your MP was 6 hours. Basically, if you only used the highest tier, you would soon run out of gas.

ÒÇÇIncidentally, the base MP was the level times 10. And then there were stat bonuses, special achievements, equipment modification and class modifications. Momonga currently had 1980 points. This was mostly due to the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown and the fact that he was a top class magic caster in Yggdrasil. Since most level 100 players have 1300 points, it is simple to understand the magnitude of the capacity.

eh it could just be a tease or he appears in an intermission.

but this will probably be the volume when he starts getting wind of the threat that appeared

Intermissions seem to happen in their own time, so I don't think it's that. Teaser would be a crime against humanity. If you mean vol 3, Shalltear getting mindhaxed then it's about damn time lol.

I just think it won't be extremely overly fast paced. the volume is going to be about war with re estize and it's the biggest of the books until now so even if there will be another arc other than re estize it won't decrease in quality because it's rushed

it's also likely just going to be a fight against the armor, with actual PDL not showing up

watch Ainz convert PDL to his side at the end

I thought it would be kingdom, it seem to be Dragon Kingdom, I think. The entity behind Ainz is probably a manifestation of one of the abilities of his world item.

Just gonna copy paste this because laughing is nice.

Ainz: Ho? You're approaching me? Instead of running away, you're coming right to me? Even though your comrade, Rigrit, told you the secret of [The Overlord], like an exam student scrambling to finish the problems on an exam until the last moments before the chime?

PDL: I can't beat the shit out of you if I don't get closer.

Ainz: Hoho! Then by all means, come as close as you like!

• bang*!
Ainz: Too slow, too slow! [The Overlord] is the ultimate Stand! Even without its power to control death, its magic and mana far exceed that of your [Lord Platinum]!

PDL: So it's the same type of Stand as [Lord Platinum]...

I don't care who wins if there is a clear confrontation, I'd just like seeing more on what kind of resources PDL has on him since he has access to the floating guild, the kind of powers he has and what makes him, exactly, a perfect counter for Shalltear and Ainz? Or maybe perfect enemy was the word used I forget.

Could just be Light magic bullshit, but I really really doubt it. Such a small thing shouldn't be enough for how he was described and Shalltear's kind of resilience wouldn't make that matter much if at all.

Back