• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.IX

Yes. However, we haven't seen Ainz's own ranged protection animated yet, so we can't use that to compare them.

Cocytus possible range
what do you guys think is about the distance between Cocytus and the furthest Lizardmen?
since Cocytus said his Frost Aura would even engulf the Lizardmen spectating the fight should he not reduce its range

ah, never mind

LN says he stopped at roughly 30 meters away from the Lizardmen, though i assume that is referring to the front of the group, so prob a little more then that, but good enough

speaking of, hope we get some more info on guys like Cocytus and Sebas. Especially Sebas, dude doesn't have much info released

i'm sure he won't have many complex and super op abilities as a monk, but anything would be nice. Though i don't know DnD, so if Monks get super stronk there, then maybe there's some hope

FDrybob said:
iirc, the guardians have protection from all ranged attacks weaker than their level. It's described differently from the passage you cited, so it's possible that you're meant to take it at his word.
since Cocytus just says protection from ranged attacks in general, and not just low level ones, would it be reasonable to assume it would at least reduce the damage from ranged attacks of a comparable level, though obv not negate them

speaking of Cocytus

Shalltear: I think those three tentacles that Aura and Mare missed are meant for us to do as we please. Well, we were anticipating that as well, thus we ran at a moderate pace arinskada.
Cocytus: Just. As. I. Thought. Then, I. Will. Also. Draw. My. Weapon. It's coming!
An impact is heard.
Cocytus: SMITE FROST BURN!
A winter wind colliding with something and the crackling sound of objects freezing are heard followed by a shatter sound.
Cocytus: Two more to go. It's not over yet. Razor Edge! Rakshasa!

Cocytus seems to imply his Smite Frost Burn took out the whole tentacle, so wouldn't this make his range with it 300 meters, since that's how long the tentacles are iirc?

Ainz: Branch tentacles beitting of its formidable size. Hoh…Looks like their length can easily surpass 300 meters. And there are six of them. Hm.

yea, at least 300 meters

Cocytus: I've already activated my skills. Wind! MACABRE SMITE FROSTBURN!
The sound of the two tentacles can be heard soon followed by a low-pitch shattering.
Shalltear: Ahhh…Both tentacles are…My part has been…
Cocytus: Sorry.

Happens again here, with Shalltear's reaction supporting Cocytus took out the entirety of the tentacles he was targeting

so am i ok to change the range of his Smite Frost Burn?

so since they were likely near the end of the tentacles, as Cocytus seems to take them out entirely, wouldn't this upgrade IWKS's range?

he didn't move from his spot afaik, and he was clearly going to hit the giant tree from his position with it

so 300 meters, possibly higher with Smite Frost Burn and Immovable Wisdom King Strike sound ok?

ÒÇÉÒé¬ÒâÉÒâ×Òé╣ÒÇæþÑØ´╝üõ©ÇÕæ¿Õ╣┤´╝ü´╝üso-binµ░ŵÅÅÒüìõ©ïÒéìÒüùµû░ÒâóÒâóÒâ│Òé¼´╝üÒé¬ÒâÉÒâ×Òé╣1Õæ¿Õ╣┤Þ¿ÿÕ┐ÁÒé¡ÒâúÒâ│ÒâÜÒâ╝Òâ│Õñºµö¥Õç║´╝ü´╝üÒÇÉÒé¬ÒâÉÒâ×Òé╣µö¥ÚÇüÕ▒Ç Òé╣Òâ®ÒéñÒâáÕ¡ÉÒÇæÒÇÉÒé¬Òâ╝ÒâÉÒâ╝Òâ¡Òâ╝ÒâëÒÇæ
ÒÇÉÒé¬ÒâÉÒâ×Òé╣ÒÇæþÑØ´╝üõ©ÇÕæ¿Õ╣┤´╝ü´╝üso-binµ░ŵÅÅÒüìõ©ïÒéìÒüùµû░ÒâóÒâóÒâ│Òé¼´╝üÒé¬ÒâÉÒâ×Òé╣1Õæ¿Õ╣┤Þ¿ÿÕ┐ÁÒé¡ÒâúÒâ│ÒâÜÒâ╝Òâ│Õñºµö¥Õç║´╝ü´╝üÒÇÉÒé¬ÒâÉÒâ×Òé╣µö¥ÚÇüÕ▒Ç Òé╣Òâ®ÒéñÒâáÕ¡ÉÒÇæÒÇÉÒé¬Òâ╝ÒâÉÒâ╝Òâ¡Òâ╝ÒâëÒÇæ

Does anyone speak Japanese? If so, what's the dragon thing at 6:12?

Puts on tinfoil hat

The Dragon Emperor who's bringing the players into the New World is actually the World Dragon boss, the guy who ate all the worlds. Since World Class Items are the next incarnation of those worlds, he's using his magic to bring in those items to him, and incidentally bringing in the players and guilds attached to them.

Where does Yuri's Teleportation come from?

if it's from her fight with Evileye, it kinda just sounds like Yuri was blitzing Evileye

Alpha's answer was to blur into a haze. As though she had performed a short-range teleport, she materialized in front of Evileye and kicked her in the face.

Yuri being much faster then Evileye is already stated before that point

Alpha was truly a fearsome opponent. Every time she tried to open a gap between them, her opponent would come in swinging, several times faster than herself.

This seems more like a case of "being so fast you look like you teleported" rather then actual Teleportation

though if it comes from somewhere else, then this doesn't matter

also in Volume 6, Evileye says this when Yuri is fighting her

If she took a direct hit without the protection of her barrier, she would be destroyed.

Is this good enough to add to Yuri's AP justifcation?

Could one-shot Evileye?

thank you

should i add her being several times faster then Evileye into her speed justification too?

If Yuri can one-shot Evileye, then the latter's durability shouldn't mention surviving hits from the former, without shields, at least.

I hope blue roses actually does something noteworthy in Volume 14 for mid tier feats (which is likely because I think they'll participate in the war)

question, Evileye says she can overload herself with Negative Energy so that her hits and spells can also inflict negative statuses

even though we're never told exactly what they are, there are several moments where a spell inflicts Negative statuses, like Nuclear Blast

In addition, this spell also generated all kinds of negative status effects such as poisoning, blindness, deafness, and so on, [...]

Ainz also refers to fatigue as a negative status

"No, there is no need for that. Undead like myself are not affected by negative statuses like fatigue. If you're tired, you may go and rest."

so would it be logical to assume Evileye can cause all of those when she says she can inflict negative status effects?

no I think she meant that she can inflict negative energy type damage (the one that heals undead and damages the living) with all her attacks on top of the normal damage

ehh, that seems like a weird assumption to make when she directly says negative status effects, and there are things in Overlord which inflict statuses directly referred to as negative status effects

that's from Sand Field All, this would be with her every attack after she overloads herself with negative energy

it hurts to know that we'll have to wait even longer for Volume 14 because it will need to be translated

so even if we don't say it's the things that have been called negative status effects before, you agree it's not just lifeforce draining?

too bad it will prob never be explored, so not like it matters

Evileye's first move was to activate her ace in the hole. It was a special ability that would cause the negative energy flowing through her body to overload, and infuse every attack she made with negative status effects.

Back