• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.IV

I think that would heavily depend on the forcefield, has it blocked magic that doesnt travel? Has it blocked magic that is applied to the target directly?

If it has there could be a disscussion there but if its simply a forcefield that blocks magic its gonna need some feats of dealing with vectorless magic/directly applied magic before it comes into play.

But how it interacts with vectors was the main topic? Why wouldn't I discuss it as if that wasn't the main concerning point when that's how the conversation mainly started?

If it's just an anti-magic area that reduces by potency, it still wouldn't care if the target has no Death Manip Resistance. If it's a field that shuts magic of altogether, it depends on how the field works so again, a case by case basis. Golems still work in Han Jee Han's barriers unless I am wrong, so the casting of magic is what's stopped and not magical effects. Perhaps something like his despair aura would still work as it isn't magic, is just a natural racial ability as an Overlord.

@The pen or the sword

I wouldn't say all. I mean I'd of course categorily exclude things like "wall types" that only block into a single direction. But if it's domeshaped or directly surrounding the body, then it'd turn into a heated argument without a doubt. It'd be even more so if there were statements like "it completely isolates the insides of the barrier from any outside magic". And for forcefields attached to individuals, it'd definitly be able to block it if it was from a MOBA game.

@LSirLancelotDuLacl

Well I guess, you are right that it's mostly case by case basis

Yeah but basing it off a moba game isn't solid it would be case by case depending on what the forcefeild has blocked/how its described. Even being domeshaped doesn't garentee safty as it may only be able to block actual magical projectiles.

So in the end like many things its a case by case basis that requires one to examine the mechanics of the feild and its feats.

But see, that's what I am talking about. If it says that the forcefield "only blocks projectiles", then sure, you are right. But if it's "vague" and unspecified as well? The other side will argue in the same way as you and say "the Deathspell never showed being able to ignore forcefields or magical distortions in its way, either!" or something along the lines. In the end the vagueness will get weaponized, which is why IIRC too vague statements don't get allowed as evidence in CRTs.

As stated above case by case basis. In those cases it will be discussed on how the mechanics of the feild works, its feats, and how it is described in universe.

The pen or the sword said:
edit, asked about strahd doesn't seem the resistances are enough to change the result of his fight with ainz.
How potent is Strahd's soul hax?

Because based on Ainz's resistance, he was able to resist an EE/Soul Manipulation attack that was stated/implied to be more powerful than the ability that was used by Cure Elim to rip the souls of everyone in the four nations near Mount Keitenias.

The pen or the sword said:
Im not sure honestly He explained something about numbers in dnd, feel free to ask Mr. Bambu for futher clarification.
Okay.

Before I ask him, how many were the numbers of zombies surrounding Cure Elim during his fight with Ainz? I'm asking because those are most likely the ones that was turned by that one ability Cure Elim used (which rip the souls of everyone in the four nations and turned them into mindless zombies).

I can't recall the exact numbers, but it seems like a lot from what I can remember.

Id have to double check though off the top of my head, the five dark young, the corpus abyss necromancers. I want to say twelve? Basically we'd need to check how many ainz undead dominiation could hold. And a currently unkown amount of zombies. Sealing scales to both a town (depiction of mountains and rivers) to a world three times the size of tokyo (sealing of a world in yggdrasil)

Elim had 400K zombies surrounding him, and 1.2M in the surrounding countries he could use if he managed to escape, iirc.

Brightness Dragon Lord is obviously another Isekai protagonist who was reincarnated as a Dragon Lord.

Also, I still wait to see how his great granddaughter looks. Am curious.

Didn't we get a description of her already? She was using magic to look like a loli and was terrified of the beast men destroying her country? Atleast thats the only part dragon I think we have seen...

Any one else have a bad feeling about her by the way....Shes the exact thing demiurges is researching and shes in a desperate situation. This seems like a scenario where demiurge would take adavantage....

Nah, I mean like actual visuals. Perhaps she looks entirely human for sure but I still wanna see.

And maybe, but no clue. Demiurge could also find BDL, who is making babies with humans.

True but this feels like a situation thats going to be decided by who ever demiurge finds first.

yeah I do wonder about her appearence though it seems she can shape it to different forms....

The Overlord wiki has changed Touch Me's page now saying

Only in the Web Novel, he was powerful enough to deal with all the Floor Guardians simultaneously and roughly win.

Congrats InfiniteSped, you were right about that after all

Also, wiki says Dimensional Gap and Dimensional Slash were Web Novel only skills, so those should be removed too

Wasn't Dimensional Slash mentioned in the scene where Sebas took out most of that one evil organisation among there was one who called him-/herself with a title like "somethingsomething of the Spatial Slash"?

Should be vol.6, IIRC.

Sebas squinted his eyes. It was first time he thought he would need to be wary of an opponent. Sebas' creator, the world champion "Touch Me", had an ultimate skill which could tear the very fabric of space and time. There was no way his opponent would be able to use that kind of attack, but even a cheap knock-off would be able to damage Sebas.

Seems like he just means World Break

"T-t-take m-my 'Dimensional Slash'!"

He intrinsically knew that he would die. He knew that he could never win against Sebas. The reason he didn't try to run away was because he knew he would be dead within a few steps. If he fights, he will die, and if he runs, he will die. Since both were not an option, his attitude showed that he was a warrior nonetheless.

Sebas squinted his eyes. It was first time he thought he would need to be wary of an opponent. Sebas' creator, the world champion "Touch Me", had an ultimate skill which could tear the very fabric of space and time. There was no way his opponent would be able to use that kind of attack, but even a cheap knock-off would be able to damage Sebas.

"Kuh! Don't look down on me! [Maximize Magic - Reality Slash]!"
Ainz cast a powerful spell.
When one reached the highest level of the strongest warrior class, World Champion, one would learn the supreme, ultimate skill called [World Break].
This 10th-tier spell was merely an inferior copy of that skill, but it was still among the most damaging spells in the game.
It cleaved through the very fabric of space, and fresh blood fountained from Shalltear's chest.

Sebas squinted his eyes. It was first time he thought he would need to be wary of an opponent. Sebas' creator, the world champion "Touch Me", had an ultimate skill which could tear the very fabric of space and time.

Yep, seems like World Break he's thinking about

Sometimes it's hard to say if the TL ignored part of the ruby from the RAWs, or if it's the TL's source because, for example it's based off a Chinese translation that was retranslated into English.

For example in the JP RAWs it could have been something like Dimensional SlashWorld-Break or World BreakDimensional-Slash and the TL only went with one of them. This tends to happen a lot with technique names from what I know, where there is one version in Japanese Kanji and the other either in English outright, or in Katakana mimicing the intended English word.

Dimensional Slash and World Break are two different skills

So, is everyone good with removing the above mentioned stuff?

Should I find the thread you mentioned this in and put the evidence there, just for official purposes?

Or is the change small enough we don't need to?

Back