• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it was discussed. The first calc by @Migue79 was using a district of modern-day London as a model, which is itself several times larger than the whole of your average medieval city (Overlord taking place in a medieval setting and all) and I pointed that out to him. Then came @Jasonsith using medieval London as a model instead, but as you can see he says "a blast to cover the whole of such town would need a blast diameter (2 times radius) covering the hypotenuse" and that is indeed what he's calcing — AP to blow up the whole city when what we need is AP to blow up one district of said city. The calc is not wrong, just calcing the wrong thing.

Yeah, it was discussed. The first calc by @Migue79 was using a district of modern-day London as a model, which is itself several times larger than the whole of your average medieval city (Overlord taking place in a medieval setting and all) and I pointed that out to him.
Okay that is not true for several reasons, the city in question was large enough to house over 150,000 people after the war and the place was noted to have fairly advanced infrastructure such as an extensive city-wide sewage system that utilized slime monsters for waste disposal, so it was certainly no shanty town. Actual early medieval era cities can barely house a few thousand citizens and mostly had giant open areas to keep lower class away from the center (only a few cities could actually afford to make non-dirt roads).

Then came @Jasonsith using medieval London as a model instead, but as you can see he says "a blast to cover the whole of such town would need a blast diameter (2 times radius) covering the hypotenuse" and that is indeed what he's calcing -- AP to blow up the whole city when what we need is AP to blow up one district of said city. The calc is not wrong, just calcing the wrong thing.
Wasnt it pointed out that city districts tend to be the size of towns? Even if we lowered its size to fit one of the early midieval age i dont think the result is gonna go any lower, city districts in general are really big.

Now if somome can give the size of the average midieval era district that could maybe help.

Last edited:
Okay that is not true for several reasons, the city in question was large enough to house over 150,000 people after the war and the place was noted to have fairly advanced infrastructure such as an extensive city-wide sewage system that utilized slime monsters for waste disposal, so it was certainly no shanty town. Actual early medieval era cities can barely house a few thousand citizens and mostly had giant open areas to keep lower class away from the center (only a few cities could actually afford to make non-dirt roads).
You're taking things out of context, 150,000 people may have been crammed into the city, but it's original population was less than 20,000, about what London had in 1100.
Right now, this city had a mountain of problems, all of which stemmed from the increasing population. The small city of Lloyds had originally been home to less than 20,000 people, but after gathering the people from the liberated camps, there were more than 150,000 people here now.
~ Volume 13
Believe it or not, it's not that hard to cram a lot of people in a small space in dire times. Medieval London was also no shanty town, it's London god damn it and it's what is used as a model in the calc.

Wasnt it pointed out that city districts tend to be the size of towns? Even if we lowered its size to fit one of the early midieval age i dont think the result is gonna go any much lower, city districts in genral are really big.
The size of even the smallest district of London today is several times bigger than what the whole of medieval London was, that was already pointed out by me before.

You're taking things out of context, 150,000 people may have been crammed into the city, but it's original population was less than 20,000, about what London had in 1100.
Right now, this city had a mountain of problems, all of which stemmed from the increasing population. The small city of Lloyds had originally been home to less than 20,000 people, but after gathering the people from the liberated camps, there were more than 150,000 people here now.
~ Volume 13
Believe it or not, it's not that hard to cram a lot of people in a small space in dire times. Medieval London was also no shanty town, it's London god damn it and it's what is used as a model in the calc.
I believe you are misenterpreting my words, it would be physicaly impossible to house over 150,000 people in an average early midieval era city, you would litteraly end up with thousands of people living in the streets and this isnt the case here, its orginal popultion is pretty much irrelevant when its shown to be capable of housing far more people without the majority of the populaton being homelles, ill ask this, was london in 1100 capable of housing a population almost ten times greater than its original?
The size of even the smallest district of London today is several times bigger than what the whole of medieval London was, that was already pointed out by me before.
Again this doesnt tell us anything, as pointed out city districts tended to be the size of towns, even if we used small one from the early midievel ages the reuslt would likely not be much lower.

Again if someone has any idea how big a midieval era city district is it would be of great help.

I believe you are misenterpreting my words, it would be physicaly impossible to house over 150,000 people in an average early midieval era city, you would litteraly end up with thousands of people living in the streets and this isnt the case here, its orginal popultion is pretty much irrelevant when its shown to be capable of housing far more people without the majority of the populaton being homelles, ill ask this, was london in 1100 capable of housing a population almost ten times greater than its original?

Again this doesnt tell us anything, as pointed out city districts tended to be the size of towns, even if we used small one from the early midievel ages the reuslt would likely not be much lower.

Aagain if someone has any idea how big a midieval era city district is it would be of great help.
Medieval London i believe was around 1 Square mile, now we take into account that City Districts are about as large as towns today, Medieval London housed 10000 people, your average English Town in the medieval ages had about 1500 people in them, basic multiplication means that about 6.66 medieval towns could fit into a medieval city that means your average medieval Town was about 241.643 square meters, so an explosion covering that is what the calc needs to be on

Last edited:
Medieval London i believe was around 1 Square mile, now we take into account that City Districts are about as large as towns today, Medieval London housed 10000 people, your average English Town in the medieval ages had about 1500 people in them, basic multiplication means that about 6.66 medieval towns could fit into a medieval city that means your average medieval Town was about 241.643 square meters
So any idea how much this is in terms of AP?
I can do basic calculations, I aint about to be no calc group member though
Its the effort that counts.

You would not literally end up with thousands of people living in the streets. The people were just taking refuge there, not living out their whole lives. You'd just need to cram a lot of people in each building which is normally meant to house only a few people as they did for a short period of time. The rooms aren't going to explode or anything just because more people are now sleeping in them, and London was probably capable of housing several times it's then population.
Again this doesnt tell us anything, as pointed out city districts tended to be the size of towns, even if we used small one from the early midievel ages the reuslt would likely not be much low
Medieval city districts are not the size of modern-day towns though. Some modern-day cities have populations larger than those of whole countries.

Medieval London i believe was around 1 Square mile, now we take into account that City Districts are about as large as towns today, Medieval London housed 10000 people, your average English Town in the medieval ages had about 1500 people in them, basic multiplication means that about 6.66 medieval towns could fit into a medieval city that means your average medieval Town was about 241.643 square meters
@OppaiSenpai5 @TheOneBelowAll123 thinking further on the matter the calc will probably come down to 8-A or Low 7-C based on that information.

You would not literally end up with thousands of people living in the streets. The people were just taking refuge there, not living out their whole lives. You'd just need to cram a lot of people in each building which is normally meant to house only a few people as they did for a short period of time. The rooms aren't going to explode or anything just because more people are now sleeping in them, and London was probably capable of housing several times it's then population.

Medieval cities are not the size of modern-day towns though. Some modern-day towns have populations larger than those of whole countries.
Yes you would though? The people lived there for weeks and its never stated that they left after the war yet we dont have thousnads of people living in the streets, also it would be impossible to cram that many people in such a small area. You do understand that Modern Cities build vertically, yes? And have dozens of floors for apartment buildings and complexes that can permit hundreds of families and potentially thousands of people to live in a single building. The types of large complexes and buildings necessary to house such a large volume of people just doesn't exist in midieval era cities, its impossibe to fit that may in such a small space. If you injected over 100,000 people into the area, not only would there likely not be enough space for them to stay, but there would be no residences available to house them.

And some modern day towns are smaller than midieval era cities, it depends on what city you are talking about.

Apsolutely no idea, but high tiers cant go any lower then 8-B due to statements

Destroying a city district wont give you anything lower than 8-A but i believe a caclucation can be made, the problem with the previous one was that while city districts are around the size of towns london is an extremily sizable one even during midieval times and we can go much lower than that.

We need to figure out how big the average early age midieval era town was, then a clac member would need to claculate how much is needed to destroy it and we would be done .

Probably pretty to find out how large an early medieval town was, 241.643 square meters is a general average for when London was around 1 square mile

What needs to be done here and what are the agreements so far?

Summaries of the arguments would also be appreciated.

Medieval London i believe was around 1 Square mile, now we take into account that City Districts are about as large as towns today, Medieval London housed 10000 people, your average English Town in the medieval ages had about 1500 people in them, basic multiplication means that about 6.66 medieval towns could fit into a medieval city that means your average medieval Town was about 241.643 square meters, so an explosion covering that is what the calc needs to be on

The above needs to be calculated as an explosion for the tiering of high tiers
So the ratings should be:

Hight tiers(Ainz, floor guardians ect): 7-C based on the district calc.(going to be calculated scaling to medieval a medieval town)

Bottom tiers(Zenberu, Climb ect): 9-B via the low end of this calc and Climb being stronger than a tiger, speed should go to supehuman with a possiby higher due to zenberus feat(my opinion)(mine as well)

Low tiers(Brain, Gazef, Go Gin ect): They should be 9-A via being a lot stronger than people like Zenberu(much like before), speed should be possibly supersonic via scaling from the death warriors machine gun feat.

Mid tiers(Pleiades, Evileye): 9-A, likely Higher

If i made any mistakes please correct me.
That about sums it up Ant

I believe people agree that the ratings should be:

Bottom tiers(Zenberu, Climb ect): 9-B via the low end of this calc and Climb being stronger than a tiger, speed should go to supehuman with a possiby higher due to zenberus feat(my opinion)

Low tiers(Brain, Gazef, Go Gin ect): They should be 9-A via being a lot stronger than people like Zenberu(much like before), speed should be possibly supersonic via scaling from the death warriors machine gun feat.

Mid tiers(Pleiades, Evileye): Should be 9-A+ likely higher, vastly stronger than low tiers but much weaker than high tiers.

If i made any mistakes please someone correct me.

What currenlty needs to be done is for some calc meber to figure out how much it takes to destroy an average midieval era town(most likely 241.643 square meters) So we can figure out how strong the top tiers are.

Last edited:
"Likeley" "Avergage" nice spelling lol

But the destruction of 241.643 Square Meters via explosion needs to be calculated

"Likelely" "Avergage" nice spelling lol

But the destruction of 241.643 Square Meters via explosion needs to be calculated
I'll correct them, english is not my first language so you can expect a few spelling errors, i am trying to improve though! lol

But yea someone needs to calculate that.

Okay. If you provide some visual evidence as well, I can ask some calc group members to help us out with calculating the feat.

Crimson spheres and glowing spheres blossomed in the sky.
Each of these spells could probably destroy an entire city district by
themselves, and they were hurling them at each other in wild flurries.
However, they looked kind of cute from a distance.
Even so, that was an exchange of power within a realm that mankind could
never reach.
Same statement as before, more accuracy to the setting

the destruction of 241.643 Square Meters via explosion needs to be calculated
For the calc group members

Okay. Can you provide the text segment from the novel that the feat happened in then?

never reach.
Posting this again

I'm reading through it quickly, so i might make a mistake. Doppel Lupus took a Nuclear Blast, and 3 Reality Slashes before Ainz declared her out. Lupus is one of the higher levelled Pleiades, so that should be a somewhat decent metric for the others for how much they can take

Meteor Fall destroyed a section of the wall as well as the big command building behind it iirc

Ainz was in the city square, so there was likely buildings all around him.

And there was also this quote:

never reach.
@Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @Therefir @Ugarik @DemonGodMitchAubin @Jasonsith

Would any of you be willing to calculate this please?

There isnt anything wrong with the calc itself but more with what its calculating, we are talking about destroying a single midieval city district here(around 241.643 square meters as pointed out earlier) Jasonsith's is about the destruction of an entire city, which is well above that.
@Ugarik

What do you think about this?

Jasonsith's calc used the City of London which is a city district. I don't see any problem with that

Seriously, why do you think I went through the trouble of finding approximately how large a medieval city district was and post it on the crt if it wasn't going to help with rating, the spells were not about to level a city the size of Medieval London, they were about to level a Medieval City District, 1 square mile vs 241.643 square meters is a pretty big difference, the calc has nothing wrong with it, but it is looking at a modern city district not a medieval city district, there is a massive difference.

sorry if I came off as rude

Last edited:
How many times do we have to post this? This is like the eighth time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back