• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.IV

Speed: At least Supersonic+ (One of the top three players in YGGDRASIL, and as such should be compareable to Albedo)

This good?

Or would this be better?

Speed: At least Supersonic+ (One of the top three players in YGGDRASIL, and as such should be at least compareable to Albedo)

Don't remember him being one of the top three of the whole game, only the best of his server. You could put "The strongest player in the Ainz Ooal Gown Guild", or "One of the most powerful players in Yggdrasil".

So random question, are any of you familiar with Familiar of zero? (aplogies for the slight derail but there is no page for FOZ general disscussion/series.)

Ive had death noodles assist me but his knowledge on the verse only slightly out weighs my own and while the wiki is useful it is lacking in certain areas.

All right Ive been trying to find info on the more impressive spells in the verse and species other than humans. So far Ive found three species other than humans mentioned in cannon, 1 elves, 2 vampires, 3 winged people. Weirdly it seems like only humans use brimirs magic as all the other races use nature magic/first born magic.

As for spells, the only impressive spells Ive found was louise explosion and karin's tornado.

I'm kinda familiar, but I would need to give things a very deep reread, it has been **** long since I actually read the light novels. I can say they are a pretty big chunk different from the anime though.

The difference in the use of magic between humans and other species is kinda sorta maybe related to something something an elf and the previous user of the Element of Zero.

Well General question do you know of any other monster species? Informations a bit sparse on that front, other question is there any magic in foz that someone like Ainz would find impressive/threatining.

Ive been looking into it but none of there magic seems very potent. Louise explosion and karins tornado have been the only semi impressive combat spells Ive found.

edit Void magic from my research is just straight up bizzare with how it works, but I cant find info on where humans brimiric magic comes from or how it came about.

Is the new world really weaker than earth humans? Fastest sword swing on record is 58.29 km/h (98.36 mph), author did confirm you could train your physical body without levelling up + physical stat from level up.

I do believe they are, as the whole point of the summoning exercise is finding a beast partner. Unless you mean like intelligent species, I'd have to check again. And... No, not at all, except for Zero Magic. But that uses such massive cast times, it might as well make Ainz yawn. I could recheck some stuff to make doubly sure. That aside, if memory serves Zero magic is a bit of a bigger deal than just stuff like explosion.

@Muchacho No, New World Humans are not weaker than Earth Humans by any means I wouldn't imagine why you'd think that. An untrained New Worlder is gonna be the same as an untrained Earth Human, but the New Worlder's cap even forgetting lack of experience is way higher than ours as shown by Climb.

I was just looking at the anime scene with Brain's 'divine slash' to then find myslef searching the guiness records. Let's say you were a level 1 sword wielding warrior with talent and your level cap was 20. Without gaining a single level you practise your swings to finally reach the earth guiness record of 98.36 mph or you reach 90 mph with your swing. At level 20, wouldn't you be swinging at supersonic? (headcanon scaling)

Author did say this about Gazef:

[By the way, Gazef is thought to be the match of 1000 human soldiers (Level 1). Therefore I wanted to take that into consideration. Suppose a 4-Meter Brown bear was the opponent and you all fought with wooden swords, would you and a 1,000 humans win? Assuming it had a normal human intelligence and protected it's weak points from attacks. Could you [win]? To put things bluntly, the difference between Gazef and soldiers is even further beyond this no? Please think of it as one cannot possibly win without luck.] - Author thoughts volume 5

Intellegent speices are what Im most interested in (as I said Ive only found three besides humans: vampires, elves, winged people) but I also want to know about groups of monsters, Ones that youd be liable to find around tristan, rather than the single ones we see summoned by magic. Did saito/louise ever fight monsters? I know they fought an ancient dragon at one point but what about other creatures?

Void magic... Doesn't seem that impressive when it comes to combat. Ive looked into it and the only impressive combat applicable spells are explosion and dispel. They also have dimensional door and teleportation but beyond that? I haven't found anything note worthy. Though I am asking if there is anything else it can do thats worth noting as Im going off the wiki which is very hard to navigate.

I was kinda hoping to find something that would atleast impress ainz, I just haven't really found anything yet. Karin ultimate technique makes a tornado, ainz has shark cyclone. Louise explosion is impressive but ainz has nuclear blast/cry of the banshee/la shub niggurath for similar aoe

I suppose the ritual brimir and the pope were building up to is pretty impressive, saying that I haven't found any explanation on what the ritual would have actually done when it was completed... I also don't really count it as setting it up requires some very specific requirements are met.

Nature magic seems even less impressive then brimir magic overall though I can see why humans in the world have trouble with it as many of the spells Ive read about invoke status effects like sleep, paraylisis, and poison.

Sorry to be a bother but getting info on this series is a pain in the neck (ive tried reading it but saito and louise aren't compelling enough for me to get invested in their story)

edit I suppose the ancient dragon is impressive but it's uncontrollable and again requires a very specfic set of circumstances to appear. Even than its not even a true summoning spell, its just a result of the four void mages gathering. Wait...Is the dragon the ritual the pope was building up to? How did they plan to use it to wipe out the elves? I hate the wiki...

[Shalltear Bloodfallen - undead; strongest floor guardian; 1st place (best in 1v1 battle)
Mare Bello Fiore - best magic power; afraid of insects
Albedo - best defense power; can tank Super-tier magic without damage
Cocytus - best offence when equipped with a weapo
Gargantua - highest stats but have no intelligence
Demiurge - most intelligent and most evil; physical abilities are weak (weakest among the guardians)
Aura Bella Fiora - strongest in group battle; weakest in 1v1 battle
Victim - best in "confinement" or "restriction"; non-combative] - Q&A

Instead of should be comparable to Albedo for more than half on that stat table, shouldn't it be 'faster? Mare is the one that surprised me, he should be a caster but his agility is higher than Albedo & Demiurge.

[In the whole of Nazarick, the only two who might have more than even odds of beating Mare were Shalltear Bloodfallen and Albedo. Still, even his twin sister would grab her head in annoyance when she saw the discrepancy between his strength —which was ranked second among the Guardians— and his pitiful demeanor. To the Death Knight, because he was undead and would not be affected by emotions, he was able to calmly evaluate the situation, which could be considered a relief of sorts]

[In the New World living things [ikimono] which have a high level also have high defensive power [bougyo ryoku]. Similarly even if they are struck by magic the damage is affected by the level difference. Of course, it is impossible to be unhurt if one's eyeball is pierced (Some monsters may snap. Particularly dragons among other ones), usually the probability of injury and death changes based on what edged instrument [hamono] is used.

As for Level Up (growth [seichou]) it's a kind of evolution [shinka] of the species which comes from Maruyama's way of thinking. Even if the same edged instrument is used to stab, the degree of the wound would differ between a bear and human no? That's the sort of impression [at play here]. The reason high level humans have a high resist rate to poison and illness is for a similar reason.

That is to say Level Up (Growth [seichou]), please perceive it as the evolution [shinka] into a superior living [joui no ikimono] thing. It's the first step to becoming an ubermensch [choujin]. They aren't humans, those they are people, the New World's humans and our world's humans are different. Consider the previous explanation. I don't mind if you think of this as an inconsequential part of the setting though. The gathering of similar magical power [maryoku], gives rise [umarete] to a massive field [omoi ba]...] - Author thoughts volume 5+6

Speaking of the farm, any thoughts on how it will be used in later volumes? I feel like this is going to backfire on Nazarick hard.

ehh Im not sure how, most of them have been shut down as the holy kingdom is now free. Nazerick has a pretty strong stranglehold on the information around them and if word gets out the sorcerer king can always claim yaldaboth had somehow survived and set up the camps on his land without his knowledge.

Reading demonic languages is difficult and I highly doubt any reports written in the farm can be directly linked back to ainz as they all flow through demiurge who used the false name yaldobaoth,

i think it would be pretty neat to see word get out about the farms I just think its going to require an uncharistically unitellegent action/descion by demiurge

Hmm... I was thinking more along the lines of Demiurge experimenting and messing with something he shouldn't, but that works too.

Ah that seems more likely to me....Hmmmm, his experiments currently are focused on trying to cross breed between species, although his farms main focus is skinning humans for partchment.

What two species would make a cool monster? I could actually see it working out in nazericks favor, they accidentally release a super powerful monster and the sorcerer king mangnamiously saves the poor people being attacked by it.

hmm we mentioned undead domination, I feel we could always specify if it becomes a question, though we do need to add turn resistance from the bonus volume.

If you could choose a guardian to receive a arc/change like Sebas and Shalltear, which do you think would be the best?

...Hmmm Id like a demiurge arc but I feel change is impossible for him, pandora's adventures as momon could be quite amusing but his absolute loyalty and intellegence doesn't leave much room for growth, I could always use more couchcytus, Aura and mare are always fun to see and they have some room to grow.

Mare and Aura have some storytelling potential, and they aren't very fleshed out as of now.

It was mentioned before that Demiurge might get a interest in Brightness Neckbeard Dragon Lord.

Back