• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.IX

Well victims main purpose is to die to induce a paralysis effect so...Not much can really be done with him, he's not made to serve as a combatant so we're unlikely to get much more from him feat wise beyond learning how his paralyzing effect works.

he's made to ick you out so when you kill him in disgust and fear you curse yourself all the harder from the goddamn heavy ass debuff that is gonna nail your ass.

Well he should still be "relatively strong" from new world standarts. I also compared a few of his stats to the lowest stats of Nazarick denizens and he should probably still be stronger than most New worlders who are under the realm of heros

I think he could beat climb for example

Huh you may have a point pretty sure pre training ainz mentioned only gazef and clemintime standing a real chance against her and now she has martial arts and warrior class levels along with armor.

Death Knights are only 9-A offensively, though. Also, if Hamsuke's High 8-C, then so is Go Gin, and that would disqualify him from the bracket (though that is irrelevant).

They just spar. I don't think Hamsuke's trying to actually hurt it. Though I do admit her being able to grapple with it is evidence in favor.

Ugh this hurts my head a bit, hamsuke was already a match for gazef (Physically atleast) pre training, she's now gone up enough levels to learn martial arts and wear armor, this should denote a decent increase in strength and overall fighting power.

Ill point out their training was refrenced as bringing to mind the thought of death

Exactly it leaves us in a bit of an odd position overall, I think the current rating should remain due to the ambiguity shrouding exactly how much stronger hamsuke has gotten. (Hopefully we'll get an updated character sheet for her in the future or at least some information on the number of levels required to wear armor)

She can take hits from Ainz, who could one shot Clementine, though i dont know how hard he was going

He was testing his strength so its not really easy to quantify, still with training it's safe to assume hamsuke has surpassed gazef and clementine in sheer physical ability by a decent margin.

pretty sure it just bypasses magical defenses and such

it would be like Go Gin fighting Ainz when he turned his immunity stuff off, but Razor Edge would just bypass it allowing Gazef to harm Ainz, even if only the bare minimum definition of "harm"

that's just because it's a good sword and Gazef is strong

Brain mentioned he could cut armored men in half easily, doesn't mean he has dura neg

"Stronoff-dono. Do you have any idea of this sword's power?"

"I fully understand it. This sword has an unreal sharpness that can cut metal like paper."

It's just a really sharp boi, though you could at least use this to say Gazef's AP should be "Higher with Razor Edge", but i would hesitate to say it completely bypass armor

i mean, i guess you could argue that Gazef is mistaking its dura neg properties as unreal sharpness, but seems like a stretch that way

regardless, Razor Edge should be able to cut 8-C metal like Adamantite like paper, so that's something

I always hate when people in debates somewhere think that razor edge is an actual threat to Ainz just because he said it CAN technically kill him even though he meant that it is able to damage him at all even if only like 1 HP at a time and not that it could one hit him.

... shonen and justice always wins fans are quite the handful lol

To be honest, no clue. Maybe as a sort of limited invulnerability, but unless something with more AP and none of those things hit her, can only scale it up to her relative tier I think.

What I figured just was rereading the dwarven kingdom arc and saw a line about and it and was a bit baffled. Shouldn't we note it somewhere on her profile resistant to mundane weapons?

Ugh the biggest problems with getting feats for her resistance is anything stronger then her in verse will have magic imbued into their attacks in some form...

the interesting thing is when she turns off her regular defenses in Volume 3 against a group of adventurers, it gets shown a little

they end up stabbing and impaling her a couple times, but she notes they aren't "damaging" her

which is interesting that damage to body =/= actual damage to her health unless the weapon meets criteria

Yeah overlords health pool system is still bizzare to me and things like this just add more layers. Though we probably need to add a note/resistance on her profile for the ability.

the thing that makes it more difficult is what it means by embued by magic

because even non-enchanted weapons could possibly count, since data = mana according to Ainz when talking about the strength and quality of items

and obviously that's a verse mechanic, so we can't apply it to other verses

True and shalltear mention beast with natrual weponry can have their attacks count as magical But only powerful beast and it's seemingly not the same for all strong beast...Ugh overlord your mechanics baffle me again.

In Overlord, it obviously means literally any weapon worth its salt because it has been likely upgraded, is already some big shit, and in general it would seem that any weapon of a high enough level is just steeped in mana one way or another.

As for Verse equalization, I'd just use anyone with a weapon that gets wreathed in shit like their aura or that is said to be covered by anything similar, that is made of magical materials, that the process itself relied on some magic, or if it has some magical properties.

Even Gazef can imbue his weapons with some sort of Aura due to an Art which allows him to hit ghosts and stuff, if I remember right.

Yeah how I figured we'd treat it just wanted to double check others thoughts/had ideas on.

Now onto another matter anyone mind me sperating out shalltears resistances into a seperate tabber?

Back