• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord Discussion Mk.VI

As Apeironaxim pointed out, the crater being behind the trees running along the both of them, what I noticed next was that a tree starts above the crater wall I pointed out before here https://imgur.com/a/0TYauhD

Maybe someone should ask other people on this site.

I can see at least two there that directly connet to the tree trunks above. Although I admit it kinda looks like a crater, the distortion from the spell and the lines from when the image was scanned don't help though.

Where's that pic from?

I don't think it's possible to ascertain what it is. So-Bin's artwork focuses more on style than clarity, and the fact that we can be so divided on what it shows is indicative that we probably shouldn't be using it. Also, if it is a treeline or the walls of a crater, that'd be a very small area to fight in. It's possible that it's just supposed to be a cool background.

I think i have to disagree. The fact that the anime and manga both have Fallen Down make a crater, and now we have images from the LN show what could be a crater, I feel is too important to just dismiss

Well how about we have the feat recalced ignoring the armor disintergration and keep it as a supporting feat? We now have three instances of a crater forming, one from the light novel and as I originally postulated its not a massive contradiction as there are trees burnt at the edges.

If it is a crater then we have confirmation Fallen Down makes a crater, so we look to try and calc it

With the LN being vague and lacking in good visuals, and the Manga not focusing on the crater, we then look at the anime, which would obviously give us the result we have now

There's also the problem that the narration never mentions any crater, and it's specifically said that there were still tree stumps in the area affected, meaning that the ground couldn't have been vaporized like that.

Yeah but it also doesn't say where those trees are nor describes the ground they are standing on. Ie the areas open to interpretation, with three images putting a crater there and the possiblity of those trees being on the edge of the crater I don't see the problem.

All illustrations and art go through Maruyama, he even has So-Bin redraw things until it lines up with his vision/ideas. What you can use as an argument/point would be that source never said a crater, all we got was this

[Eventually, the brilliant white world disappeared. In the wake of the vanishing pulse of superhot energy was a large circular area — vastly different from before.]

The vapor part, if it said 'crater' then the illustration smoke would be vapirization, as well as

[There was the sound of sizzling, as though someone had thrown a burning torch into water ]

The text mentions carbonization yet also vitrification, which from a quick google occur at wildly different temperatures, so not sure if those tree stumps should be there at those temps if the area is being vitrified

I could be wrong, but maybe it would be an example of authors not knowing physics/not quite realizing what they're saying

As I said its not said where those tree stumps are relative to ainz/shalltear/the area in general, we have a crater in three forms of media, there is no contradiction, simply the anime showing something that isn't mentioned in the story. Without a contrdiction the feat is useable. We simply have to ignore the armor disintergration as that doesn't happen.

The tree stumps were inside the affected area, they even say that nothing outside of it got affected at all. Most of the tree was seemingly vaporized, it's just that there was a bit left, which couldn't happen if it just vaporized the ground and created a crater several meters deep.

And I don't buy that's a crater, really.

Wherethetreesare

You can see the botton parts of the trees leading up to the areas above that line apeiro drew.

Linesofthetreees

I can see the line that looks like the edge of the crater, but it doesn't help that Ainz's spell (Gravity Maelstorm?) is sending those ripples distorting the image.

Anyway, I don't personally buy that. That's the kinda thing that would get mentioned by the narration, and the description of the area actually contradicts any crater being there.

And Im not buying thats a tree, the narration doesn't say how many or where the trees appear in the effected area. as I said its a blank spot, not covered by the light novels in dephth and we have an image from said light novel that at least suggest a crater. Note the secondary black line that connects into that "Tree" in a way trees don't naturaly connect theres very clearly a split there that is not indicitive of trees.

Firstly that line is the paper, someone didn't scan it properly. Secondly what was being point out to you was trees being closer to the two of them while that ground coloured wall is further away, hence why the trees overlay it. There is no tree starting above the crater on that side, check behind Ainz, as I've pointed out before, there is a tree starting above him, meaning elevation. What you've pointed out are branches of the same charcoal tree within the crater. Like I said before, that one is harder/stretch

This one, is pretty clear, same colour as the ground runs along behind Ainz + a tree above that + mountains being obstructed, I point out here with green https://imgur.com/a/AYsMEFN

Should be comparable to a character that create a sonic boom while moving

Hello everyone. What is that character actually and in which volume it was?

that too, but on Clementine's profile is a link to the fight between her and Momon, and it seems like she creates a sonic boom after launching herself

His eyes followed the wall-like shield as it approached, and he barely evaded the blow by the skin of his teeth—and then an armored boot kicked at him from below.
Hekkeran would not have been afraid of a normal kick. However, through their brief exchange of arms, he was fully aware that due to Ainz's incredible strength—despite having no muscles to speak of—any attack he made could kill him in a single blow. Taking the hit was tantamount to taking a mortal wound.

Hekkeran rolled away in a panic. Without Roberdyck's support, it would have been impossible. The vacuum in the kick's passing sliced off several of his hairs, and a chill raced up and down his spine.

Ainz's kick creates a vacuum, and Hekkeran dodges it

don't mind me, just going along with posting the speed feats

Manga should have been clear on that but he messed up.

Also Shouldn't Ainz by now have 'paranoia' at the bottom of his page, something also like 'thinks every opponent is a 200 IQ chess player'. As well his his standard tactics/tools/spells/skills

Muchacho mrm said:
Manga should have been clear on that but he messed up.
Also Shouldn't Ainz by now have 'paranoia' at the bottom of his page, something also like 'thinks every opponent is a 200 IQ chess player'. As well his his standard tactics/tools/spells/skills
didn't he look at a basic knight and was like "This dude might be lvl 200"

He thought a commoner of the new world might be 100, it's really just how he'd treat the unknown. I think the mental games Ainz was playing with the nonexistent enemy in the side story (before he left the city with Keno) is a good example of his mindset.

Hmm does he have the death note? If not its just going to be ainz acting as a simple office drone with nothing different. If he has the death note it goes in ainz pocket/hidden stash because its to valulable to use,...

speaking of the standard tactics/spells thing, besides Time Stop and Grasp Heart/Death magic in general, what other spells does he use?

I seem to recall he liked to use Reality Slash and Gravity Maelstrom when he fought Shalltear, an opponent who resists death magic, so that'd be good to put for when his opponent resists Grasp Heart

Yeah he also used reality slash against the night lich so maybe note if he thinks an opponent is resistant to death magic (Ie undead) He will open with reality slash

Kunivela the Night Lich had actually been controlled like a Zombie or a Skeleton. His mind and soul had already acknowledged the being before him as his controller―his Master.

This is when Ainz uses Undead Domination on Kunivela, where he describes his "mind and soul" having accepted Ainz as his master. Do you think it's literal that Undead Domination works on both the mind and soul, or just the mind, with the soul part being flowery language/non literal or what have you?

Considering that Demiurge's Hellfire Flame, and some of the other abilities that are actually affects the soul in Overlord, it wouldn't be surprising if Undead Domination also works on the soul.

We have Hellfire and Hellflame that directly attack soul. Then we have soul eaters who consume souls so it is likely he can control soul too.

I would actually say it is flowery language.

Turn undead, which Undead Dominion should fall under (in some level) affect every kind of undead, even the kind of Undead that Cure Elim used that were explicitly drained of their souls to become undead.

It could be either or honestly, I just believe flowery more.

Back